Universal Slayaway Camp (by Blue Wizard Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere in the thread, but how does this compare with the more expensive Steam version? I notice there are several DLC packs on there. Is that content available in the iOS version? Thanks.

2. Kallizm

Kallizm Active Member

Dec 21, 2013
    e-Learning Designer
    Indianapolis, IN
    According to newsletters from the Dev, the DLC is coming to iOS and Android in the near future. Otherwise, it's the same game throughout.

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, had two bucks left over from doing some dlc in other games, decided to throw it at an indie dev, this game rocks! Fantastic from head-less to toe.

4. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Just felt like commenting that Slayaway Camp has to be one of the best all time games in this genre. Challenging but it feels so great to beat a level...

5. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Just finished all the levels the other day, and had a grand old time. It was sadly plagued with many crashes on my first gen 12.9 inch ipad pro, which was super annoying, because I had to play the level over again. This happened more and more, the more levels I beat, and by the end, it became super annoying, and very frequent.

However, when I was able to play it, it was fun and challenging at times.

6. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    If possible, I'd like to have the user's level editor.

And I want to share and play the levels that the users created.

7. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Late coming to the party to try out this game.

Can't find the answer to a question I have... With the bonus kill screen at the end of each level where you have to hit the red zone to get extra coins, is the amount of coins given totally random? Also, does the amount go down over time so that it is better to hit the zone as quickly as you can?

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    This is on sale for 99p and looks like it’s had its first update in 2 years.

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Also doesn’t mention it in the update notes, but it was finally updated for iPhone X screens as well.

ste86uk likes this.
  10. revok

revok Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    UK
    Does anybody know where the option to purchase the Supernatural Forces DLC can be found? Looked but can’t see it?

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I know I was late to the party with this one but I’m really having fun with it. I like puzzle games and I love it’s dark humour in killing people being the name of the game to solve the puzzles.

With the updated full screen now it’s easy to recommend for anyone that hasn’t grabbed it yet. Especially if the sale is still on for 99p that’s crazy value.

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’m still enjoying this one doing a few levels here and there and finding that I’m enjoying murdering everyone especially the guy singing a horrible song...take from that what you will.

But it’s nice to play a puzzle game with a different way of solving puzzles as I can honestly say I’ve never played a puzzle game where the goal is to murder everyone. Technically Persephone is about death but that’s just killing yourself and I enjoyed that too for it’s different concept, although I’m still stuck on that one!

13. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Sorry for another revival, but I am on a journey to re-evaluate my library of apps and games. Looking to see which apps/games are still working, have gone f2p, etc.

I am always a little weary of installing new OS updates as soon as they are released, however security is important.

Recently, I was happy to discover that Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies now works on iPadOS 17.1.

But now as Halloween is fast approaching, it seems like Slayaway Camp is not working on iPadOS 17.1. It installs fine, however it is a white icon with the message unable to download "slayaway camp" cannot connect to the app store.

Please keep in mind, this device does not connect to the internet since I have no wi-fi access at the moment.

14. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Works for me, connected and unconnected. M1 Pro, 17.1.