iPad Skyworks

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ricky, Mar 12, 2009.

1. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Hey guys! I don't know if you've tried any, but Skyworks makes excellent games. I have Arcade Bowling, but was wondering, should I buy any others? Which one do you guys think is the best? (I am a basketball player, but I don't know if that changes anything hehe).

Thanks!

2. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    yeah skyworks is great. I only have arcade bowling and i love it. I am #12 on the global overall progressive mode high scores (53,590), and in a 163-way tie for classic mode with a perfect score of 900. I too am unsure of what other skyworks games I should get. Arcade bowling is just amazing, and i constantly try and beat my progressive mode high score.

3. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    i la la la la loooove skyworks basketball, i think its called arcade hoops?
    its really cool since you can bank bballs of the walls and rails XD

4. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Yeah Skyworks makes such ADDICTING games. They never really lose their replay value either...

5. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Any other opinions? :)

6. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Alright, I guess I will go with Arcade Hoops lol

7. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #7 salsamd, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  8. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  9. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Batter Up Baseball. I've played 6 or 7 of their games over time, and this one is by far my favorite.

10. #10 Mindfield, May 24, 2009
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
    Skyworks is definitely a class act. I reviewed most of their games and was impressed with almost all of 'em. A quick rundown of a few:

Arcade Hoops Basketball: Classic arcade hoops. Really well done, and does a great job of bringing the arcade basketball experience to the iPhone.

Batter Up! Baseball: Excellent arcade-style baseball game where you swing at pitches from a pitching machine and try to hit homers, and optionally targets placed around the field.

World Cup Air Hockey: Good air hockey game, slick presentation, didn't really excite me as much as their other stuff though, possibly because there are better air hockey games on the App Store.

World Cup Ping Pong: However, this one was definitely a lot of fun. It even incorporates ball spin for some wicked curve shots. There's a bonus arcade mode that's kinda tough but interesting.

Arcade Bowling: A good skeeball game with a fun progressive mode. Love the glowy neon/blacklight visuals and arcade scoreboard, but overall I preferred 10 Balls 7 Cups.

I've got Horseshoes in the review queue now and I'm quite liking it so far. It takes a bit to get a handle on the physics and requires more precise dragging on the screen to score a ringer, but I like the way it's done so far.