Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Just wanted to confirm that the controller skins are not working for me either.

2. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    My first impressions are really good. :) I'm having a lot of fun with this so far. The game almost feels like a modern version of the old handhelds. . .

[​IMG]

3. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Looks like this will be a lot of fun and I like their ad for it

"Silly boy from the past! In the future there are no buttons, only....screens"

But really just buying it cuz the icon looks like an old game cartridge.

4. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013

Ha ha just noticed that , looks like a sega genesis cart . Very cool .

My only buy this week also .

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Pretty much the only flaw here. I was under the impression they were moveable... They arent.

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Are you getting this confused with Heavy Sword, I thought you asked that very question in the heavy sword upcoming thread.

7. C. Stubb

C. Stubb Active Member

Mar 10, 2013
    ...Living.
    On Earth.
    #67 C. Stubb, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    Heck yeah! "Fastar!" (Fight angry squares; action RPG) remains one of my favorite indie mobile games due to its simplicity and originality. It's really a shame that Cat in a Box Games is no more, 'cause I still have their amazing RTS "Red Conquest" on my device, for which the highly-anticipated Episode 3 was never released.

Anyways, if this game turns out to be as good as Fastar!, then I will be happy.

8. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    I FURCKIN mashed the buy button Bros. hope u guys feel the same.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh crap. You got me... I think. Oh well, i hope this gets an improved controls option.

10. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I thought this was heavy sword when I first saw the thread :D

11. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Saw this and immediately thought of Fastar. Great game for its time and it is still really enjoyable. If this plays as well as that did, it'll certainly be a solid title. I'll stick around a bit to see some impressions, first!

12. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I don't say this often....

THIS GAME ROCKS MY SOCKS!

Buy it. Sure it might go free, don't care. It's fun, more fun I found than Spell Sword, and just cute, kitschy and fun :)

M44 - I totally remember that batman game!! I had my fair share of those tiger games. They all sucked, but they were the best at the time ;)

Anyway. This game is really great. The controls are far from perfect, but they are MORE than good enough for the incredibly awesome game.

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't easily give out glowing recommendations.

13. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Are none of the controller skins working, or is it just the 70's skin?

14. CloudiestNights

Feb 2, 2013
    Pretty tough little game, but VERY addicting. IAPs worry me a tad, but don't seem too intrusive.

15. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    #75 Psykikgmr, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    How are the IAP? They're not like the really lame bag of gems IAP is it? If so, I'll just wait until this game is free. Not paying for another premium game designed as a freemium game anymore.

Hopefully the IAP is not like that, games like The Other Brothers & Badland are the ones worth supporting, not freemium games dressed in a premium price tag at launch

16. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    This game is beautiful, addicting and makes me smile. Also, I love the sound it makes when your armor breaks.

17. Pannthamann

Pannthamann Member

Apr 16, 2012
    This game is fun and addicting. Controls are very fluid and well responding. Worth the buck for sure!

18. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    :) Heck yeah! I totally agree with your glowing recommendation. This is a very good buy for a dollar.

I have a couple of this developers games like Clear Vision 2, and I really don't think IAP will be needed at all. . . Personally I earned the 3,000 FP for the wizard in about an hour (just learning the game). You get plenty from completing missions, and making big combos etc.

Great music too. :D Game of the week material for sure!

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Clear Vision 1&2, Capt Antarctica, Blueprint3D and Banana Kong are my picks out of FDG's library, and Slayin is an instant favorite.

20. planckboy

planckboy Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Best game for a while... This is straight to the pool room for me, I will be happily playing this a whole lot! And can I say - Best game advertisement since 1993.... All screeeeens! Ha ha ha - love what your doing Pixel Lickers -

planck