Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Thanks everyone, I'm very happy to hear you're enjoying the game! :)

Please download the new update 1.1. It's just been released!

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I love you guys. I mean that with all sincerity. I'd go as far as calling a select few members here "family", so please don't take the following comment offensively.

What's with everyone and their problem with controls today? Seriously? Yes, Slayin's buttons on iPad are ridiculously large and placed in the most silly spot in the history of gaming, but did anyone even try to put their fingers anywhere else on screen? You can basically put your right thumb near the bottom right corner and play the game flawlessly! Sheesh...come on guys!

3. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Yes, very happy that everyone likes the game :D

Also concerning the game skins:

update 1.1 fixes this problem. Gameskins should work now. Also, now you can change game skins in the shop aswell, so no more searching in the menues ;)

And since some people were afraid of grinding for famepoints, i would like to explain the famepoint scoring system a bit more:

The scoring is based on your progress and thus skill. So for example, reaching level 60 once will give you much more famepoints then reaching level 20 three times in a row. In theory you can unlock the knave in about 25 minutes with one good run.

Btw. anyone beaten the dragon yet? :D

4. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Yeah, great game, took me by surprise.

But I have to ask, any plans to improve the controls on the iPad? If you make a game universal, at least make it playable on a big device instead of just scaling the interface. Thanks!

5. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I don't know, the A button in Sega Genesis controller is a worthy competitor for that place in history.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Controls are a big thing to me obviously. The game definitely is playable, and i have invested a bit of time on this game already. Unfortunately, the directional buttons placement makes me fumble a few times more than i expected.

I dont think it's evil to point out nitpicks on a near perfect game... In fact, i gave it 5-stars on the PH appstore earlier, but that doesnt mean it cant have a bit of improvement. :)

7. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    I am very sorry some people are having problems with the controls.

But as someone allready pointed out, the buttons have a very big triggering zone. So you dont need to hit the exact position of the button but can also use a wide area around it, especially for the jump button you can nearly use the complete right half of the controller area.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Would like an option to turn off the auto running, not a huge problem but would like to play that way if possible.

9. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    You guys should know that making a game Universal makes us expect decentlsh controls on the iPad.

The 'right' directional button placement makes the game unplayable for me in the iPad.

When making a game universal, you don't simply upscale the buttons or there will be trouble for the big screen devices, you should know better. For example, I bought Miss Claire Garden which is not universal, tried on my iPad and wasn't bothered the buttons are terribly placed in the tablet, but I bought it for my phone and its NOT an Universal game so I expected it would be horrible on the big screen.

Anyway, just pointing it out, the game is perfect for my iPhone but there was a time I only had an iPad and I'd have asked for a refund if I had bought it by then.

10. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Hey Korbinian, just out of curiosity, how many bosses are there?

11. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Just wanted to say that I love this game! Was unsure at first when I heard it wasn't a scroller-type game like I thought it would be, but it turned out great.
    And IAP really isn't a problem, you earn fame points quite fast as the dev already stated, you just need a little skill ;)

12. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I guess it's part of the challenge... If you were able to stop, it would be way easier to defeat the worm boss, for example.

13. LegACy99

LegACy99 Active Member

Dec 3, 2012
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE GAME!!

Holy crap, I'm already interested in the game when I saw the screenshot. Then I was smitten by the intro, and finally fell in love when I started playing it(Auto running + Spellsword = win). Then I fell in love even harder when I see the scanline option on the setting menu. And when I thought that's all, I found out that you can apply a skin to the controller 0.o

To be honest, lately I've been burned by my game purchases, Liberation Maiden is so short, I didn't like Ridiculous Fishing, etc etc. I'm really glad that this purchases didn't disappoint me at all =)

Speaking of which, is this the same developer who made Roar Rampage?

14. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    #114 Bloko, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    Both are published by FDG, but I don't think they are the same developers.

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Loving the game, and that has to be one of the fastest updates ever,
    No sooner did I say the skins were not working a few hours later there's an update and its fixed :D
    Keep getting a little bit further each time I play, it's great.

16. SyKot

SyKot Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
  17. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just in case anyone's wondering this runs great on iPod touch 4G, I think it might actually suit the smaller screen better than on the ipad as It looks more like a handheld game on iPod.

18. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Awesome, thanks!

19. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
  20. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Heavy contender for GOTW...