Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Nope. It plays so well on my iPod that I haven't bothered trying it on my iPad.

2. Inane311

Inane311 New Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Just finished beating dragon with ninja on a scaleless run. I think ninja may be the strongest class now, if you can manage to load up the right items. Once u get the flame fox, you can pretty much just spam for a combo and survive most hoards. You just have to be careful about the flyers. I hit a 143k final score and #28 at time of completion.

All that being said, some of her quests are nearly impossible. 300 ninja bomb kills is incredibly difficult.

As for the other new guys, tamer is fun and i expect i can go pretty far with him. the bola is unfortunately too difficult to use when flying pots are around, but the net upgrade works just fine. while flyer mounts are good, they aren't worth the hassle.

And I have yet to figure out how people are doing well with the archer. Ince shooting turns you vulnerable mid dash, it's just too easy to die while trying to fire off a round at an aerial.

3. benuc184

benuc184 Member

Aug 14, 2011
    First of all I love the update, especially the ninja and the tamer. I'm not particularly fond of the archer for two reasons:
    1. You can either be invincible or shoot.
    2. You don't get arrows at the start. This angers me.
    I like the ninja, but can never even get to Peloria. What upgrades do you guys buy when you play her? Do you get shadow armor or double shuriken first?
    Also, for the tamer, some advice: get the bolas and tame a pink skulls. Their attacks are awesome.

4. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013

i buy the armor first.
    armor>armor>special shuriken

I managed to get to lvl 70 with it.
    but it's really hard to dodge the projectile of the boss

5. Chrissybaby

Chrissybaby Member

Jan 28, 2014
    I finally got the hang of the archer and made 8th on the leaderboard. Just buy the cheapest arrows then rush armor upgrades. I find sturdy arrow also okay to add in. However, the rest of the arrow upgrades are pretty terrible.

Archer requires good positioning and awareness to be successful with. And a lot of practice. Definitely needs some of his late upgrades adjusted/improved

6. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    This game requires a constant internet connection? Ugh. I was under the impression that it was a single player experience.

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Um, it doesn't. It is singleplayer

8. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Then explain to me why the game refused to load until I turned on Wi-Fi trying to see what was preventing the game from loading?

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hmmm. Peculiar. I don't have an answer. Let me do the same and see what happens

10. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Strange, the game just loaded fine for me when I was on airplane mode. Can you try again without wifi?

11. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    To me, flame arrow (Splash damage + kill zombies still underground), light arrow, triple shot, etc are all pretty awesome upgrades. I have more of a problem justifying the ninja's weapon upgrades. But to each his own

12. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Weird. Apparently, after loading the game once on Wi-Fi with Airplane mode turned off, I can suddenly load it with Airplane mode turned on.

13. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    What is the best item equip for Ninja?

is the thing that kills nearby enemy when you jump good?

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I thought that might happen, probs just a first time thing. Glad it's working for you now! :D

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Initially, i like the upgraded ninja stars. Easily clears out all flying enemies in one attack.

16. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I know that feel.

While you guys all talk about how you beat the game with all these new characters, I'm still trying to beat the game on a scaleless run with the mage >_>

17. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Relatively new to slayin, but what is your guys progression for purchases with the wizard. Think I'm blowing too much on food

18. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    Fireball then the Armors

19. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I would recommend the first flame spell, then the first lightning spell and then everything else on armor.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    i never put resources into healing early on.