[Slime-Ball-Istic Mr. Missile] - Missile Defense and ... Geography?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LacunaKing, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LacunaKing

LacunaKing Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Seoul, South Korea
    #1 LacunaKing, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Edit 2:
    Mr. Missile has launched globally on iOS and Android!
    Thank you to those who waited patiently!

Our team of two worked on this on the side while still holding our day jobs. Plus, our programmer Louis had has first child at the end of December! That made it a little challenging to put on the final touches, but the game is here now.

Download it from our website or directly in the App Store or Google Play Store.
    Thank you, and have fun!

------

Edit:

We missed the Q3 launch that we were initially aiming for, but we're currently testing (closed, sorry!), and we're planning to soft launch in a few weeks. Based on how that goes, we'll release globally soon thereafter!

We'd love to hear your questions and comments here or on our website's forums.

Thank you for stopping by!

-------
    Original post with teaser trailer.

I'm happy to present the teaser trailer for our upcoming game, "Slime-Ball-Istic Mr. Missile" (or "Mr. Missile" for short).

Many of you may recognize the retro gameplay featured at the tail-end of the trailer.
    We're currently aiming for a Q3 release this year (2016).

We still have a few cities and landmarks to create for the game, so we'd love to hear from you as to what cities / landmarks you'd like to see in the game. Any continent is fair game, though we'd like each city to have at least 3 (somewhat) famous and recognizable buildings / landmarks. Feel free to give us your suggestions in the comments.

Thanks for checking us out!

2. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    it looks vey fun

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Alright, I'm throwing my vote in for my hometown of Sacramento. I know it's not the most well-known town, but it's actually an awesome city that's under most peoples' radar and we ARE the Capital of California, after all :)

Anyway, probably 3 of the most recognizable landmarks in Sacramento are:

The Ziggurat Building
    [​IMG]

The Tower Bridge
    [​IMG]

and of course, The State Capitol Building
    [​IMG]

4. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    My hometown Honolulu, Hawaii would be awesome to see in this game! :D

5. Shimm5

Shimm5 Active Member

Jan 28, 2016
    How about farms and giant wind turbines in the Midwest or some spinoff of Area 51 in the desert?

6. LacunaKing

LacunaKing Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Seoul, South Korea
    Thanks for the replies and checking us out, everyone!

kripa1415` We hope so. Graphics, sound, and everything should be as good as possible, but in the end it should be a fun game!

Boardumb (Jared) Thanks for actually finding and including images! This aspect of research actually takes time, so you've helped a lot. You've certainly made a strong case for Sacramento which currently isn't in the game... but now could be? =]

tunawrap Honolulu could work. It's definitely a recognized city. As a local, what 3 (man-made) landmarks would you suggest? Tall skyscrapers work well, but variety is also nice.

Shimm5 I know you saw our reply in the article, but I'll repost it here.
    "Visually that actually sounds really cool, Sean. As of now we've been including landmarks (Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, etc.), but we'll keep this in mind. I wonder what Area 51 looks like...
    Thanks for the suggestions!"
    I've actually just made some turbines for another location. And I'm still thinking of "Area 52" in the back of my mind.

Here are some images we've been posting for marketing.
    The final game will include parodies of landmarks to avoid legal issues. =]

[​IMG]

Westminster Palace
    [​IMG]

The Colosseum
    [​IMG]

Arc de Triomphe
    [​IMG]

Fernsehturm de Berlin
    [​IMG]

Hungarian Parliament Building
    [​IMG]

an enemy slime
    [​IMG]

7. LacunaKing

LacunaKing Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Seoul, South Korea
    Hello all.

Work continues on the game as our first set of cities is done. Of course the plan is to make more, but first we need to finish the rest of the game. o_O

We're still interested in hearing which cities and landmarks (at least 3 per city) you'd like to see.

For now, here are some more sprites we've made.

Washington D.C. Made on the 4th of July, of course.
    [​IMG]

Gyeongbok-gung 경복궁
    [​IMG]

Tokyo Tower
    [​IMG]

Taipei 101
    [​IMG]

Gateway of India
    [​IMG]

Burj Al Arab
    [​IMG]

A building-eating slime
    [​IMG]

Let us know what you think. Thank you!

8. LacunaKing

LacunaKing Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Seoul, South Korea
    Still Alive

Though you wouldn't know if from our lack of updates, the Lacuna King team is still alive. We missed our Q3 release, but we really are very close to being done with our game. We need to tidy up some translation work and small bugs, run a pretty short closed testing cycle, then on to release. Thank you to any who have stayed interested or who are now getting interested. =]

Here are some more character related images.

City Select Icons
    [​IMG]

Preliminary Sketches of Tank Jr. character
    [​IMG]

Final Tank Jr.
    [​IMG]

Our artist participated in a 24 hour comic challenge, attempting (and failing) to complete a 24 page comic within 24 hours. He started a prologue story to our game that he will finish one day.
    [​IMG]

An inked page from the comic. (it's Inktober!)
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking! Our full-length trailer is coming out soon as well as our game!

9. LacunaKing

LacunaKing Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Seoul, South Korea
    I added this to the first post as well, but here's our full-length trailer.

We missed the Q3 launch that we were initially aiming for, but we're currently testing (closed, sorry!), and we're planning to soft launch for Android in a few weeks. Based on how that goes, we'll release globally for iOS and Android both soon thereafter!

We'd love to hear your questions and comments here or on our website's forums.

Thank you for stopping by!

10. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Trailer looks great! Very excited for this game :D

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Can I help test

12. LacunaKing

LacunaKing Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Seoul, South Korea
    Wow... I'm really late with the replies here. Very very sorry! ^__^;;;;

@tunawrap Thanks so much! We are really looking forward to releasing! Soon! Honest!

@Jayg2015 Sorry to say we had a really small, closed group of testers. We really appreciate your interest and willingness to help, though! I like your avatar / profile image. Clever. =]

Testing is going well for Android and iOS. My partner and I (we're a team of two) just discussed what final changes / tweaks we want to make before releasing. If that goes smoothly, we should be able to release within a matter of weeks. Sorry, but no definite release date yet.

Until then, here are a couple screenshots of gameplay. =]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Like the looks of this. Definite Download.

14. LacunaKing

LacunaKing Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Seoul, South Korea
    #14 LacunaKing, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    @HEiRAVON Really appreciate that. You should be able to download very soon (or now), depending on where you live. =]

Dear TouchArcade readers,

I'm back with a new update of substance: our only programmer (Lacuna King is one programmer and one artist) just had his first baby - a son!
    Amidst the busy-ness of taking care of his newborn, he found time to work on some tweaks for the game and we are happy to announce that we have soft-launched in Oceania! (the game is available in Australia and New Zealand, and the other sovereign states we could identify with the help of the Internet)

If you live in this region, please try out our game. Depending on the feedback we get and the performance of the game, we will make any necessary adjustments and release globally.

Thanks so much!

Here are some promo images of the Oceanic (?) cities currently featured in the game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. LacunaKing

LacunaKing Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Seoul, South Korea
    Mr. Missile has launched globally on iOS and Android!
    Thank you to those who waited patiently!

Our team of two worked on this on the side while still holding our day jobs. Plus, our programmer Louis had has first child at the end of December! That made it a little challenging to put on the final touches, but the game is here now.

Download it from our website or directly in the App Store or Google Play Store.
    Thank you, and have fun!