Slay the Spire (MegaCrit)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Let’s be optimistic, shall we?;)

ste86uk likes this.
  2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @metalcasket Im sorry for getting your hopes up!

Yes early spring would be nice and any time now but you’d think they would share info to get people hyped for it. Because I’ve never ever played it and it doesn’t really mean much to me other than following other peoples hype for it making me want it. But I know some just launch randomly without word, worked for whatever that bunker game was called again from Bethesda.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Don’t worry everyone, the publisher (it’s rumoured to be Humble Bundle in many other threads btw), are just adding in the timers, energy meters, gems, and jewels. Ads are already in. Shouldn’t take much longer :p

PBSNellie, nickhoola and metalcasket like this.
  4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Talbs you’re joking around but that’s exactly what happened with the port of one of my favorite games of all time - Dungeon Keeper - when EA got their hands on its mobile port. To this day I still have nightmares when it comes to mind.

ste86uk, nickhoola and Talbs like this.
  5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You forgot the most important thing: $9.99/month sub to reduce the time the tiny inaccessible close button (otherwise known as "Take Me to the App Store, Pronto!" button) takes to show up in pop-up ads by 0.25 seconds per ad.

God, I love mobile gaming!

Makara Nou likes this.
  6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Remember how I posted “Mobile port is slated for an early spring.“ a few days ago - information I found on official Reddit page? So I asked there where’s this information coming from and hence how legit is it. Today I learned it came from a live stream Megacrit did on Twitch! That thing is 7:30 hours long, so I obviously didn’t watch it. But as far as credibility goes, I think this is a great news!

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It may be legit, but that stream is from a while ago at this point and we're already a month into spring. Remember, this was slated as an extremely late 2019 release and then pushed forward to early 2020. I hate to be negative and I will fully support this on iOS, but when it comes out, it'll come out. I just don't expect that any time soon given Humble Bundle's track record.

Full Disclosure: I may be salty about it, but my anger and cynicism is NOT directed at Mega Crit Games. This is completely out of their hands.

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I hope this doesn't turn into another Galactic Keep. I wish games would just drop instead of this constant carrot dangling.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Carrot dangling would be acceptable. It's the 3+ month long silence that's aggravating. :(

PBSNellie likes this.
  10. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I honestly think they couldn’t pick a better time for the release than now. (Provided the game is ready)

I know these are dark times and getting things done is more challenging than ever.

But if you purely think from sales perspective, this would undoubtedly be the best time.

imdakine1 likes this.
  11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Had a talk with Good Ol’ Carter (Dotson, of TA fame) right when the world started going to shit, and we both agreed that would definitely be the best thing that could happen. Too bad HB don’t feel the same. :(

12. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Yeah. Sadly so. Personally, I’m just trying not think about it. It’ll be out when it’s out. But I just hope they don’t ruin the game with an aggressive business model. Just keep it exactly like it is on PC. Fingers crossed.

13. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Been hoping to play this game as I’ve heard as I’ve heard so much about it and they would have done so well if it came out now! To bad but I’ll just wait and see if and when it comes out!

i bet some games that have come out between mid-March to the end of April will be doing well.

14. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I had this same thought.

Rocksaint likes this.
  15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Oh man, Galactic Keep was and still is a unique and charming scifi D&D adventure. I wish they kept updating it, such a shame.
    It’s still on the AppStore, so anyone who hasn’t experienced this needs to.

And every day StS doesn’t release is grinding me away. So frustrated by the silence and delay this far. It’s clear they didn’t really have a handle on it. “Later this year”......pffft. Yeh while pointing off screen to a 2025 calendar.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Not "every day" in my case, per se, but basically every Thursday when the App Store refreshes. It drives me batshit crazy. I know we live in an era where NDAs are everything and whatever, but Jesus Christ the world would just be so much better with transparency. Announce the living **** out of the game, set up a pre-order page (even if it were 6 months down the line!), stir the pot and get people ****ing excited!

17. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Imagine this. They hold on to the game for the perfect time. Polishing, applying finishing touches, patching the final bugs, planning marketing and waiting for the perfect release window and BOOM! In comes a mobile-only singleplayer roguelike card game with RPG mechanics, character classes and in-depth story which is a hit on both iOS and Android. The irony of that would be hilarious.

PBSNellie likes this.
  18. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I hear Rod Serling.

Rocksaint likes this.
  19. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Sorry for the off-topic message. I have Galactic Keep but never got around playing it. Do you recommend it? Is it “random” or is the experience ever the same?

I have been developing a taste for “random” games with permadeath to match pen and paper sort of experience.

20. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I can’t wait for this, because Dungeon Tales pisses me off, it’s not balanced as well. As easy as it is to grab my Switch and play, having this game on mobile will be fantastic.