Sling it! Beta testers needed!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Big Z Labs, Jul 22, 2012.

1. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    I think it's be best if at level 12 a popup asked if you wanted to continue using the pre-shot trajectory. If that's not possible then keeps it throughout the whole game.

Edit: Autocorrect can be a real mystery...

2. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I'm playing it on an iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1.

And that's what it looks like Chris, on level 9; no matter where I aimed the ball, it would get stuck mid air on an invisible barrier. Before and after the two train tracks.

I think the pre-shot trajectory should be a permanent element in the game.

3. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Am I the only one that game center gets messed up after launching this app?

Now when ever I launch another app I need to sign in again and in the top left it says Sandbox. Not only that it says I've never used gamecenter before.

Reinstalling the app.

4. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    #24 Eoghann, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    In my case it just says that Gamecenter doesn't recognize this app or something like that. GC has probably been disabled on Beta and that's causing the issue. Seeing as one of the achievements is obtained by beating the first level and so forth.

I'm not too crazy about the blank space that appears in my Games list where Sling It should be.

[​IMG]

5. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Hmm, pressed the menu button in level 5 after many failed attempts and the game froze.

Also, I have to admit that some levels seem to be passed more by luck than a strategically aimed shot.

6. Big Z Labs

Big Z Labs Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Is this not a job? Oh....
    California
    With the sandbox mode in Game center, log out in the Game center app and then open an app that has Game center like Angry Birds or something, and then log in. Game center shouldn't be really working right now because the app isn't live in the app store yet. If that makes any sense. Luck helps a little, hehe. Getting all the timings correct, but some of the levels you aren't supposed to be able beat in a few minutes. What would be the fun of playing then? If you guys feel like some are too hard or have some recommendations to make them easier do not hesitate to tell me. :p

7. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Well I assume once they is a pre shot trajectory the levels will become a little easier. Once that feature is ready and we test it, I'll let you know if they're better.

8. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Nice update, very fast too! Glad to see Level 9 has been fixed, no invisible barriers anymore! :) Tried it a few times and works great now.
    Loving the pre-shot guideline. Vast improvement!

Level 17 is quite a challenge. Can't get past it. I make it past the lava carts but those wooden crates.....damn I hate 'em. xD

Skip level option PLEASE! :p

Or maybe a star/coin based system where you pick up a certain number of coins in each stage and you can use them to skip a level.

And this is more of a personal opinion than anything else, but I would kind of like some sound effects aside from the background music. Like some pings or or boings as the ball is released and it's bouncing all over the place. Or the slingshot stretching and retracting when I pull on it. Nothing too cartoony though. That would just make it unbearable. And a little more oompf on that slingshot so it fires faster.

9. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Hmm, the star/coin siytem to skip a level reminds me alot of bike baron, where for each stage to unlock you needed to spend a star and stars were gained by completing mission objectives. Here it could be collecting stars.

I second a skip option, though I never use it :p

10. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York

Yup, I was thinking about Bike Baron when I suggested that. Although I first saw that system in Joe Danger. I'm sure it's not the first game to implement it but it sure works. :)

11. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    #31 iSky, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    Bug Found

Okay, I'm not 100% sure how to reproduce this bug and I can't take a screenshot because of how my fingers end up because of the bug >.>.

Here are some details.

Version: 1.2
    Device: iPod Touch 4 Gen
    Level: 8

So I was messing around and testing a theory (now proved wrong :p) whether or not level solutions are out of pure luck and what I decided to do was drag the slingshot all the way to the bottom right corner and repeatedly shoot the ball. Now, the ball always ended up in the same place but, sometimes when I would drag the ball all the way to the corner of the screen, the ball would 'teleport' to the center again, yet the slingshot stayed at my finger.

Attempts to take screenshots ended up in my iPod almost falling from my hands, the ball resetting and bending my finger to reach the power button. If I can manage to reproduce the bug in a more screenshot-wise grip, then I'll upload the screenshot of the bug (wait did you say no screenshot uploads in the first post?).

UPDATE: I managed to reproduce it again but I can't figure out a comfortable grip. The only way I manage to reproduce the bug is if I use my index finger to aim the slingshot but thats the finger I plan to use to press the power button (Now I feel like Jailbreaking just to get activator and take a screenshot, then restoring.)

UPDATE 2: I got a screenshot of another bug. What do I do? What I did to get it was reload the level via level select.

UPDATE 3: Another bug, to reproduce this one head to level 8, drag the slingshot up, and continue to drag it on that horizontal line and the ball will drop down while the slingshot does not.

UPDATE 4: The original bug I wrote about is present in other levels (confirmed, 8 and 12).

12. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Use your nose, or feet. xD
    Lemme see if I can recreate it and screenshot it.

And I think screenshots are alright, the other thread with the robotic looking game said no screenshots, RocketPop.

13. Big Z Labs

Big Z Labs Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    California
    #33 Big Z Labs, Jul 23, 2012
    I found and fixed the first bug you found, thanks by the way. And i'm happy you found the game doesn't rely on luck completely haha. If you dont mind sending me the screenshot to czielinski at bigzlabs.com that'd be awesome. :)

Thanks for your guy's help! It means a lot to me. Yeah, i'm fine with screenshots. It seems to me that RocketPop has put a lot of production time and money into their game, so I can understand why they wouldn't want screenshots getting out.

14. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    #34 iSky, Jul 23, 2012
    Oh it was rocketpop, I knew I saw a thread with that. Well, I find it impossible for me to take a screenshot of the first bug. The other ones yeah.

EDIT: PM sent. Gonna take a break from TA for a bit now (Hopefully I can stay away for a while, don't wanna get addicted)

15. Big Z Labs

Big Z Labs Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    California
    New build uploaded with bug fixes and instructions have been added. In regards to a "Level skip", How would you guys feel with a pay 0.99 cents and receive like 3 level unlocks or something in that ball park? At this point in development, I feel like there are enough features for a release, but i'm definitely considering it for an update. What do you guys think?

16. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Hmm, I'm not a fan of iAP (have never bought one in 1+ year). But if you're considering an iAP 3 level skips for $.99 doesn't sound 'fair'.

Maybe a 'unlock all levels for $.99' sounds much better.

17. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    #37 Eoghann, Jul 23, 2012

When it comes to IAP, I find it's quite a sensitive subject among some players. With the mere mentioning of IAP, I have seen some simply avoid the game all together and that can seriously hurt a game. Then there is the Dev's point of view where they simply can't work for free!

I'll have to side with iSky in this case. For the sole reason that if someone pays a buck to skip three levels, and if they don't use those three skips wisely, they're stuck with a game that he won't be able to complete if they reach a particularly difficult stage. Whereas unlocking all levels, the user can complete as many as they possibly can then return to the really tricky ones if they desire.

Then comes the other issue of updates. Will you be updating the game with new levels? Will the previous IAP mean that those levels will already be unlocked upon updating?

I think if IAP is to be implemented, it should offer a much higher reward or be implemented in a more thought out manner. Possibly like the Mighty Eagle IAP for Angry Birds. It let's you "skip" a particularly difficult level by smashing the entire map.

Maybe an IAP that gives you bombs for example, and turns the ball into a bomb that just clears a path to the goal.

18. Big Z Labs

Big Z Labs Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    California
    Do you guys really want a "Unlock all levels for 0.99 cents"? To me, that defeats the whole purpose of playing the game, and competing with a friend to see who can beat a certain level first. Or just feeling the awesomeness of beating a hard level after trying 300,000 times haha. Is it just me? And, you guys have convinced me to stay away from IAP for the most part haha. :p

19. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Doesn't necessarily have to be a 'unlock all'. The idea above is a good idea. Bombs that destroy objectives. A 5 pack for $.99(?). That way it's not a must have iAP, but some people will find it useful. Think of it as the mighty eagle in Angry Bords Space (it was different there).

20. jtall

jtall Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    North Carolina
    I'm unable to download the 1.3 update from test flight. When I click on the link in the email for 1.3 from test flight I get the following message

I can install the previous beta builds just fine but not this one