Universal Slayin - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. JayuZmaN

JayuZmaN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    A t l a n t i s
    finally beat the last boss with mage... :D

anyway, i wanna ask if everybody already got 'watch credits' achievement ?
    we are supposed to get it after watching the credits right ?

anyone can confirm this ?

2. Zeekops

Zeekops Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Anybody have any tips as to what weapons to buy as the warrior and mage? What should I go for first in terms of weapon/equipment? Thanks! This little game is addicting!!

3. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    I bought this game after being sold on the developers description of 'PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE WORLDS FIRST ENDLESS ACTION RPG!'

Am I the only person to spot that this is not the worlds first! It is actually an absolute rip off of a game I downloaded last year called "Tiny ARPG" this game is identicle in every way! Except they have done this with more polish and added the tavern.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game but i do feel sorry for the makers of tiny ARPG!

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Sounds like you havent progressed much in Badland, just keep at it soldier, its.. well dont have words to decribe how awesome it is... Gorgeous and brilliant? Even more.

And now off to play Slayin' for the first time, sounds like fun!

5. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

@wigzisonfire: Your information is wrong. Slayin was there first, but it was initially released on PC. The game you mentioned actually cloned (or tried to clone) Slayin. So - you ARE playing the original right now. Thank you for purchasing Slayin!

6. JayuZmaN

JayuZmaN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    A t l a n t i s
    hello future777, can u please confirm how to get 'standing ovations' achievement ?

7. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Will you guys add a "restore purchase" option?

I didn't see one.

It's the only thing holding me back from buying any iap's.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I know i love Badland. Im about 15 stages in. The game feels a little relaxed, which i prefer playing at certain times, but most of the time i like a more actiony experience. Needless to say Badland is a great game with high production values shown through the game's atmosphere, physics, gameplay, ambient sounds and flawless execution... Just not ready to call it Best Game of the Year.

9. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Thanks for the info dude! I really wanted to like this but felt bad for liking a clone! Now I know it's the original I can happily enjoy this fun game!!!

10. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

#190 Future777, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    You should get it for watching the credits to the end. You can access the Credits from options screen.

@TheEvilRobot: Restore purchase is only available for permanent purchases and not consumable items. But besides that - you don't need to purchase anything to enjoy the game. Just play - keep playing and you'll see one unlock after another. :)

@wigzisonfire: NP, you're welcome :)

Have a nice week-end everyone!

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #191 TheFrost, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    Well Slayin is indeed slaying my eyes from the lack of animations but other than that is great Slayin fun! :p

Theres a long time ahead til the end of the year and many great games are coming for sure, but its a worthy candidate. Very worthy...

12. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    AGREED! Badland is definately a contender for GOTY! I can't predict what will be come end of year, but to this point it is hands down the best game I have played this year!

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The game only has consumable IAP. Consumable IAP cannot be restored.

14. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    [​IMG]

:eek: :p

15. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #195 Cilo, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    I love everything about this game except for one tiny thing, no health outside of the store - no chance hp/food drop, or regen, or even level up replenish. So you either spend coins on attack/defense, or on hp store food. And I understand that's part of the challenge, but if there isn't any incentive to replay with hopes of getting farther than your last replay, then what is the point?

I know this game is built around IAP, so where is the hp IAP? I've made it to lvl 54, past the worm boss, without the extra life upgrade, so I'm guessing I'm not too far from the end? If at my current pace I can complete this game with the extra life unlock then my bad, but if not I had a couple solutions:

1. Hp chance drop, even if its 5%, is better than nothing or

2. Be able to carry % of coins over to next replay or

3. Some type of hp related IAP. Hell, I'd pay another dollar to get a 25% hp regen on every 2 levels or something related to that.

I guess the game could use some more awesome animations like the intro, maybe a cut scene for a boss kill but that's nit picking.

16. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    So you have never noticed the little green potions dropped by monsters? They replenish your HP.

(Also, I completely disagree with you saying "this game is built around IAP". The IAP feels completely optional and unnecessary in my opinion.)

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nah... I think he's just asking for a way to cheat in the game LEGITLY like through IAPs.

18. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I see...

Well, I just played a little bit more to make sure, and actually the COINS replenish the HP. So every time you find a chest (which always contain a big coin), including the after-boss ones, you get to recover a reasonable amount of HP (not to mention all the coins dropped by monsters).

19. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    It really is a fun game. I unlocked the continues :) Thanks for a great game :)

20. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    If the devs can confirm coins and the green potions replenish hp, then that's awesome. There isn't really any info screens stating what the drops were, unless I missed it? And you're welcome to disagree with my opinion, that's what we are stating right - our opinions.