Universal Slashy Souls (Bandai and GameStop)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by blue rocket, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Please tell me you are talking about the PC Build since I have even old footage of how bad the Game was running back then on my PS3 and you would be shocked how bad it was the first couple of weeks after the Launch.

2. LethalX08

LethalX08 Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Since Gamestop are involved it's likely it is US only

3. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    They probably could've made a goofy Dark Souls infinite runner and actually had it turn out ok. The art isn't all the bad but holy crap the controls are terrible.
    It's like they used a Game Salad template or something to make the whole game.
    I feel for whoever actually put in the effort into the pixel art because it isn't all that bad. I really like their version of Lord Nito.
    Too bad that's about as far as I get because the biggest death traps in this game are collision detection.

4. FledgeFish

FledgeFish Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Not in Canada #

5. iVoloster

iVoloster Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Insurance
    NY
    I'm sure given that this appears to have been just a Gamestop marketing app for Dark Souls that not a lot of thought went into it, however Namco missed a fantastic opportunity to make a 2D Castlevania styled mobile souls game. Considering that the souls series is essentially what a 3D Castlevania should have been this would have been a no brainer. It would have required way more funding I'm sure and man power but would have sold like hot cakes and been way less forgettable than this garbage souls themed runner. Been waiting years for anything souls related to come to mobile and get this...#

6. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Why bother with crap pixelated 2d "action rpgs" when you have Terraria?That's what I don't understand lol.

7. musicalmac

musicalmac Active Member

Nov 21, 2014
    It's an advertisement for DS3. That's about it.

8. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Well, it's not a "action rpg" it's an endless runner.
    And I'm sure if they were to make it into a full fledge game it'd be nothing like terraria.

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    They got me laughing at "Epic time management skills"

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yea, I was kinda wondering the same. I'm not sure where the time management falls into place? Maybe they mean that you save a lot of time by just shutting off the game? :)

In all honesty, it's an "ok" lil runner. It definitely could have been a lot more, but it's ok for what it is. A promo app.

11. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

As a huge Souls fan I can,t help but be disappointed by this. Sure, I know it's just a marketing tool but I feel like it's a missed opportunity as well.

12. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    This game is a mockery. Seems like they are saying "Mobile games are crappy garbage, so play a real game, play Dark Souls 3 on a real gaming platform."

13. Yeah, I get that vibe from it, too. Like they think mobile games are a laughing stock, so might as well add more garbage to the pile. Pretty irritating.

14. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    We'll have to agree to disagree: I have really fond memories of it launching on PS3

15. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I still remember the pc version as a legendary bad port :'(

16. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, not a good promo for another game. Is Dark Souls 3 going to have terrible controls, bugs, freezing, and crashing?!? If not, I wouldn't release a promo that has all of that.

17. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    This is the line of thinking I have. I do not believe they are mocking the mobile games. I think they show their own limitations of what they can do. This kind of thing is never good for the people/person that created it. It definitely needs work.

18. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    If you want Dark Souls mobile play Ire

19. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    This. It's the closest thing to Dark Souls on mobile. And while I wish it was a premium game, it's still fantastic with the combat especially giving a Dark Souls vibe (along with the hard as nails difficulty, of course). Bitten into small chunks that go well as a mobile game. Would love to see that dev take on a more story based game without levels.

20. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Ire? What game is that?