Slay the Spire (MegaCrit)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey guys, i've twitted yesterday to MegaCrit devs asking for a chance to see StS on iOS, and their answer is:

"Still coming later this year. Been working on it!"

YEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

2. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    omggggg great newssss

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  3. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Amsterdam
    Nice! been playing so many games like it, It is good to finally be able to play the real deal on ios.

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yeeeeeeep. This is my most anticipated basically not just for this year but for all time for iOS. Been waiting from early this year since they first dropped the news of “later this year”.
    Times moving so slowly now I just want it to release so bad.

5. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I just hope they surprise drop it one day instead of teasing the release date..

Talbs likes this.
  6. archinerate

archinerate Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2014
    If they are honest with their promise of “later this year”, I have the feeling that they will release it on 31st of December 23:59. I don’t think they will have enough time to release it on time, considering they released “an experimental 4:3 screen ratio” (Meaning is probably for iPads because some of the resolutions are exact same with 3 different iPad resolutions) for steam just 2 weeks ago.

Also I heard somewhere months ago that Tencent was working on the port. I guess it was a false news.

7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I’m still so super excited about this, and have been checking megacrits twitter everyday. But the last couple of tweet replies make it sound like it’s not going to be till very late in the year :(

Still hoping for a ninja drop though, that would be amazing.

8. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #8 mastery51, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Megacrit delayed the release. They want to do a month of extra QA before they push it out. This was posted on their steam progress blog. I’m a little sad we have to wait until after the new year but its going to be for the best. Really excited for their early January progress report. Hopefully with some good news.

raravan likes this.
  9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yeh I’m quite bummed by that announcement. Was really looking forward to playing it over the Christmas break. Pictured that as going to be one epic time. Now it sounds like it’ll be out when I’m back at work. So that announcement took a lot of anticipation out of it for me.

Not to mention it was “coming later this year” since like February, and then I saw a twitter post with “definitely” a few weeks ago.

so it’s irked me a bit, if you can’t tell.

Having said that. I understand that stuff happens in game development and don’t blame them. I was just super excited and hyped it up.

10. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Even I am quite disappointed by this. Was really looking forward to playing it during the holidays when I'll be at home. Especially when the developers did say it'll release by the end of this year.

Oh well, I understand development can take ugly turns, and it's good to delay it rather than rush the release and end up with a lot of negative heat especially with the anticipation behind this one. I'm sure even they wanted to release it before/during the holidays as that's the best time from a business perspective.

Anyway, hopefully we'll get our hands on it by end of Jan. Just disappointed that we couldn't get it during the holidays.

11. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    The Steam version is playable on the IPAD with the Steam app.

12. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Yeah. I think with Steam Link app you can play it on mobile too. But I'd rather purchase it just on mobile instead of purchasing it twice.

PBSNellie likes this.
  13. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    When I bought it, mobile was not in the works then so I had to make do with what was out there, lol.

Rocksaint likes this.
  14. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Any news on the release?

15. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    I contacted them on Twitter but didn’t get a response.

But they did say in Dec. when they announced its delayed that they will give an update on the progress in Jan. So let’s cross our fingers and wait.

16. For me, I can wait. I want the dev to take their time and make the port as polished and solid as possible

17. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Downloaded Steam Link app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and bought the game on Steam via pc. I’ve played a couple of games on iPhone and using the Steam app i can say is perfectly playable! Obviously I’ll buy the iOS version as soon as it gets on the AppStore!

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MegaCrit/status/1215517488244346882

the latest we have. Seems it’ll be soon(TM).

Rocksaint likes this.
  19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Has there been any confirmation that it'll be the actual Slay the Spire and not a F2P version of it? That reply saying it's rumored Tencent are publishing it is NOT comforting.

20. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    t
    the status update on Steam wrote that it will be "the full Slay the spire experience" so pretty much yeah it is highly likely to be a premium release

sugimulm likes this.