Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Come on now, it's touch arcade every week there is a game around here the forums are declaring best game ever!

2. Raph3Arts

Raph3Arts Well-Known Member

Just happened to me too! That's sad, was about to get the mage..! :(

3. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    I like the game but I can NOT forgive the no save system.

Games that keep me coming back are games in which I can continuosly upgrade my character in a quest to max out their attributes / items.

To start from scratch eliminates that aspect of coming back to build on my game progress.

Also there is no where in the game description anything that lets the player know that there is no saving of progression. I just checked the front page and the itunes description.

I am not complaining, the game is a solid title just not for me with the current save system.

4. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    #164 TheEvilRobot, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013

To make things even worse, I didn't see any "restore purchase" option anywhere so I might not buy any of the iaps because if I do and I have to delete the app for some reason, that means it won't save and we'll have to buy them over again.

Still a fun game, though.

5. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    #165 oldgamer dude, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    Says right in the description "But there's a catch: once you die, you're gone for good!"

Was pretty clear to me.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Too bad the current system doesnt work for you. Even if there was a save system, everytime you hit game over, you have to start a new game.

Have you played the hardcore roguelikes like Nethack and Angband before?

These types of games have heavy RPG elements, but the whole point in the game is to get High Scores. Slayin does not have that much roleplaying in it than these roguelikes though.

Slayin's gameplay is a bit more arcade-like, which is generally more frantic and platformy than it is strategic, but it isnt all that either.

Slayin... Is more of the best of these worlds that was designed to be a great pick-up-and-play mobile title. It's got the arcadey action and a frantic but still fun pace, while having RPG mechanics in it through levelling up, items, equips, and everything boils down to getting as high a score as you can muster.

FDG improved this formula by putting in something similar to mobile gaming's notorious coin+upgrade system, but instead of making them an upgrade system, they added in things unlockable, but not affecting the score system, from having 3 distinct characters, GUI skins, and a few more stuff on the table.... All in all still making the gameplay balanced as it should.

FDG also added in a way to flaunt your High Score in style by giving you a way to customize a grave which features your high score... which your GC friends will be able to see in their game.

7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Fdg - PLEASE read this

You HAVE to do something about the sound stealing focus. I turned the sound off and I have to hack my way around forcing the music to play. Then every level up, it turns my music off. Ridiculous fishing has the same issue and I've not played it in weeks because I play while listening to music/podcasts.

Please please please please fix this?

8. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Thank you all for your kind feedback :)

Thanks for letting us know, we will look into this asap.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Silly, but curious question...is Slayin a play on the word slain or is it basically Slayin' (that is...Slaying. Minus the apostrophe in Slayin'). :p

10. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    This looks great but the controls taking up 50% of the screen worries me.

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yes I believe it was 500, at least in my case, but it was awarded when I returned to the app, then disappeared as soon as I went to the tavern. Definitely seems to be a bug.

12. pheraph

pheraph Active Member

Dec 24, 2010
    I just wanted to write the same point. There are quite a lot games outside that don't get the "Sound off"-setting right. I hope for a quick fix.

13. planckboy

planckboy Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Ha ha ha you slay me metalcasket! :D

All I am slayin is your a funny dude...

Here all week...

planck

14. thezman

thezman Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Question: Does this game have widescreen?Thanks.

15. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    i just checked this on different devices and sadly can confirm this bug. you are granted the 500 FP but they are not saved, so you loose them once you change screen.
    We are allready looking into it. One possible way to compensate, would be to give everyone 500 free fame points with the next update. I need to talk to the devs if this is possible but i hope so :D

16. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    yes it has!

17. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

WoOT?! #5 Paid Apps Overall! Thank you so much @everyone who downloaded this game. We love you! :) :D:)

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    :) *hugs the guys at FDG*

19. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    You are very welcome:) Thank you for such a cool game :)

Can you guys add a "restore purchase" option? Because I was thinking about buying an iap, but if for some reason I have to delete the app and reinstall it then i would lose the iap because there is no "Restore purchase" option.

At least I didn't see a restore purchase option.

20. yvcgamer

yvcgamer Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    This might be a stupid question, but can you use the dragon scale only once after buying it or can you use it every game without having to pay fame every time?