iPad Slide Puzzles

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schplurg, Apr 21, 2009.

1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Since about 20 of these things have been released today I became curious as to whether or not anybody has tried these.

My first thought was that if they put maybe 5 or 10 of these into one game rather than trying to sell a buttload of single puzzles at a buck each, they might actually sell some. But maybe they do sell...? Anyone?

Is this actually considered a game? there's no score or timer. I guess you could say it is.

a link to one of them

2. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Haha, I know exactly what you're talking about. I searched for the developer in the App Store, and they have pages and pages of worthless stuff, so I just blocked them in AppSniper.

As for these slide puzzles... I don't personally care for them, but they seem to be ubiquitous on this platform. Making individual ones for single images seems... wasteful.

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    They need to be combined into a slide puzzle pack... Wtf were they thinking making each a separate app?

4. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

Are you talking about puzzles like "fifteen"? If so ... I took it off a couple of months ago ... but not because I didn't like .... but only because there were only so many apps you can have (9 pages) .... but may put it back some day.

5. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    They are thinking and hoping people are dumb enough to think ooh that looks like a nice puzzle and buy it, only then to realize its just one simple puzzle. Its basically almost a scam is what it is. The guy has prob over a 100 of these things.

These puzzle type games are frequent on the app store cause they are easy to create.

Some devs just try cheap tricks like this to make a buck, look at the other iDracula game for instance and his other apps lol.

6. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  7. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

why dont people invest $1 on a real slide puzzle? >:l (i dont care for em tho)

8. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

All DS effects games suck (i wouldnt get all their games for $1), just sayin it and strait up puttin it out there >:l

9. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Haha, well then you'd be potentially carrying around an iPhone AND a physical slide puzzle. People with small pockets would probably prefer to have their phone and nifty slide puzzle merged into one item.

10. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

ah, well yes >:l

11. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    lol ds effects is a joke

goes to show you people dont read reviews though, cause cant imagine anyone buying it after reading those reviews...

If you want a good laugh check some of those reviews out lol.

12. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I'm really getting tired of all these release. I just checked appsniper and 20 more of these are coming

13. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Ah, bless the wonderful ban feature :)

14. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Only 98/140 are 1 star.. are the rest trying to be nice or what? :)

15. Ren

Ren Active Member

Mar 30, 2009
    what annoys me the most is that these "games" take up precious que space from more quality apps, which indirectly lengthens the approval process.

16. grid

grid Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    iPhone Game Dev
    Minneapolis, MN
    I agree. This is disturbing. There is so much crap in the app store!

17. burrows

burrows Active Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Canada
    This is awful .. A single image slide game ?? I would really be interested to know if someone even tries to put up a review for this game on the app store!

18. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Apple! Stop accepting these! There is absolutely no need for 379 ghetto *ss "slide-puzzles to keep cluttering the frickin App Store! :mad:

19. If anyone is interested in a 15 tile slide puzzle game, I've got a free one on the store called [app]Upsi Slider Lite[/app].

It has 8 or so pictures, in sizes of 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5, and tracks fewest moves and fastest time for each.

No ads or anything, although there is a link on the menu screen to my other games.

Oh, and I full agree with the sentiment of the thread, having so many of these puzzle apps is a joke. Them and iDonkeyKong have left me feeling glum today.

20. bit_Jon

bit_Jon Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    YES! I noticed these earlier and my fist thought when seeing the entire first page of new puzzle releases was. "Man I'm glad I didn't have an App come out today or I would be Pissed." Apple really shouldn't have let this happen...:(:mad: