Universal Slay the Spire (by MegaCrit & Humble Bundle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jun 13, 2020.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    From what I hear, all of them.

And yeah, after one run I get the hype. UI is a bit small but it hasn’t been an issue with my big fingers.

Completely different mechanics, but the feeling of playing it reminds me of the original Puzzle Quest.

2. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    300hrs+ easily

3. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Weird. I don’t have any slow issues. Maybe because I never played the PC game. The pacing seems fine to me. But then again, I am not looking into rushing through the game.

Like I said, the UI is a bit smaller. But it’s not a gamebreaker. (Although could be on much smaller devices) On an iPhone X, it’s noticeable but not something that makes it hard to play.

4. jelt2359

jelt2359 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    I think you mean Dream Quest, and yes it's in that vein but plays slower- a bit too much graphics and animation for my tastes but then I literally spent at least a thousand hours on DQ so I'm biased.

5. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    #25 pathogen541, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    I’ve encountered numerous crashes while playing. It’s crashed on entering (?) rooms, crashed after defeating elites, and currently I cannot defeat the daily run due to the game crashing every time I deal a fatal blow to the tower boss. The game itself is awesome, but this crashing is making it damn near unplayable for me (iPhone 8, 64gig, latest iOS release) I can beat the tower already, but am being stopped due to crashing :-(

update: so it was only crashing while Spotify was running in the background. Also, holy cow this game is huge.... here I am thinking I was gonna clear the daily already.... nope.... that was only act 1.

Talbs likes this.
  6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No, I meant PuzzleQuest. Not in the actual gameplay (completely different genres), but in the way that the presentation and the mechanics engage me. It’s hard to explain — I put a crazy amount of hours into PuzzleQuest and I suspect I will do the same for this.

7. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    guys write a review in the App Store and ask for iCloud sync. That’s something essential which every game like this should have

adin and Makara Nou like this.
  8. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    60CF091A-B199-4AAE-B934-55CCC072B9DE.png
    boom. First daily down.

AltsKev likes this.
  9. archinerate

archinerate Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2014
    After a long long wait they didn’t even add Cloud saving smh...

ioso likes this.
  10. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    After playing for about 30 mins, I’ve had 3 crashes (Halfway through an Elite fight, entering the shop, and dealing the killing blow on the 1st boss). This is really frustrating, especially because the game reloads you at the beginning of the battle if the app crashes.

Given the lack of cloud save, UI being too small on iPhone, and now these crashes, I’m just going to get a refund and play it elsewhere. I’ll buy it again if they fix these in future updates, but this is really disappointing.

Makara Nou likes this.
  11. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Act 1 finished. Barely survived. Interesting boss fight. Got quite tense near the end but got the job done. Pheew!!

The game is certainly not perfect. Especially in the UI department. There’s room for quality of life improvements.

Time for Act 2.

andsoitgoes likes this.
  12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Haven’t had chance to launch it yet, so does it have a daily quest as well as the normal mode from what I seen above? Does it reward anything or is it just the challenge?

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Lol yep. My bathroom breaks are gonna have some numb friggin everything.

Thankfully we finally moved into a place with more than one bathroom! SUCK IT LIFE!!

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

So... so... soooo many. If you like procedurally generates deck building rogue likes then you’ll love this game. I’ve purchased it on multiple platforms and I’m happy to start from scratch. Each character has unlocks of cards and other things, plus there’s great post game content after you “beat” it if you’re good enough.

you will be playing the same acts each time. But enemies and the general feel are different each play through.

watch some YouTube videos on it. I love it. I’ve been waiting for years to get it on my phone, but then that means I’m kinda biased.

ste86uk likes this.
  15. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
  16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    OMG it's here! I no joke, was hoping it would release instantly. I was thinking to myself "wow that would be great since we've been waiting so long and it would hype every one up." Sure enough, they did it and I'll thank them by sending them my money. Ahh It's been an expensive June for me already :s

(Let's see how the original hit deck builder compares to my favorite NIght of the Full Moon game)

imdakine1 likes this.
  17. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    #38 Capronissimo71, Jun 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Happy for all except it seems there’s only english language. Anybody could confirm that?

Edit: the game is in italian!

18. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Quick callout to any iPad users, especially the big Pro owners, how is the game and interface looking?
    I have only seen screenshots and videos of the game being played on a widescreen rather than a 4:3 iPad screen.
    Does the smaller aspect ratio cause any problem?

19. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    12.9” here... seems lush

Attached Files:

stubbieoz likes this.