Universal Slide the Block (by Alegrium)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dfets, Feb 1, 2015.

1. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    8 hackers already on the leaderboard and counting ... Ugh
    No maintenance done by the dev and it is so easy! :(

2. rstvn

rstvn New Member

May 16, 2014
    Finished! Haha..
    I'm going to replay some level to unlock the star.

3. dfets

dfets Active Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Sorcerer
    Jakarta - Indonesia
    Hi folks...
    Thank you for all your feedbacks... It meant a lot to us. We have stacked them up in our production queue.
    We will have an update soon, which means more levels are coming your way. Stay tuned! :)

4. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Thanks for removing the hackers, dfets!

The further I get in the game, the shorter the periods that I can play it, due to the limited number of moves (300). When hitting 0 moves left, I'm forced to wait 40 minutes or spend 99 cents to get back to 300 (everytime!). The later levels require more moves, especially because you need to experiment to find a solution. You only get 25 moves for every level solved and that is only if you solve it with three stars. Else it is only 10 moves. So I'm burning through my moves. My last session wasn't even 5 minutes :(

I already spend 99 cents to remove the ads, which I consider a fair price for this game. I'm obviously not going to spend 99 cents on moves as if they were consumables. I might have considered spending another 99 cents on an unlimited moves IAP but that simply isn't available.

I found the solution! Play the game 5 minutes a day. If I'm lucky that is a couple of levels. Yeah, right. Sorry, dfets, this is a bad game model. I'm not a happy customer.

5. dfets

dfets Active Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Sorcerer
    Jakarta - Indonesia
    #25 dfets, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    Hi saosijs...
    Thank you for your time to write the critics, greatly appreciated. We are truly sorry for the inconvenient, we are fixing this matter in the next update.

To everyone else, Happy Failentine!
    [​IMG]

6. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    What is really new :)
    - "Full" moves means now you have a timed limit of 400 moves to play (was 300)
    - the replenish timer is now 15 minutes for 100 moves (was 60 minutes for 300 moves)
    - 80 bonus moves for starring a level and 30 for plain solving (was 25 and 10)
    - new chapter "episodes" with 30 levels (all already unlocked; starts on the easy side)
    - new leaderboard for "episodes" chapter

A considerable improvement here is the increase in bonus moves for starring/solving a level. The main crippling principle didn't change though. And the game continues to generate confusion with the use of the word "full" (where full means limited to 400). So what more is still the same?

Still the same :(
    - no explanation that you can move a row at a time and that long blocks can be moved side ways
    - your best move count is only shown after finishing a level
    - improving a level that you already starred does not give bonus moves
    - no optimal solution given (the number of moves to "star" a level is quite arbritary)
    - no IAP for unlimited moves
    - social sharing shenanigans (get moves for sharing)
    - no achievements
    - button "get moves for free by watching a video ad" even when bought "ad remover"
    I discovered this last point by chance as the "watch video ad" only shows after you used some Facebook button.

Overall? I guess for new players the tuning to the monetization model is helpful, but my situation is that I am currently playing the game to improve levels, not giving me (m)any bonus moves, so I am still restricted from playing the game by the "full" moves limitation. And watching video ads to be able to play while I have bought the "ad remover" is ridiculous. So I'm still not a happy camper :(

7. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Love: the puzzles (note: level difficulty is random)
    Hate: the timers (I paid for No Ads, still forced to watch video ads to earn moves)
    Like: being number one on the leaderboard (last time I checked) :cool:

P.S. Please remove the hackers from the leaderboard

8. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Congrats Saosijs, I didn't had the patience.

9. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Nice update! Thanks for that, dfets!

No more limited moves or timers, lots of new puzzles (although I swear that some I have seen before) and some new features like back and forward buttons to quickly walk through the levels and show your best score (used to be only when you finished a level). I hope to see all these goodies in any new games too (from day 1 :D)

10. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Hi dfets, Intense 72 is impossible to finish for me. The two purple blocks do not move as they are linked together in their movement (and that way there is no space for them to move). It seems that not all players have this problem, because there are a couple of players with a really higher score than my total score on Intense. My device is an iPad mini 2 with iOS 8. Could you look into that? Thanks! For the rest, I'm more than happy with the game. Really addicted to sliding these blocks ... Maybe a total score for the complete game?

11. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Intense 72 now ok! Thanks for that!

12. kra096

kra096 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Student
    Brazil
    I'm still in time for the challenge?

Magnet 2 level 7 is impossible to get the star.

13. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    And the hacker needs to be removed from the leaderboards :)

14. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    PROGRESS WILL BE LOST??? :confused: :eek: :( :mad:
    This is a nightmare for any gamer to be told ...

It's good to see more content of course! But why not just add the new levels?
    Or keep the old chapters/levels in a separate bonus area or something like that, "hidden", so that the app still can look new and fresh (if that is the objective).

Also, what exactly will happen with the current leaderboards where me and other people spent hours, days, even weeks on?

Attached Files:

15. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I really don't understand this update. Slide the Block was a good game, good implementation with respect to leaderboards, navigation between levels and had 450 levels total.
    The update basically replaces all that with a new game "Block Buddies" that has no leaderboards anymore, no navigation arrows between levels, and, worse of all, all 450 levels are gone and replaced by only(!) 160 "new" levels that are quite simple (well, I'm halfway). And what is weird, is that before the update, it was possible to move rows of single blocks together, and now this is not possible anymore. Why change the mechanic?

I have no idea what is the reasoning behind this update, I cannot imagine how anybody who owns this game could appreciate this. The dev needs to withdraw this update as soon as possible.