Slay the Spire (MegaCrit)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
  2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    So very sick of waiting. Supposedly now been in “QA” for a damn long time. Since like start of Dec. till now in this state, which imo is ridiculous for a game like this. Wish Megacrit could have more involvement with the actual publishing and/or greater reign to keep us actually meaningfully updated. Which btw, whoever the heck the publisher actually is....once rumoured to be Tencent! I find it weird that Megacrit has never let us on about who is the actual publisher.

we wait longer it seems. Later this year indeed.

3. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    The QA cycle could take somewhere from 4 months to a year depending on the game. And the fact that we still don’t know who the publisher is, is never a good sign.

Still, optimistic about this one. But I have spent too much time in this industry to know that even the best ones can end up disappointing.

Hope it’s not the case with StS on mobile.

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I am so burnt out playing Slay the Spire clones over the past couple of years that the real deal finally coming to mobile isn’t even getting me as excited as I thought I would be. :(

...the different publisher is a concern.

5. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #25 mastery51, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Slay the spire developers are streaming on twitch right now.
    Sound like mobile port is now coming out early spring. So mobile release is March hopfully.
    [​IMG]

nickhoola and quangvietnguyen like this.
  6. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Who is Nightbot? and what do you think he meant by "developers are waiting the port too"?

7. mastery51

Oct 21, 2009
    #27 mastery51, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Nightbot is a chat moderator, chat automation, the streamer can use for twitch and YouTube. This is so the devs don’t have to constantly answer the same questions and just play games. I’m not sure what they mean by, “developers are waiting the port”. Maybe the mobile development is done but the mobile developers and Megacrit are holding it untill a specific time or untill both android and iOS are done. Megacrit also talked about the console ports getting the new character in spring too.

quangvietnguyen likes this.
  8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

No free to play crap, on my knees praying now

9. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    That's completely upto the publisher. And the fact that we still don't know who the publisher actually is, that's scary.

sugimulm likes this.
  10. mastery51

Oct 21, 2009
    #30 mastery51, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    It is a bit scary. So far i’ve heard two rumors on who the publisher might be, one is Tencent and the other was Humble. There is no direct proof to say that is who it is though.

11. quangvietnguyen

Feb 1, 2013
    I doubt it would be Tencent
    And most indie ports retain their pricing model on mobile though, exceptions are the ones with changes in game mechanics. Full and intact ports are usually premium

12. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

If it is ftp, hope a full unlock is offered

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You guys have no idea how bad I want the publisher to end up being Playdigious (I mean, look at the magic they did with Dead Cells), but unfortunately being this silent has never been their thing.

Rocksaint and ste86uk like this.
  14. I like the fact that they're very friendly. Sadly, it's unlikely them coz they usually announce game when the in development starts.

metalcasket likes this.
  15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, not when development starts, per se, but yeah, that's exactly what I meant.

16. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Same here. I was thinking either Playdigious or Devolver Digital. But neither of them are the silent type. (Especially on Twitter)

metalcasket likes this.
  17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Devolver would’ve been great too, but Playdigious have a fantastic track record of keeping their apps updated. Alas, whoever’s behind it, let’s just hope this port is in tip-top shape (and remains so for a very long time).

ste86uk and Rocksaint like this.
  18. quangvietnguyen

Feb 1, 2013
    Playdigious is great but I'd rather they focused on the update for Dead Cells righ now

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I have to admit I didn’t know anything about this game until today. But I like the hype which usually results in me buying games I’m not even planning to play. I just wanted to know what the fuss is about so I bought the game on Steam today and after like 8 straight hours playing it I can honestly say I’m hooked. Obsessed even. Addicted.

Now, to the point. I checked the Steam Link app for iOS you @Capronissimo71 mentioned earlier but it doesn’t say I can stream games from PC to iPad in its description. So I downloaded it but there’s no such option there, as suspected. My question is, how did you make it work then?

20. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Hi! For the Steam Link i just opened the app and i made the connection between my pc and the iPhone/iPad, but i think you did this the first time you used the app. Obviously, you have to run the pc version of Stream together with the iOS app. If you start the game on pc you’ll see it on your device screen and you can play it exactly as on computer. Only thing you have to adjust some settings like speed connection, screen resolution and method of control (I.e. the “emulation” of pc mouse). Hope you can do it!!