Universal Slay the Spire (by MegaCrit & Humble Bundle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Don’t hide it ma dude. Share us the trick to make your wife fall asleep by 9:00. I want my wife to do the same...

On the serious note, if she wasn’t a person that go to bed that early before, you might want her kidney checked up.

2. McDeathUK

McDeathUK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2015
    So I was looking for a premium game experience and was torn between Dark Suns and this. I am exhausted when it comes to card battlers, but didn’t DS looked like it needed more brain power. So I bought Slay the Spire...

... OMFG it is utterly BRILLIANT, I am completely hooked

perfect balance, and the play style differences between the four character types is just superb, like four different games (I love the assassin guy, charter 2)

PLAY THIS GAME PEOPLE

3. Arthurbodhi

Arthurbodhi Active Member

May 28, 2018
    Male
    What is Dark Suns?

4. McDeathUK

McDeathUK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2015
    My bad - crying suns

5. Tucker

Tucker Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Crying Suns just got 4.5 star review here. I've seen it on twitch, looks pretty good.

6. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Slay the spire is a Dominion style card game. It's a "deckbuilder" and has little to do with ccg Magic the Gathering style games (Hearthstone and all it's copycats).

If you like it, than you should try Star Realms. Digital version is fantastic.

McDeathUK likes this.
  7. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    No one has heard anything about when we can expect iCloud?

Numba One, ioso and solarnya like this.
  8. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Still no iCloud saves...

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I don't know what to expect. I was holding out hope for a UI update since there were numerous complaints but they haven't even done iCloud after so long. I'm not sure if they're having issues with it or this is just not a priority to them.

10. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I get the sense they’re done with ios. Just a sense. Nothing to base it on but the lack of any further updates from them doesn’t give me much hope. For something that was such a priority (to implement icloud next)...just not feeling it. I’ve honestly moved on to pirate outlaws. It has icloud and more characters. Wish I kept to my golden rule of only supporting apps with icloud as I like to game on the go with my phone and continue at night with my ipad. While StS is a great game, not having icloud should have been a dealbreaker for me like it is for all other games. Lesson relearned for me

archinerate, stubbieoz and Makara Nou like this.
  11. archinerate

archinerate Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2014
    More than a month passed after this comment and still no news about the update. I regret purchasing the game and trusting them for the future update. I should have waited until they released the update.

L.Lawliet, Mr. Charley and ioso like this.
  12. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Yeah I still haven’t been able to play it since release, even after the last update. The game crashes on start up still.
    The latest post by Megacrit for Android was today.
    [​IMG]

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I still absolutely love this game. While I wouldn’t mind an update, the UI doesn’t bother me. I don’t really need iCloud personally but know lots of people do.

14. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    yeah I honestly wish I could ask for a refund for a purchase made months ago based on false promises and unfulfilled expectations

15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Without iCloud saving, and also without iTunes file sharing enabled for the app (with access to the savefile ), changing idevices in the future could be an issue which will affect us all. I say this because in my experience, whether a game successfully transfers its game data from one backup over to the next device by restored backup, can be pot luck and not always guaranteed for every individual game. I’ve lost game saves when changing devices even with backups in the past.

Of course iCloud gives device interchangeability on the fly, but I’m not one of those iPhone to iPad all day every day kind of guys. But when it comes to preserving a time costly save for a game, I’m all for iCloud.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  16. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Well, I recently upgraded from an iPhone X to an iPhone 11 and it still kept all my progress on this game so guess I’m not concerned on that aspect. But I understand your point. Definitely for iCloud.

17. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Good to hear this one’s a go-er on the old backup so thanks.

18. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Fellas, I got some great news for y'all! I've sent a mail to them yesterday to ask about the cloud save situation, and here's their reply:

"It's currently being implemented and almost done. It'll be released in the next iOS app update."

archinerate and solarnya like this.
  19. archinerate

archinerate Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2014
    That is good news thank you!

20. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    If only they said when that update would be...I believe they have been saying that since release and the whole icloud inquiry started. i for one will believe it when I see it.