Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Ok, last time I promise:
    - Is the game actually endless?
    - And how many bosses are there? Been playing the flash version, have fought the Minotaur and the Imp

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes, the game is endless, it says so on the description and it really is :) Is as you played on the flash version: 10 waves then a boss fight and repeat. I found 4 bosses so far so the are are probably a lot more... Finding this game very enjoyable and its another game I hesitated to buy the first time (Ending, 1001 Attempts, both outstanding and one if free right now ;))... its fantastic! Loving the rpg elements mixed with arena fighting. Superb.

3. Bronxsta

Yeah, Ending is great. If you like roguelikes, I'd recommend the dev's PC game Red Rogue. It's free

And thanks for the info.

4. TigerPrezX

TigerPrezX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Is there some trick to Boss Rush with the mage? It takes 2-3 minutes just to wait for the imp to show up on the lower level, and another 5 minutes or so to sit around and wait for the harpy to descend on you. I haven't made it past the spectral rider yet with the mage, but I can't even think of a way to hit the dragon without a projectile or a tall tornado.

5. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    It looks like there's a really cool update coming soon to Slayin' that has 3 new playable characters.

Very excited to see what it offers

6. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    yes, we are currently preparing update 2.0 for slayin:

[​IMG]

It will include 3 brand new and unique characters:
    Archer, Tamer and Ninja
    :D

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Is there a way to give a game 6-stars on the appstore? :D:D:D

Best of 2013, yo.

8. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Thanks! I hope everyone will enjoy the 3 new characters. It took some time to get the balance right but now they play awesome :D

If anyone has questions regarding the new chars, feel free to ask, i will answer them to my best knowledge.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Is there a possibility of a Sci Fi spinoff to Slayin? Something like Zappin or something :)

10. Bronxsta

Actually as a big sci-fi fan, I'd love this. Classes could be stuff like Hacker, Cyborg, Space Marine, Technomancer, etc.

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    And that image... that image... I want that... glad I listened to E-P and bought this awesome (one of the best of 2013 for sure) game :)

12. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    "Zappin" is actually a nice idea. We might consider this in the future :D

13. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    I can asure you the 3 new chars are worth the wait. We added some interesting mechanics to keep the game fresh once more.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Crossing fingers on this one! ;)

15. dwerny

dwerny Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Awesome news about the update. This had been on my purchase list for a while and I'll definitely pick it up now.

16. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    You wont be disapointed. The 3 new chars have very different gameplay each, so you get alot of replay value.

17. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Can you please give this multiplayer mode? Imagine playing with your friend in the same arena against monsters... Crazy

18. Bronxsta

So uh...finally picked this up. One reason I was hesitant was because I didn't like how the controls took up half the screen in the screenshots and I thought this would interfere with the game, especially on a smaller screen

However, it doesn't and the controls are perfect and don't interfere with anything. In fact, I actually like this, because my fingers aren't blocking any parts of the gameplay

Love the gameplay, twitchy and challenging but with depth and light RPG elements. Can't wait for the new characters (will they be DLC or free update?)
    ---
    And yes having played this, a sci-fi themed "Zappin" would be awesome.

19. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    very glad you like it :)

The new characters will be a free update, but need to be unlocked via famepoints like wizard and knave. It is advised to unlock them one after another, since the later characters are more for the experienced player. But unlocking all 6 chars from a fresh save takes me only about an afternoon so they are not that hard to get.
    And you can allways buy fame points if you want them right away.

20. Bronxsta

Unlocked the wizard and wow, it's like a whole new game. You have to play in a completely different manner to succeed. Now I'm really hyped for the new characters