Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Max0809

Max0809 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Does someone knows how to get the lance as a weapon to buy because there's a quest that says " Destroy 5 skulls with a lance " ?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Knight... Above level 30, the shopkeeper will sell a lance for about 450. Im alittle unsure of the price, but it should be around that.

3. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Finally slain the final boss. I think the wizard is by far the best of all characters. I used lightning ball till the end. My knight/knave couldn't last till the worm.

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I believe it so too. The knight and knaves are more risky than the Wizard who has a small interval of invulnerability from all angles. They alsohave an easier way to deal with skulls from the start, and their fireballs are among the best sweeper in the game.

5. JayuZmaN

JayuZmaN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    A t l a n t i s
    i use knight and knave until the final boss, but defeated miserably...

wizard with the first flame spell is enough to cut every single monsters in the game... :D

6. JayuZmaN

Aug 14, 2011
    A t l a n t i s
    got that...

re-installed the game, and voila it works... :D

7. Bamboo

Bamboo Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2011
    WHAT? FINAL BOSS? I can hardly get past the yellow blobby thing with the wizard, knights a bit harder. I always run out of money, and fail and choose the wrong spells.

8. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Game reminds me of Nintendo mini classics handhelds games :)

9. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    This is true, but if you get lightning ball, which does the exact same thing as fire ball, your tornado goes as high as being able to hit flying enemies. This higher tornado helps as well vs the final boss.

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    In all the game footage I've seen so far I haven't seen an ice world. I'm a huge believer in ice worlds in all fantasy games. I also notice that the ground looks the same in almost all of the locations... even the cave location with the dragon. It would be nice to see updates with more varied floor textures (maybe without grass) and a couple ice/rain/wintery kind of backgrounds.

Other than that, this game is a sweet little treasure of retro goodness. So thanks!

11. JayuZmaN

Aug 14, 2011
    A t l a n t i s
    well that's true, but since i only spam fire spell on the right side to the left side, i got to have fewer coins than knight / knave...

so i only spend my gold to buy meat... :D

12. onebigdoor

onebigdoor Active Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Hudson Valley, NY
    certainly having fun with the game, but how long is my left thumb supposed to be?!?! playing on the ipad, i just need to reiterate that controls do not work well when scaled up.

13. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Finally decided to unlock a new character, so I went for the Knave... Thoroughly surprised by how different the game plays with this character. You don't get a second power bar with the armor upgrades, rather more chance for loots. Likewise, the weapon upgrades don't increase range, but again loot drops. This seriously promotes a more frantic play style keeping your gold coin bar timer fully charged.

Gold = Health, its like killing to stay alive. I love it :)

14. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Is the dragon scale a one time use item? Like do you have to buy it again after each game? Or is it there to use once per game?

Edit: clarity

15. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #235 pjft, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    While we're asking questions, I do have one here which still isn't clear to me: does this game actually have an end? Many people mention a "final" boss, but it's also referred to as "endless", so... where's it at? :)

I don't have any specific problem with either, but I like my Rogues to have a remote chance of being finished, like getting the amulet of Yendor and coming back and winning :)

Let me know, and I'll be bashing the buy button in the meanwhile!

Cheers,
    Paulo

EDIT: And while I'm at it, does it play well on an iPad?

16. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    You can tap anywhere within the red frame, not just on the graphical image of the button. Have you actually tried it?

17. Frankpaul1

Frankpaul1 New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    What clarity have you gotten?

18. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY

I agree my hands hurt!!! It's too big they need to shrink the controls a bit

19. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    I have this same question... Is it one time use only?

Also, what are the little red orbs for? I pick up a couple evrytime, but the merchant is never selling anything that uses them.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #240 Exact-Psience, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    Reached and killed the Harpy with a Knight, but then i died at level 69. before i could see what the next Boss is... I dint unlock dragon scale yet which couldve guaranteed i see the next boss. :p

Too bad i didnt get a high score coz i missed getting a flawless win against minotaur for carelessness. LOL.