Universal Sling Kong (Protostar)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by protostarMatt, Jun 3, 2015.

1. protostarMatt

protostarMatt Active Member

Sep 18, 2014
    #1 protostarMatt, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    Hey everyone! After releasing Checkpoint Champion in November last year, Dean and I are in the final stages of making our second game, Sling Kong.

[​IMG]

It's an Endless Slinger (for lack of a better term). The aim to is to sling one of 50 cute, collectable characters through a vertical gauntlet of mayhem. It probably won't be finished for at least another month, so you can expect a release sometime in August, but we'll be adding new info to this thread as we go.

Check out our sneak peek video, or better yet, if you've got a device with iOS8, you can sign up to help us test the game right now. :)

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    looks fun.. kinda feels like cooped up from nitrome but sure this one has more mechanic variation

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Cool, Checkpoint Champion was great, hope this will be in the same league.

4. protostarMatt

Sep 18, 2014
    Yeah, thanks Roger. It's a lot more accessible than Checkpoint Champion, but I think there's still a lot to like for more skillful players. It kinda goes from easy to pretty damn impossible in 60 seconds. Beating your friends scores and challenging them to beat yours will be a good way to earn extra coins too. :)

5. protostarMatt

Sep 18, 2014
    Time for some Sling Kong updates!!!

Carter just played Sling Kong this morning on mobcrush if you want to check out some more gameplay from the final version of the game.

http://www.mobcrush.com/TouchArcade/v/55b7f00d4c808010d2b9e086

Also, grab your crayons and put a big smiley on August 6th, cause we have a release date now! (Providing we pass submission, of course!) :eek:

[​IMG]

ALSO also, here's the final gameplay preview as it will appear on the AppStore.

6. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Looks great, can't wait to play it.

7. protostarMatt

Sep 18, 2014
    The game is all ready for a release this Thursday and, in celebration, here's a few promo codes for all y'all! Good luck!

P7JKYK66JF7E
    PMRK6HXYLYFP
    MXHFE7LY33LJ
    RKW7E9ATERJE
    WP99NKTXPRE3
    93H9L7XPWXNY
    LRE4H9LJ9TEM
    NH66RMYJKX3Y
    AXYLMT9K3XX3
    HWTRLKMP6HHJ

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you!!!!
    P7JKYK66JF7E

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thanks for the promo!!! This is a really well polished casual game. I cannot tell if it's going to be released for free or paid. Honestly I would be fine with either. It has a coin system that is only used for new characters that are cosmetic only. It's super fair like crossy roads but I didn't see any ads or any offers for ads. It's a nice super cute game.✌️

10. DezTheSpic

DezTheSpic Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Used HWTRLKMP6HHJ

Thank you so much. I'll buy some IAPs as a thank you

11. protostarMatt

Sep 18, 2014
    It will be a free game, so no pressure on the IAPs. :) We appreciate any support though, and if you like the game please be sure to put a review on the store (although I'm not sure you can do this until Thursday).

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Snagged NH66RMYJKX3Y. Thanks!

13. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #13 paulkane, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    This looks cute, plus any CR comparison perks me right up. I figured all the promo codes were gone, but I snagged
    AXYLMT9K3XX3?! Thanks!

Edit: Wow, this is fun! Slingshot mechanic is great and I unlocked the lion. Can't wait to play some more tomorrow. Congratulations and Good Luck on the game.

14. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    LRE4H9LJ9TEM redeemed! Thank you I'll give it a go later on and will post a feedback here.

15. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Excellent game! Surprisingly good and addictive, I really like it. I usually don't like free to play games and can't bother playing those more than 2 minutes

16. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #16 Lavender, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    I have been beta testing this one and it has been one of my favorites!
    Very cute free to play game with ads by choice. So there's no pressure. You earn coins in the game and can use them for earning different characters by playing an extra little side game or, watch a video ad for extra coins.

Get ready to giggle in this super fun and super easy to play game. Even the name sounds a little bit funny. Sling Kong is quite literal. You 'Sling' Kong, or other animals by using a rubber band type mechanism to pull back, aim and let go.
    If you aim correctly, your character will grab a peg. Then you pull back again, and grab another.
    If you do it incorrectly, your character will come crashing down and maybe shatter into pieces or maybe something else. But; look out for dangerous obstacles like fire or walls. It's a jungle out there and anything could happen.
    Creative and unique, Sling Kong is filled with cute graphics and fun noises.
    Fantastic for Young and young at heart.
    Definitely a game you will come back to again and again, just like me. I'm going back to it now. After all, I have a monkey to save. :)

17. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    This looks cute. Cant wait to play it! :)

18. RTamminen

RTamminen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    The mechanics and the UI looks great! Waiting for the release. :)

19. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Thanks for...a code. I surprisingly caught a code this morning and just after downloading, my iphone 5s died. For the next 2-3 weeks i'm stuck with a replacement iphone 5 with no GB at all. Three games are installed now, including yours, lol.

Incredibly polished, super easy and responsive controls, cute characters to unlock, and if you like this climbing higher genre, than there's no reason to not try the game out once it's released.

Good luck!

20. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Saw Carter playing this on MobCrush the other day - looking forward to it. Looks very well done (loved checkpoint Champion)