Universal Sleepy Mouse (By Dan Norris)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SleepyMousegame, Aug 9, 2016.

1. SleepyMousegame

SleepyMousegame Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2016
    French Polisher
    London, UK
    Video posts

Thanks for letting me know! I'll take a look tonight!

2. SleepyMousegame

Jul 14, 2016
    French Polisher
    London, UK
    Feedback

Thanks for your message. I posted the thread to my Facebook and Twitter followers, a few newbies may have come through that way but I don't recognise the names.
    Really appreciate all feedback. Thanks for taking the time to check out Sleepy Mouse. It's my first game and fully appreciate edits will need to be made to improve future versions so any thoughts gratefully received.
    Thanks again!

3. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    #23 Cowboy.Henk, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Score to beat on the cheese board now is 102,000. Who's next? Still waiting for the usual suspects... ;)

4. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    #24 Cowboy.Henk, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    All in all congrats on such a great game.

Some suggestions:
    -When showing the results after completing a level, could you show the level number and current hiscore?
    -Mostly gameplay is smooth. Yet, sometimes the cheese incidentally launches while I am still aiming, apparently my finger reaches the edge of the screen or something like that. A little frustrating at times.
    -Sometimes when aiming the target goes out of screen.
    -achievements?
    -would be great to have a replay option of my best solution on each level that is automatically saved.

5. SleepyMousegame

Jul 14, 2016
    French Polisher
    London, UK
    Congratulations!

Wow! Congratulations on topping the cheeseboard!!! ######### That'll keep the hangry at bay!

Great feedback and recommendations too, thanks so much for that. I'll be sure to work this into the next version.

Do you know what's happening with Game Center achievements? I'd heard they were going which is why I didn't include in the first version but not sure that's the case...

Thanks again cheese master CowboyHenk!

6. SleepyMousegame

Jul 14, 2016
    French Polisher
    London, UK
    Second stage locked...

Hi TouchSlide
    Just a few thoughts after looking into this for you... did you press 'next' after finishing the last level of stage one? Or did you quit the app or go to the levels menu at all? Have you tried skipping the final level of stage one to see if it'll let you in?
    I can't currently recreate the problem to fully understand why it's happened, but would really like to work with you to figure it out and make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Thanks!!

7. Leonymous

Leonymous New Member

Aug 10, 2016
    How??

I've gone through every level and can not figure out how to improve my score. How are they doing this?? Unless the other player records his games then I can't figure out how I find out which levels they are achieving more points than me. This is killing me! I thought I was the king of Sleepy Mouse and fully intended to brag about it for years to come. Then, in 2 minutes, someone swipes an extra 200 points and, 24 hours later...I'm in third!! I'm genuinely upset now.
    Next version you have to let us know which levels our competitors are getting the extra points! At least then I'll know where to concentrate my fire!
    The battle continues.

8. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Apparently you need to complete the whole game before you show up on the cheeseboards? What's that about? :confused:

9. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Hi Dan,

Good job on pruning this dude from the cheeseboard, he would certainly steal first place. Lol

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Downloading This.

11. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    #31 Cowboy.Henk, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Thanks!!!

Don't know about Game Center rumors. Some more suggestions:
    - the introductory text goes pretty fast. Perhaps touch confirmation?
    - automatically unlock next lvl after successful completion without having to click next. Now when I reset after completing, the next level is still locked...
    - what about the wooden boards? Sometimes you need 2 bounces to remove them, sometimes only one. Is there a logic?
    - the level scores on the levels menu are in small font. Hard to read on iPhone 5. Especially with yellow background. I realize I am getting old ;)

12. SleepyMousegame

Jul 14, 2016
    French Polisher
    London, UK
    Game Center leaderboard (aka...cheeseboard)

Hmmm...curious...should be showing on Game Center leaderboard before completing...let me know if it's still a problem. :confused:

13. SleepyMousegame

Jul 14, 2016
    French Polisher
    London, UK
    Feedback

Great, thanks so much for taking the time to provide extra feedback. Really appreciate it!
    Difference in bounce numbers to break boards was meant as part of the exploration of the game but could easily colour differently to make the difference more apparent.
    Getting old...? No such thing...all the best cheese is slow matured ;)

14. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    All good now, is a false alert. Forced restart of the game resolved it :)

Positive criticism:
    - The thrust control and visual indication could be better, as mentioned (see other games like Trick shot, Infinity Golf, ...)
    - The first touch doesn't always register somehow. could simply be that I need to wait until the level opening animation is finished, but apparently I have no patience (I'm getting old so my time is short LOL :D)

15. SleepyMousegame

Jul 14, 2016
    French Polisher
    London, UK
    Thrust control & first touch

Awesome. Glad you got it going again!
    Huge thanks also for the feedback, I'll be sure to work on this for the next version.
    Looks like you're in 5th position on the leaderboard ...thanks for a good cheese feast! :D

16. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Thanks!
    And good to see you as the developer participate here!

I have 2 feature requests:
    - show the current high-score inside the level, and when finishing the level (especially when not improving the score)
    - Leaderboards per world

My goal is 3 times a score of 33000 :D

17. SleepyMousegame

Jul 14, 2016
    French Polisher
    London, UK
    3 x 33000!

Brilliant - love it!!

Thanks for the additional feedback...logging it all so that I've got it all listed before starting work on version 1.1! Expecting another review over the weekend so will feed in any learnings from that too...eeekk!

Huge thanks for all the support and feedback. It really is enormously appreciated!

18. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Goal achieved. 99000 and third. Did I pass the complainer here on the leaderboard? :D
    Maybe 100000 is a next goal, but I don't think I'm going after Cowboy (this time). 4000 points difference with him ... That's half of the levels that need an extra bounce ...

19. SleepyMousegame

Jul 14, 2016
    French Polisher
    London, UK
    #39 SleepyMousegame, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    New cheese!

Great work! Looks like you're in 2nd place with 102,500! I thought I was having some good cheesey dreams last night! You sure you're not after that top spot??? Game on! :D
    Would also love to see some of those cheese rolling skills in action- if you're on Twitterhttp://www.twitter.com/SleepyMousegame or Facebook http://www.facebook.com/SleepyMousegamewould be great to connect and see some gameplay!

20. SleepyMousegame

Jul 14, 2016
    French Polisher
    London, UK
    Show me your moves!

Ditto Cowboy.Henk would love to see your gameplay if you fancy connecting on Twitter or Facebook? @sleepymousegame