Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Love the insta update. Show off your tombstones!

2. Bowflexman

Bowflexman Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    Wow this game is incredibly addictive. What are chances a co-op mode will be added in the future. Additional classes? It's already clear this game is going to be well supported. Buy this now.

3. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Wow. I played the flash version of this to just get a quick feel of the game and must say I am very impressed. Give it a shot if you're on the fence - after 10 minutes I decided I had to have this game in my pocket. The game upon first glance looks very unassuming and you wouldn't quite imagine it to pull you in like it does. The game is only 16.6 MB installed, so there isn't any reason why this will not be on my 4S for a long time.

4. Mithel

Mithel Active Member

May 9, 2012
    Any ideas on how to kill The Minotaur in under 30 seconds? Landing a single hit takes longer than that.

5. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    On a gameplay vido, it showed the player jumping over the minotaur, then hitting it once or twice every time it crashed into the wall - killed him in under 30 seconds.

6. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    After playing the flash version I'm buying it. Simple concept but well done.

7. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Wow, that's huge. I wasn't going to get the game because, just watching the video, the random pauses at every level-up were so annoying.

8. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    7 out of 10? Don't they realize the game cost a dollar? . . . Seriously, I'm not getting my work done because I'm playing this. (I unlocked Knave, and now I can't quit :D ).

It's amazing how quickly they fixed the controller skins. . . . For anybody on the fence: Buy this if you like video games and have a dollar.

9. mutantchameleon

Mar 15, 2013
    I love this game! One thing I don't understand though is, I bought the dragons scale which is supposed to let you continue after you die, but I don't know how to use it!? Someone give me a heads up if they know so I can get further with this game thanks

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #130 undeadcow, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    I atttained the minotaur quest by just attacking him without missing.
    Be careful to run to the other side after attack, jump, over him, then immediately land a blow and it should be attainable. It might be important to immediately attack him as soon as it's possible by being at the destined side when he hits the wall. Like you I thought just attacking him would take some time but the quest got knocked out in "under 30 seconds."

Getting 2 hits on the
    Imp
    before he firest a shot on the other hand is a mystery to me...

11. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    #131 m44, Apr 4, 2013
    You need 2 red dots to use it. (They usually come out of treasure chest).

----------////////----------

I meant to ask in my last post: Any chance of supporting iCade? (That would take Slayin over the top, epecially for iPad owners ;) )

12. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Really like how the controls are out of the game field. I wish more games did this, I don't really care to see "more" if its covered by my thumbs anyway. Only other game I can think of like this is Pix 'n Rush.

13. charlenelam

charlenelam New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Admin
    England via Hong Kong
    I am just adoring this game. Liking it similarly as Nimble Quest, if not, even more.

Love the progression. Suoer adorable art. Bosses are fun and simple, controls work fine. There's just something I can't put my finger on about it that just works. Sign of a great game I guess.

Going to be a big, one more go game for me.

14. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    lol well dang, this looks pretty cool

15. AIvin

AIvin Active Member

Sep 6, 2012
    what I did was attack it once when it was on one side of the screen, then move back and forth on the same side, so if it appeared on that side again I could attack it. might take a couple tries

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #136 undeadcow, Apr 4, 2013
    Thank you, I just got the sucker and his accursed two hit before strike quest with that strategy.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    GotW.

My.
    Pick.
    Is.
    Slayin.

Just sayin.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Definately at least second place for me, but still leaning toward Badland.

Both are great games.

19. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    #139 oldgamer dude, Apr 4, 2013
    Slayin has some stayin power :) it keeps me playin and prayin . Just sayin too .

I also like this better than nimblequest , I think the progression is faster . GOTW for me because its the only game I've picked up ;) I love the pixel peeps and also the fact the characters play so differently .

You're the diet coke of evil , one calorie not evil enough .

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah..i was between Badland and Slayin for my GotW, but Slayin is preventin me from playing Badland for the most part.