iPad Slotz is sooooo hard.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Xgamer1224, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Xgamer1224

Xgamer1224 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I don't know why but slotz is so hard for me. I try to wing more championships to get more trophies to get more cars. But I always fall off once and I lose the race. I hate it. Do u feel the same way? If not pls give tips.

2. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    I love the game. It can be hard but thats part of the fun.
    Practice the tracks first by yourself.
    Find the spots on the track you can go fastest and the places that you need to really slow down.
    It really helps to know the track.

3. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    it certainly takes some getting used to, but i wouldn't say it's too hard (i find the difficulty level quite enjoyable)...one good way to know how much to accelerate around a curve is to look at tire smoke as you turn, when you start to see the smoke it is a good sign that you will soon skid off if you don't ease off the accelerator

4. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Dial the CPU Oops factor (in advanced settings) up to 100, dial the grip setting down a bit (CPU cars hate low grip), turn the scale speed down a bit (so it's easier for you to control), stick to the digital throttle and more than anything else *PRACTICE* :)

Learning the tracks is the key to winning. Find which corners you can go fast on and which ones you can't. Decelerate going into corners and hit the throttle coming out of them. When you see tyre smoke it means you're about to spin off, so let go of the throttle temporarily.

5. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I don't find this game hard at all. I think have won every championship race I have entered. Once you get in a rhythm it's great and you can get many laps ahead of the 2nd place racer

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    SLotz has a lot of options you can change, personally I play with accel at 20, speed at 25-30 and grip low so it feels more to scale with real racing cars, I also have to slow down on corners due to low grip.

7. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    Thats interesting. I will have to try that feeling.
    What view do you use when playing that way?

8. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I would have agreed--but I was having fun despite the difficulty, and just won a match! (Default settings, except I nudged the CPU oops factor just a little above zero--because it seemed unfair for them to be perfect!)

The really simple figure-8 tracks may be a good starting point--I found them easier, even after I "knew" the layouts of more complex tracks. (I think that's why I won, not the oops factor.)

I do see myself improving on the other tracks too. And it's not like I'm putting in hours on this--I pick it up to play with every day or two for a couple of minutes. If I played it a LOT I doubt I would think it was too hard.

9. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    The regular one most of the time, I just change cam as I feel like it :)

10. Xgamer1224

Xgamer1224 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I changed the oops factor to 100 but it seems to not have any effect in championship mode

11. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

It changes the chance of a computer player not braking in time, but doesn't make it a certainty. So there's more chance a CPU player will spin off, but he might (especially if it's a fast circuit) make it round a short race without spinning.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again (and you'll probably be better each time around).

As long as you're not in strict mode, you can restart any race in a championship or exit the championship and start the race again.

12. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Try changing camera mode to a mode that can give you more viewing space. That really helps to anticipate whether to accelerate or de-accelerate on the next path/corner.

13. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Practice this game, it gets easier and easier. I could not win a single race for quite a while, now I win almost every race I play (still playing easy CPU skill though)

14. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    One thing thats a bit annoying to me is how long it takes to finish a championship.
    One of them has like 20 laps for each track, with 6 tracks in the tournament. I really enjoy this game but i end up getting a little bored of going around a track 20 times.

15. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I had a championship which was 5 races, and they were endurance so it was 10 minutes a race! took forever but i won!

16. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    One thing that was throwing me off a lot was pit stopping, I would miss it so many times that it irritated me a bit.

I have all the endurance championships left. Kind of a drag to play those. Almost reminds me of the endurance races in Gran Turismo where you know you will win but it's just a matter of doing them.

17. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Hmm... I like the pit stopping very much. Gives room to experiment different strategies. Also keeps the longer races becoming too dull ;)

I like the long races too. Just up the challenge by choosing a harder AI level and sweat! Just try not to throw your iDevice against the wall when you lose the race on the last lap of that 20 lap race.

18. kiancheong

kiancheong Well-Known Member

I find the CPU Oops factor to be a gift. The CPU players have been perfect way too long. Time for some payback. But I still run my car off the lane though. :p

19. wisegrape

wisegrape Active Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I have to agree that the game default settings are very difficult to just pick up and play. It's a great looking game and fun to play at first. I am coming close to removing it from my phone as after losing so many times it gets really old. FYI, I haven't played the update yet.

20. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Those having trouble with oops factor not seeming to be any help, I noticed this too. I realized that what was happening is that I would never have the time to finish a whole championship at once, so I would play a race or two, go back to the home screen, then play a couple more later. When you go back into the game, even if you selecet "Continue championship," all the settings are reset, so your oops factor goes back to ZERO from 100. You just need to go back into options and change them all again befroe continuing your championship.