Universal Sling Kong (by Protostar)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 5, 2015.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I got to play a little bit of this today. It's actually pretty decent for a high score chaser.

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I really liked Checkpoint Champion and probably played too much of it, but this doesn't have the same appeal for me. There are so many endless games I can tolerate at this day & age. It's extremely polished and plays well enough for what it does, but I've had my fill after a dozen or so rounds.

3. Shiatama_0

Shiatama_0 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    This is a great game. What would be cool is if the level (backround) would change depending on the animal you choose. Hint to the dev ;)

4. SpungeGames

SpungeGames Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    Congrats on a great game Protostar!

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=267677][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267872][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267701][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267695][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267582][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267824][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267858][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266486][​IMG][/thread]

Sling Kong

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

August 6th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

6. protostarMatt

protostarMatt Active Member

Sep 18, 2014
    Hey everyone. After a disaster yesterday where we basically pushed a button and broke the game for hundreds of people, :confused: we're back with some fixes. We've submitted an update to fix any crash bugs and hopefully we can get it passed through Apple quickly. If the game was working for you before and isn't now, check out our SUPPORT page to get it working again.

The update also contains some new features and other tweaks.

Also, we'd love it if you voted for Sling Kong for the game of the week!! :D

7. ahsanmahmood20

Aug 5, 2015
    Super Cool!

I just downloaded the game in my iPad 2 and was addicted to the game from the beginning. :)
    Its just awesome :D
    Love it :cool:

8. sheetal patil

sheetal patil Member

May 28, 2015
    amazing game with really sutle gameplay mechanism. just loved playing this game.:)

9. Shiatama_0

Jul 3, 2012
    Woohoo update! Introducing big coins with value of 10. Just need 6 more caracters to finish collection. The polarbear is so cute!!

10. protostarMatt

Sep 18, 2014
    Our next update (1.1) will add more characters including the desert set. I think it's the best one yet! We're also adding a bunch more stuff to the game in this update, but more on that later!

In the meantime... here's a sneak preview of the desert set...
    [​IMG]

11. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Game has me hooked collecting all the animals. Don't miss out on the Water Bear! Would love to see some new backgrounds.

12. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Great tease. I love those desert foxes with the gigantic ears. Too cute.

13. Shiatama_0

Jul 3, 2012
    The desert fox reminds me of Pikachu :)

Great news for the update, just in time as I'm only missing 1 character in the current set

14. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Yes!

I'm down 2 characters and keep bombing out on getting them. It will be nice to add some new ones to the mix.

15. protostarMatt

Sep 18, 2014
    New characters aren't the only thing we've added in Sling Kong 1.1!
    We've also put in a cool new way to share scores, powerups, more coins and more!
    Out September 10, or right now on Android. :)

Let us know what you think, and what you want to see in future updates.
    [​IMG]

16. PrettygreatPhil

PrettygreatPhil Active Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Multiball please :)

17. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I took a break from playing, but jumped back in with the Christmas update. The mission to get 30 presents was a great motivator and I unlocked a cool "rare" Kong. How many rare Kongs exist? Is it possible to get the previous rare Kong(s)? I also liked getting the hats...the Crab's hat is my favorite.

18. protostarMatt

Sep 18, 2014
    There's 4 rare Kongs at the moment and there will be 5 after the January 5th update. Any rares you've missed will *very* occationally appear in the prize machine. :)

19. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #40 paulkane, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Wow, 4 rare Kongs! I guess that break was longer than I thought. Will we be able to keep the Christmas hats we've collected heading into future updates? The snowman 2xhat is classic!