Slope Rider, 3D snowboarding game, has been submitted to the App Store

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by monteboyd, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You wouldn't be saying that if he sounded like Stephen Hawkins.

2. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Look forward to this (or any half decent game with a board, on snow, water, streets, anything!:D).

So if I'm right jumps are a combination of tilt and swipe?
    One thing that looks a bit odd, and I say look because it may work out differently when playing, but the landscape seems to scroll by at constant speed (and a bit too fast/unrealistic? Might be because that worked out better in testing), wether you are falling down, turning, jumping... ?

3. monteboyd

monteboyd Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, it will all be considered for updates.

@arta, the horizon of the game always stays parallel to the long edge of the device, if that makes sense. Personally when I am playing it, the feeling of linking turns feels right. But everyone is different, my beta testers have been happy with it, so I hope most other players will be too.

@'Jeep the trick controls are a combination of touch (no swipe), tilt and rotate. So for the simplest grab you will touch and hold in one section of the screen. For a simple flip, tilt the device. For a simple turn, rotate the device. Then to get combo points combine these. Take your finger off the screen and touch in a different area for multiple grabs.

4. monteboyd

monteboyd Well-Known Member

5. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I really want this game. Crazy Snowboard was ok but the framerate was a bit iffy. Alpine Racer was just dumb and I hated the lite version, plus the reviews on the full version didn't do the game any good. This one, I'm hoping, is going to be the snowboard jackpot.