Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    You need red orbs to buy some things

2. kuryushibo

kuryushibo Active Member

May 8, 2012
    #522 kuryushibo, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    Anyone know why I can't get the achievement for playing knight :(

Also I'm looking for the normal across age, did they remove it from App Store?

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Here's what's bothering me right now. Without using the Dragon Scales, I can only play through and defeat the dragon with the knight.

Sure i have completed it with the Witch and the Knave, but i had to use scales at least once.

That said, Knight is my favorite character despite the simplicity of his kit, but i really like the armor upgrade and armor enchantments.

I like the Witch a lot too because of her huge MOI, which is pretty strict in the Ninja's case.

My favorite characters in order: Knight>Witch>Ninja. I still have to unlock the Tamer (im currently sitting at 9.9k fame points, so a couple more runs and i can ride monsters :)).

4. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    The new characters are very complicated to use and their items are unlikely.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah, but the differences in each character's kit is what makes this game so fun to play.

Just need to get that "feel" for each of the characters to get good at them.

Sometimes, i wonder... Why do some games like this feel like i should be paying for an update like this?

6. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Congratulations! Well done!
    Yes, prices will be send out via pn on monday

Naturally you can have Across age 2 (non HD) instead of ocean horn if you prefer that. But this also means the contest for the Oceanhorn copy is still on!

The next one to beat my score and post proof here, wins Oceanhorn! :D

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'll take Roar Rampage for my valiant efforts...just kidding. Great contest :D

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So i've been playing with the Archer for about an hour to get a better feel of his mechanics and... im still failing. LOL.

My highest so far is reaching Peloria, but not being able to defeat her. I get careless shooting arrows and leaving myself vulnerable to damage.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just unlocked the Tamer. Pretty fun character. It's pretty difficult avoiding damage when trying to take a mount, but when he's on one, he's pretty cool. Ghosts are pretty strong when mounted. :D

But Imp is very annoying if you dont have a mount, or if your mount is a slime. o_O

10. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #530 Intendro, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    All right, thanks. :)
    What time will that be? (I have to go somewhere to download it.)
    I see you didn't specify an exact time of when the contest ends, just "Monday."

11. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    I'm a noob to this game so I just now unlocked the wizard lol I'm thinking of just paying $1.99 so I can unlock the Tamer.

12. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #532 chief78, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    I went ahead and gave this game full support by buying the big pack so I could post imps on each character.

So far, I'm liking Knave the most for farming coin (which once you buy the upgrade after the first boss, he really starts taking in coin). I also love the dual sword, keeps him out of a lot of trouble. He and knight are both the best in my opinion due to jump, but they branch out with knight getting armor and knave getting serious coinage upgrades.

Tamer is pretty sweet with the mount ability and I think he could be deadly for full runs once you get used to his mount. It's cool feeling like Mario on Yoshi....damn that brings some fond memories back (!)

Knight takes a tie for 1st, and almost tied with Ninja. I just didn't like Ninja's purchasable upgrade, at least the first one that drops a bomb below u. She's better firing off her 2ninja stars diagonally.

Wizard and archer both I really couldn't get into. Wizard especially has a huge disadvantage due to the delay after tornado. If they added a secondary function like ninja and allowed the Wizard to jump out of harm's way(or maybe fire a radial attack or something along those lines), maybe I'll try him/her again. Archer was just terrible. I didn't try any arrows so maybe that'll make a difference but he only seems good when dashing and seems to get beat down fast.

With all this said, I still can't get to the third boss. I get destroyed even if I make it towards the end of the stage, and knave came closest.

So that's my imps. I'll post more as I continue to play with each character and try to really work with each. Right now, Knave, Knight and Tamer are gonna get all the attention.

*** i looked at this whole game as a $7 purchase, which almost buys u all the characters and that's it. No extra for headstone upgrades, the custom controller plates, or anything else. So yeah, I have to agree things (characters especially) are too pricey. In the name of science, I have sacrificed! Lol - Devs, really though, drop the prices a bit and send some loving to all ur fans in a update with a cool 5k coinage "thank you" ;) ***

13. LousyHero

LousyHero Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Any plans to add icloud support? Or maybe it has already been added and i missed it. :p

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... took me 2 days of on and off playing to unlock all 3 of the new champs, the new GUI skins, and the new soundtrack. I average about 1000 fame each run (even getting 4000+ in a couple runs with my trusty knight).

The Witch has to be played passively due to 2 obvious reasons. First, her spells require a charge, and second, pressing the action renders her invincible for a very long time. She is one of the easiest characters to play if you aim to just get far into the game. Her main downside is maintaining combos. Charging spells will most likely make you lose that combo count unless you've upgraded the armor skill.

The Archer has the easiest time to maintain a running combo, which makes him a very high risk, high reward character to play. While maintaining a high combo, he gets his sustain from gold coins mainly, much like the Knave.

I love the Ninja's shadows together with the Horizontal ninja stars as on cast will clear ALL flying enemies in one direction with a couple button presses. On the downside, being vulnerable while dashing on the ground (which is unique to her) makes me lose more life than i should.

Tamer's a very fun character to play, but i dont feel like using him for serious scoring runs (but of course still have to do it some time :)).

15. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    There should be an instance where the Ninja is immune to damage.
    Cause even when dashing she can take damage and also not attacking.
    Maybe she should have her knife in front of her all the time and the button make her dash and jump up. And her Items from the shop are very useless i still prefer the original shurikens.

I find the Tamer annoying, Especially if you don't have a tamed monster during the boss fight.

The archer is like the wizard, During the attack it is immune to damage and can have a secondary attack using the arrow. But the window where you cannot attack is too long that makes you take a lot of damage.

16. ohfish

ohfish Member

Aug 28, 2013
    #536 ohfish, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    Ninja doesn't need invulnerability and I would compare her to the Knave in that it's all about maintaining a combo, killing everything fast, and grabbing coins to maintain health. She has a few very key items that make your life so much easier to get to level 80 like the single directional shuriken, fire fox, and triple lighting, and her final weapon is absolutely incredible.

The key to success in the game is knowing what to buy and when.

17. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    Knowing what to buy?

Then what to buy?

18. ohfish

ohfish Member

Aug 28, 2013
    For ninja I buy the first shadow at level 11. Single directional shuriken as soon as I can. Second shadow as soon after that. Fire fox just before level 70. And then the three lighting shuriken. Followed by the third shadow and the final weapon.
    I'm currently #5 with the Ninja.

19. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    Can't argue with that.

Thanks!

20. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Is there leader boards for all classes?