Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. fisheatcorn

fisheatcorn Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I've had a couple of bugs. First up, I haven't been awarded the play as the knight achievement, yet I had been awarded defeat the dragon one ( I hadn't beaten it then, but I had encountered it).

The other bug I'm getting is that when I die in boss rush mode, I'm getting a grey text box, presumably the continue box, but there's no text in it. I can't get rid of it or quit and I'm forced to close the app down and restart.

Other than that, absolutely loving te game. I can almost complete normal mode without dying, just making a few to many mistakes at the dragon. Advanced is still too hard >_<

2. PixyJunket

PixyJunket Well-Known Member

Nice, I made #28 on the Kinight leaderboard.

I remember playing Slayin' a few years ago on the Flash app, so I was pretty pumped up to see it appear with some new stuff (although the new Reaper boss is way harder than the Dragon!).

The "Knightly Accolade" achievement is broken! *sadface*

Also, any chance we can get the original soundtrack in an update?

Attached Files:

3. Allen95

Allen95 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    California
    I'm having a great time with the game. I gave up and deleted it a month ago because I was busy with some other game and just thought it was boring. But this week I re-downloaded it and I must say, I had no idead what I was missing :D Just wished the dev's put out add-on's like a mode that I could actually save and level up-properly but other than that I'm pretty happy. GotY worthy.

4. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    New character preview

Today I have something special for all of you: The world premiere of one of the new characters coming to slayin!

[​IMG]

More info coming soon :D

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Awesome!

6. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Excellent!

7. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Lookin' good!

8. PixyJunket

PixyJunket Well-Known Member

Haha, he looks awesome. That pompadour.

What about adding the old soundtrack in the options menu?

I hope there are new achievements coming too (and I hope the "Play as Knight" achievement is fixed).

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  10. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    new achievements are very likely ;)

11. theBesh

theBesh New Member

May 22, 2013
    #311 theBesh, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
    Awesome game. One thing I would note is that when you hit over one million points, the score on the HUD while in-game appears to be bugged. The numbers become spaced and scattered. It does appear fine on the headstone and leaderboards, though.

[​IMG]

12. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

So I finally decided to check this game out. I just tried the PC version and it's really fun so I'm probably going to get the IOS version. My only concern is how the controls are on the screen. From the pictures, they seem to take up like half the screen. How is this on smaller screens like iPhone. Doesn't this make the actual gameplay area quite small?

13. Bronxsta

Anyone? Just would like to know before buying

14. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    The controls definitely take up half the screen. You can select multiple skins for the control pad area. In my opinion it really doesn't detract from the game at all. The play area on a phone/touch is more than adequate. Controls are appropriately sized/spaced and responsive.

15. Bronxsta

^^Thanks

So I read through the whole thread:
    1) Is this game endless or not? I don't think there was ever a definite answer to that. It says endless, but I saw posts about ending/end credits

2) Any more updates planned?

16. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    This week is officially the worst week ever for iOS (nothing looks even ´OK´ for me) so I'm picking this one up :)

17. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    No Mikey Hooks??
    And Butterfly Sky should be out today, but for now it's not on the AppStore.

18. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I don't know what you guys see on that one, first one was.... dull and... well I just didnt like it. Lets say it just like that :p

I searched for Butterfly Sky but didn't find it either, hope it comes up...

Do you recommend me Slayin?

19. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Like all FDG Games, Slayin is good fun. You won't play this over the next few weeks but it will keep you entertained until the next release week. It's not my favourite FDG game but I had a few hours fun with the game so the dollar was spent well

20. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Thanks SoS! Played the flash version and I definitely liked it, so the obvious thing was to buy it :)