Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #281 Qwertz555, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    My record so far is level 67, but all my attention (and luck) is needed
    to reach even level 50.
    Do i remember right that, before the first update hit, the advanced
    mode started at level 50 ?

Possible to have that option, please dear Devs ?

Edit: GOTW, though it's probably gonna be third.

2. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    The wizzard has many different "builds" to say so. What i like to do is get a combo started from level 1 to level 6, so i can instantly buy the flare. from that point on i buy all the robes so i get faster spell recharge and then i rush the lightning ball. But another really powerfull but underrated early game weapon is the dacing flame. Lightning strike is really powerfull as well, if you get the hang of it. also, as someone allready mentioned, more expensive spells give a higher tornado and some later spells even give a longer invincibility frame :eek:
    One final tip for the wizzard: spells only start to recharge once the current spell ends/leaves the screen. So if you are in a corner and send a projectile across the whole screen it will take a very long time until you have another charged projectile. Taking this into account can help alot.

3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Quick question for the slayers out there-—I'm a bit confused about the Knight's mission of killing 5 skulls with the lance. Which weapon is the lance (haven't seen it yet) and which enemy is the skull.

Thanks in advance for any info.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    At the shop, eventually there's gonna be a weapon called a lance. o_O

Then the skulls are the projectiles being shot at you by tombstone enemies. The ones you can only avoid. Lances allow you to attack them.

5. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    This game is very similar to Tiny ARPG, dunno if someone mentioned before as I didnt went through all the pages of the thread. Very similar indeed.

Besides of that im having a blast with this one! Nice little game so far.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The original version of Slayin came out before Tiny ARPG, which makes Tiny ARPG the clone.

7. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Thank you kindly.

8. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Ah excellent, didnt know that. Its better than Tiny ARPG for sure but knowing its not copying it makes it much sweeter for me, thanks!

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Same here. The question was asked some pages back, so we're all happy this isnt the clone here. :D

10. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Thanks for the tips on the wizard! I'll try her out again sometime soon. I also just unlocked the knave - I keep wanting to say rogue - and like it as well; having a dagger on each side is nice.

This game is pretty hard for me - the highest boss I've gotten to was King Slime - but I still really enjoy it. The completionist in me loves missions (though I'm so glad you can spend FP to skip them, otherwise I'd still have to beat the imp perfectly and also hit it twice before it attacks. Yeah, right.) and I like trying out different styles.

Roguelikes tend to frustrate me because I die easily and starting from the beginning always seems so daunting. Slayin has managed to make it more interesting by adding things like missions and the different classes.

I agree that I'd love to see more classes in the future, or more added onto the current three. The game has done a very good job of covering the three typical "types" of RPG classes, and I enjoy it. (Even if I'm a squishy wizard. :p )

11. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Korbinian@FDG: Please, don't make the missions a senseless thing. If the missions can be skipped with Fame Points, complete the missions legitimately will be worthless and the achievements too. The missions are there for a reason, not just for skip them with some Fame Points.

12. Enriana

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    I disagree. If I weren't able to skip missions and got stuck with some of the really tricky ones, especially early on, I wouldn't have played as much or at all. As far as I know, you only get achievements from missions you complete. I still really like and use the missions, it gives me "direction" to play - definitely not senseless.

If someone skips every single mission as soon as they can afford it with fame points without even trying, then yeah, I can see how it'd damage gameplay. But personally, it makes the game much more fun - especially because, as I mentioned previously, I'm not that great a player (yet!), so the tricky missions are especially frustrating for me.

13. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Tricky missions like "Destroy 5 skull with the Lance"?. That one was so hard for me, but that difficult make me try and try until I complete the mission, and of course get better when I play with the "Knight". If someone just pay FP for skip that mission and just that one mission, will be fine for me, but the thing here is, if the developer let skip missions, most of people will be paying for almost every mission and not just one like you suggest.

About the achievements: "Complete all the missions with the Knight" / "Wizard" / "Knave". Would be unfair if someone can get those achievements using only FP (skipping the missions).

If you can't complete some mission, just keep trying and get better. No offense, but you shouldn't pretend be rewarded having all the missions completed if you're not that good for earn them by yourself.

14. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Achievements are pretend rewards anyway unless they require a very high scoring standard that would only be feasible for the top few players.

15. fuzzbinn

fuzzbinn Member

Mar 23, 2009
    And advice for late game wizard strategy? There are two 500 gold tomes? Either of them worth getting? Or stick with Lightning Orb and get the Level 3 Robe instead?

Also, for the Rogue - which generates more gold (which seems to be his main point)? Robe upgrades or better weapons? Which should be prioritized? Thanks!

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Really impressed that this is at the top of the paid charts a week after release. Happy for the devs though. Such a fun game. Great that it's appealing to the public.

17. Enriana

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    I can't help you with the Wizard as the Knave/Rogue has been my main guy. Weapon upgrades increase the amount of gold enemies drop, and armor increases the chance that they'll drop it. (I only realized they were different last night.) So I get the weapon first, the armor second, and then I haven't gotten far enough to upgrade further - I spent it on food - but the same pattern should result in a good amount of gold.

18. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Thanks for the kind words :)
    We are also happy that many people are having a great time with slayin!

19. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    This really depends on your playstyle. I like to stick with the lightning ball and get the level 3 robe. But its a very risky strategy since the level 3 robe breaks in about 3-4 hits. so you really need to be carefull once you buy it. The last wizard spell is also VERY powerfull imo, but i needs a little getting used to. And promotes a more agressive style of play.
    So the bottom line is: lightning + lvl3 robe for carfull, defensive play and final spell for a more agressive approach. Hope that helps you out!

20. CaseyRobinson

CaseyRobinson Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Developer
    I've been enjoying the heck out of this lately, but sometimes the virtual controls bug me. I know, there are only 3 buttons, how hard can that be? Harder than 2 buttons. I would love an option to turn the arrows into a single giant button that would reverse the hero's direction of travel.