Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm really disappointed with the Archer, his skill set is more risk than reward. I regret putting all those points into unlocking that character.

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #502 Intendro, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    You can shoot an arrow any time during the invincible dash or the cool down after the dash. Firing during the dash ends the dash and starts the cool down: That might be why you're getting hit.

When you finish all the quests, do you get to do them again, forever?

The unpause button is up in the middle of the gameplay area. Why not have an unpause button on the action button so your thumbs are in position to continue fighting immediately? :p

The game should have offline high scores listed for all my characters, not just the highest score. Why should I have to connect to the leaderboard to see my own scores? Game Center doesn't make sense. :(
    And what about my boss rush time? Can I see it offline?
    Please respond.
    *sigh* Game Center doesn't work offline, so I hate it when games only show scores in Game Center. Not to mention, some people don't even care to use Game Center, or so I heard. Our own scores should be visible to us, offline. It makes sense. :(

3. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #503 Intendro, Jan 24, 2014
    I won the contest!
    :D
    I already bought Oceanhorn, so I'd like to have second prize, Across Age 2 (not the HD version).
    I just remembered, some games have separate iPhone/iPad versions. Including Across Age 2. I don't have an iPad so I need the one that does not say "HD" at the end.

I killed the last boss and was thinking "I can't die now! Just a little more... Yes!!"

And then I had trouble getting the picture to upload. :eek:
    After uploading the picture from the Touch Arcade app the post message button wouldn't work, but I got it to work from the website.
    My name on the leaderboard is Intendro.

So can I have Across Age 2 (not the HD version) as my prize since I already own Oceanhorn? :)
    I guess you're sending me a private message with a gift code?

Attached Files:

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'll take ur copy of oceanhorn (;

5. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Nevermind, congrats intendro!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ahahaha! Congrats man!

7. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #507 Intendro, Jan 24, 2014
    Thanks. I feel kind of awesome at the moment. :cool:

I'm not trying to brag, of course. :p
    I know there's always someone better, so I expected someone might win fast. I figured I had to at least try. And I made it. :D

Now I just hope I can claim second prize (and not its HD version) since I already own first prize. :eek:
    I just remembered the thing where some games have a separate iPad version. :eek:
    Which, as I've just edited my posts to say, means I need to get the not HD version (I have no iPad). I'm sorry that means I'm repeating myself even more now, but they could see this post first and I don't want to get the wrong game. :eek:

8. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    #508 Jrec15, Jan 24, 2014
    I'm curious, can anyone who has gotten decently far on tamer clarify if anything comes after the bola? When i unlock something, the higher upgrades don't immediately show up like the other characters.

Also just wanted to throw out my opinion on the ninja. She is a ton of fun, and might start out the strongest of any of the characters. She is incredibly versatile, with a ground based dash, a somewhat invincible jump (on the way up), and a huge variety of weapons from the shop. Not to mention her shadow upgrades, which are awesome :) The only confusing part about her, to me, is that some of her weapon upgrades seem out of place (kind of like the mage's spells). I personally prefer the shurikens she starts with over the 80 gold flame scroll. Foxtail slash (i think that's what it's called), an expensive upgrade, also doesn't seem better than shurikens to me, or atleast not by much. I guess her weapon choice all comes down to preference. When there is so much variety in weapons, it is hard to clearly rank which is better so i get that.

9. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    #509 vii-Lucky, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    The contest ends on 27th so we can still beat you! LOL

EDIT: I didn't realize that the first one to beat wins!
    Congrats :D

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im really doing something wrong with the ninja. Couldnt get past level 25. LOL

11. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    I couldn't even get to pass level 20 with it.

Maybe because during the dash you are still prone to damage, which sucks :(

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    At the end of the dash is a window where you are invulnerable, but it's hard to time it.

13. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    My best is 59k with the ninja, died at worm boss. She is difficult to keep full control of and its hard not to take some hits. She seems like even more of a button masher for me, which is fine :), i double tap like crazy to keep her jumping. I personally think i like shuriken special as the best out of the starting three weapons, the horizontal shrunken lets you take out pretty much all of the air enemies with one attack which is nice.

14. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    Just unlocked the Archer and i'd say its way better than the Ninja.

Time to compete!

15. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Got 62k with my wizard :cool:

16. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The Wizard is definitely the easiest character, just beat the Dragon using it for the first time with a final score of 137k. He's great for grinding FP too.

17. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    New characters are so difficult.

I think there should be a second button for them?

18. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    At first I was disappointed and frustrated with the Ninja. And then it clicked and I started wreaking havoc with her. She does mega damage with two shadows up and shurikens if you get into a good groove. Stuff was just dying all across the screen! Coins everywhere!

But the Death Worm took me out. I think I just need to take my time with that boss or maybe buy a different weapon before I meet him.

Also, are there any plans to put the soundtrack on iTunes? It's incredible! I know it's on bandcamp but the new song isn't up there, and I really love it! Matt Creamer has this classic Konami vibe going which I dig a lot.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im enjoying the Ninja's mechanics more than the Archer's, but im honestly struggling with both classes as of now.

Only a few more runs and i should be able to afford the Tamer! :)

Having said that, it proves this game isnt too grindy at all to complete everything as long as you are having fun with the game. :)

20. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    When I play in advanced mode and start with 500 coins and try to buy something in the store (like a sword etc for the knight) it says I can't afford it when it costs 450 coins and I have 500...