Slice & Splice (Innovative shape cutting puzzler)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hazuki-san, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Hazuki-san

Hazuki-san Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Reno, NV
    #1 Hazuki-san, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    SLICE & SPLICE (NEW PUZZLE/BRAIN TRAINING GAME)​

Hello everyone,

I am proud to finally showcase my latest puzzle creation, Slice & Splice. It is a very addicting game that revolves around cutting up (slicing) various geometric shapes on the bottom of the screen, and then assembling (splicing) pieces together into a silhouette of a shape on the top. Fans of Tangram and Pentaminoes puzzlers should definitely check this out. The game has a very gradual and fun learning curve and should be accessible to players of all ages. It also provides pleasing mental workout. The game should be out in a couple of weeks (first half of July, 2012) and will feature:

• 144 puzzles and more on a way
    • Game Center integration
    • Retina graphics
    • Fun statistics (ranking, number of retries, etc)
    • Helpful hint system
    • Ability to play your own music

Here are some shots of the game in action!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hazuki-san

Sep 22, 2009
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Reno, NV
    Game Impressions

As always, I'd love to hear everyone's impressions and suggestions. Here's a short list of some of the exciting features that will be coming in near future:

• In-game level editor
    • Level packs geared toward younger players
    • New game play features!

3. Hobbsicle

Hobbsicle Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I'm always in for a good puzzler. This looks really nice. I look forward to playing it.

4. Hazuki-san

Sep 22, 2009
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Reno, NV
    Thank you for the kind words. I had a lot of fun working on Slice & Splice and the game still manages to give my brain a fun workout, even though I solved all stages many times now :) It has a substantial amount of depth to it, compared to similar puzzlers on a market. I really look forward to bringing more exciting features in a future.

5. kflm23r

kflm23r Member

Jun 27, 2012
    this looks really interesting & i'm definitely looking forward to trying this out. i hope you've prepared some extra challenging levels for puzzle junkies!

6. Hazuki-san

Sep 22, 2009
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Reno, NV
    Yes, the extra challenging stages are in 'Hardboiled' pack and some take as many as 3 cuts to solve. It will take many hours from completing them all.

7. Vurez

Vurez Member

Jun 3, 2012
    I'm liking the idea for this! Looking forward to playing it.

8. terrific day

terrific day New Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Love such games, especially when it gets more and more difficult. I'll download it when it's out)))

9. Hazuki-san

Sep 22, 2009
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Reno, NV

I really appreciate such comments :). I believe the game has enough levels to provide plenty of challenges for everyone. I've tried to keep the difficulty level accessible to players of all ages. Puzzle game enthusiasts, like myself, who find Tangram puzzles a little too easy will definitely appreciate the Slice & Splice's extra level of depth due to a slicing mechanic. Novice players can also take advantage of game's nice hint system for some tougher puzzles. By the way, your final score for completing any puzzle is based only on the number of retries, so there is no penalty for using hints!

10. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    I like the look of this! The only downside may be difficulty in cutting the exact angle.. Will the cutting be free hands or does it have pre set angles you can cut? When will ot be released? I'll definitely be picking it up!

11. Oktagon Games

Oktagon Games Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Game Developer
    Brazil
    Looks like a pretty solid game! Looking forward to see more of the 'hardboiled' version. :)

12. Hazuki-san

Sep 22, 2009
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Reno, NV
    All cuts can be done horizontally, vertically, or diagonally at 45 degrees. Those are the only available directions so you won't have to worry about precision. Just focus of figuring out where to place the cuts :) I am putting together the last set of screenshots and going to submit the game tonight or tomorrow. I appreciate your interest.

13. Hazuki-san

Sep 22, 2009
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Reno, NV
    Slice & Splice has been submitted

Just letting everyone know that the game should be out in about a week. ;)

14. Hazuki-san

Sep 22, 2009
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Reno, NV
    Just been released!

Update:

Slice & Splice has just been approved by Apple and is available for download worldwide. Sorry for the delay, everyone. Apple must be pretty busy with app reviews. Enjoy!

15. Hazuki-san

Sep 22, 2009
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Reno, NV
    Promo Code Giveaway

Just letting everyone know, I started a new thread for Slice & Splice in the Available iPhone/iPod Touch games forum and there is a fun "Guess the Movie" contest for promo codes!