Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I believe the dragon scale is just an unlock, and can be used repeatedly. But I haven't actually used it yet because it says my fame will be reduced to zero. So I guess you have to spend all your fame between games if you want to use it. The red orbs are for using the dragon scale.

2. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    When you get to higher levels, ie. 80-90, some items from the merchant require red orbs too, but only use a small amount.

I will put this answer in spoiler tags.
    The game "ends" after you defeat the final boss on level 80, but you continue to fight endless waves of enemies until you die. From Level 80 onwards, there are no more bosses.

3. ShamusLowlander

ShamusLowlander Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Question: If you unlock advanced mode, do you start with upgraded weapons/spells and armor, or default?

Also, any tips? I've beaten the
    worm
    with the wizard, but usually I die to
    flower-thing, peloria I think
    . I get to about the same place with the knight and knave, or die a bit before.

4. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    That's kind of lame. What's the point in having it if you can't use it and still be able to save up fame points.

5. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Maybe it just means your fame for that particular game, not your entire balance of fame. That would make more sense to me.

Has anyone actually used it yet?

6. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    That's right, just loose the fame points earned on that run...

7. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    This game is great! Though I do have a few suggestions:

- Option for tapping the left side of the screen to change direction and right side to jump. Much simpler and would alleviate the awkwardness on iPad. The buttons can just be decoration. : )

- iCloud. ICLOUD! Please? For unlocked modes/characters at least. Blueprint 3D has this and it works beautifully!

PS - This game has the best sound effects ever. I love the Unicorn's whinny in particular. Just makes me happy.

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    That makes no sense though. You don't earn fame while playing. You earn points, get kills, etc. and after the run they are converted into fame. So for it to say your fame will go to zero is highly misleading since the only actual fame you have at that point is still what you had before you started the game. Anyway, if that's how it works, good to hear.

9. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Fame points (FP), I think this is how them works:

I don't know if you earn the FP for just kill the enemies, high combos, high scores or a combination of those options. But while you're playing, you're going accumulating points.

So lets say I die against Peloria, at that point I was carrying with me 300 FP, those 300 FP remain hidden of my knowledge (and I got 2000 FP ready for buying anything in the tavern). Then the game ask me if I wanna spend some red orbs and loose the FP generated on that run. If I choose live to fight another life, the 300 FP will be lost (the others 2000 FP will stay intact).

Of course after that moment, you can still generating more FP; but regularly will be less FP (because if you already die, you won't last much longer on the second try)

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's purpose is to help you kill the dragon, and gain more score, not to earn more fame. More like a tradeoff for an extra life.

11. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Ahem, stumbled upon a bug: playing as the knight soe of the achievements are triggered, although the conditions aren't met (e.g. kill five skulls with the lance - I 'got' the achievement without having the lance and while fighting the imp - don't remember the second one).

On one hand I'm happy to have these goals achieved on the other hand it's getting harder and harder to meet the other goals :D

12. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    #252 Eidaven, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
    2 questions...

What are the green potions for? I think they are just giving me points... It seems like an item that should be giving me HP, but it doesn't.

Second question... How do you beat the Imp perfectly...? I've beat it a few times without taking any damage and I never end up completing the quest.

13. Bamboo

Bamboo Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    To beat it perfectly you can't take any damage, I managed to do it, I think.

14. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    #254 the9quad, Apr 7, 2013
    Really want to lke this game but playing it on the iPad 2 the fricking jump button doesn't work %50 of the time, am i the only one having this issue? It is a fun game but I will deliberately try and get him to jump, and it won't work until I change direction sometimes, is it my device? Or am I doing something wrong?

15. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    #255 kioshi, Apr 7, 2013
    As strange as it seems, potions only give you points and coins actually heal you.

I completed the imp quest by not taking damage... There's another one you have to hit it twice before it shoots, maybe that's it? But maybe beating it 'perfectly' might mean hitting it everytime without it disappearing, i dunno.

Edit: I had the imp quest again because I started to play this on my iPad and it is really 'don't take damage' and nothing else, because I was using the mage so I couldn't hit the imp unless he appeared in the lower row.

Although I hate button placement on my ipad (I've been playing on my iphone mostly), the jump button works perfectly here (ipad 2, 6.1.2, JB).

16. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks nao for the reply. I've been having fun with the game so far!

17. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Thanks bro, probably just the way i hold the thing, oh well virtual controls what can you do, maybe they will introduce movable controls or something. Seems like a cool time killer.

18. Raph3Arts

Raph3Arts Well-Known Member

Am i the only one who wanted to support the devs with buying a pack of 5000 fames, but never got them and actually got charge for TWO packs?!?! Downed my rating to 1 star until I get an answer to this inquiry...

19. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Man, this game could have been so good, it really had so so much potential, but a lot of things just didn't come through for me. I can appreciate a rogue-like, but I'd love to have some sort of progressive upgrades, something to work toward.

20. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Hey everyone, there seems to be some confusion as to what exactly the Dragon Scale does; I would be happy to explain, as I have unlocked it and used it. As some of you guessed, the fame points that it uses are the ones that you have earned on your current game, not your overall total. In other words, if you die and would have earned 500 fame points but choose to use the Dragon Scale to restart, the fame points you earn will be reset to zero. It has absolutely no effect on your fame points outside of a game.