Sling it! Beta testers needed!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Big Z Labs, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Big Z Labs

Big Z Labs Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Is this not a job? Oh....
    California
    #1 Big Z Labs, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Hey guys,
    Thats right! I'm looking for a few Beta testers to test my new and up-coming iPhone game. I don't really have a description for this game yet (pure laziness at its finest), but its a really simple slingshot type game. Try it out, I promise you won't regret it. And one last thing, if you can send me back some feedback, whether its a bug, glitch, or maybe just a simple "Dude, You're awesome." will work wonders for my self-esteem haha.

Thanks!
    --Chris
    ***********Features***************
    Over 30 Challenging Levels!
    17 Unlockable Game Center Achievements!
    Game Center Leaderboard!
    Endless Amounts of Fun and Joy!
    I don't have a trailer quite yet, that's next on the list. But here are some screenshots to get you SUPER EXCITED!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks everyone! We have finished recruiting beta testers!

2. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    #2 iSky, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    About to apply. Some screenshots would help though.

Edit: Can you please add screenshots before I apply to beta test?

Edit 2: Visited the link, is that it? Just wait now?

3. Big Z Labs

Big Z Labs Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    California
    #3 Big Z Labs, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    Yup, thats it. I have to add you to the Provisioning profile and you should get an email shortly. I attached some screenshots earlier, can you not see them? Thanks!

Edit: iSky, Sorry for the inconvenience, but would you be able to sign up again? I edited the link above or just use this one. I used the wrong link. Oops haha. Thanks.

-Chris

4. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    #4 iSky, Jul 22, 2012
    what do you mean wrong link, it's the same :p. I will and no I cannot see the screenshots. I'm using the TA app and in every other thread I can see screenshots.

5. Big Z Labs

Big Z Labs Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    California
    Fixed the screenshot problem. :) Let me know if you have anymore problems.

6. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Now I can see the screenshots. Just waiting for the beta now :D.

7. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    I sent you an email via testflight because it says my iPod is not authorized yet :(. Is this like a cache bug or something?

8. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Is this your first time using Testflight? Do you have an account. On your mobile device, go to
    www.testflight.com, or search for Testflight.

You need to register your device to your account. Create an account on your device and a box will come up for you to install a profile. This is your Testflight one. Install that and you should be registered. Now try the sign up again for the beta.

9. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    I already have the certificate installed and even reinstalled it. Gonna try to apply again, but I got the email saying I could install the beta.

10. Big Z Labs

Big Z Labs Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    California
    iSky, I have successfully applied for the beta test and downloaded the app to an unauthorized iPhone. So it should work for you now, but if you're still having problems, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at czielinski at bigzlabs.com

11. skeletonlord

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I applied for the beta and got my invite with a download. I am liking the game so far, easy concept, but there are challenging elements.

The only thing is that you have a button that says "Rate me". It takes you to a blank app store. Hopefully this is fixed.

12. Big Z Labs

Big Z Labs Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    California
    Thank you! Haha the rate it button will be fixed, the game isn't in the App Store quite yet. :p

13. skeletonlord

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for replying!

I am looking forward to worldwide release, whenever that will be.

14. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    #14 iSky, Jul 22, 2012
    Edit: Sent as email.

15. skeletonlord

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Sky, you want to give feedback directly? You know the email you got with the download? Simply reply directly to that email.

16. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Oh, the email address is a little decieving :p. says [email protected] lol.

17. jtall

jtall Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    North Carolina
    Fun game! Difficulty curve could use some tweaking though. One level is really hard but the next can be really easy. Maybe add a something to the tutorial showing the reset button so people with a dead ball won't be waiting or make it so dead balls reset after a few seconds. Other than that game is great

18. skeletonlord

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    That's what I do, and I get an email back with what the developer says. It's the best way for him to get your feedback. Normally, you get a reply within the day.

19. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Hey Chris, I managed to install the game on my phone. I have a few observations:

Music: Is great. It's not distracting and just fine for the type of game.

Menu
    - The sound toggle is a little glitchy. There are times when I toggle it on or off and I don't get any music either way. I have to restart the app to get it working properly.

- The in game menu button tends to get quite unresponsive, I've had to press it many times for it to register.

Slingshot:I feel the slingshot requires more luck than skill to get the pebble across. I've played several slingshot games in several consoles and I've never had to repeat levels as often as on this one. xD No matter where I point it, it doesn't go where I want it to; at least not very often. Feels more like a game of chance. Some power ups might help. Or a pre-shot guidline a la Peggle or post shot trajectory like Angry Birds to fine tune the real tricky shots.

Level design: Level 9 for example, a simple stage where two cars run back and forth horizontally across the screen on two sets of train tracks. Invisible walls everywhere! And it's not just straight across I can't shoot. Even when shooting diagonally and making it past both cars AND both train tracks, the ball stops mid air right before the end of the stage and resets my slingshot. No matter where I point, I can't get the ball across because it keeps hitting invisible barriers. That does not translate to a fun experience if I have to shoot blindly in hopes to make it across. I literally gave level 9 150 counted attempts (all of them carefully aimed at multiple angles, trying to avoid the cars) and I never got through it because it hit many invisible barriers all over the place. I killed the app and restarted it and this time it only took me 5 attempts to get through. This time I only hit an invisible barrier three times.

- Some level designs can be very brutal. And with a slingshot that sometimes has a mind of it's own, it can get borderline frustrating trying to get past those levels. Either a level redesign, power ups or a simple skip level feature would greatly help.

20. Big Z Labs

Big Z Labs Active Member

Jul 22, 2012
    California
    Hey! Thanks for the feedback. In regards to the menu and sound button, i'll try to figure out whats happening. On what device are you running the game on? iPhone 4, correct? It's strange that you're getting "invisible" walls, because that means that the physic bodies from the previous level are still there, meaning they weren't removed. Does it seem like the previous objects are still there? Hmmm...i'll have to take a look at that again. Thought I fixed it :/. With the slingshot, I'm implementing a pre-shot trajectory as we speak. Seems to be a wanted feature haha. Do you guys feel like it should be there throughout the game or up to a certain level like level 12? And in regards to the levels being easier the the next few, I can switch them around, thats not a problem at all. :) Oh yeah, almost forgot, a instruction page is being add as well.

-Chris