Universal SKYHILL (By Daedalic Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks about the upgrade on bed tip! Gonna try and see if I have some more luck.

This I disagree. Life is sometimes unfair, so that should definetely happen.

Carrying over something should be fine, also. But maybe that's not what the dev has in mind, since it might become too easy in his opinion. I'd love if it was possible, because you would feel that your run is not worthless and you have a sense of progression, even if it is a very small one. But it all comes to personal preference.

2. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Played through a few times, and I managed to make it out on Normal because I'd picked the 'Absolute Mess' perk. I was lucky because I'd found several Medipacks during the run. Shame I couldn't figure this out on the first floor before heading out:
    Although I had a computer printout with the password ShATTEREDRealitY and the login AMADEUS5, the computer didn't seem to accept any attempt--even with uppercase letters. Maybe there's another step involved or I've been barking up the wrong tree.

I was able to unlock the remaining perks after finishing on Normal :D Thanks.

When crafting, it would be nice to see a number display of individual remaining resources just before you hit 'confirm'. I also agree--it would also be nice to keep some room upgrades for future runs.

Although I like the game's simplicity, I found myself a bit weary after having gone through 99 floors to get the 'default' ending
    where you end up on the rooftop shouting for Nikki.
    . I think the story is intriguing, and it appears that nothing is as it seems. It would be nice to eventually add more 'meat' to the game that might encourage me to come back e.g. more possible endings, more floors and rooms with different kinds of interaction as well as a greater variety of monsters, etc...

3. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I ran into a bug on 68th floor. I've killed the mob, but the red target didn't disappear and I can't progress any further.

Edit: quit to main menu and reload and it has worked.

4. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    One thing that is a must: using health items during battle. I just lost on level 37 because of that. :(

I could just run and came back later, but... but... I forgot.

Lol

5. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    To whoever knocked perks saying they're not worth using, you're missing the point of them.

They're there to add variety. For example, try a bulimic/survival kit run. LOL

6. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    That's it.

7. Ash_Woodlander

Ash_Woodlander Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Russia
    About balance: Try to put unused weapons to the trash and you'll get random material each time.

8. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It should be made more clear. I did it a couple of times to try and never new I got any material.

9. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Wishlist of things:

-A checkbox next to each perk indicating you completed each of the difficulties with it, all of which are checked off in one go if you beat the hardest difficulty with it (because if you can beat hardcore with a perk you can obviously do easy).
    -Level-able perks?
    -A basement expansion. Or something sort of underground facility that extends both the gameplay and the story.
    -More monsters/items/materials/etc.
    -More random encounters/occurrences.
    -Different characters.

I'd list more, but I haven't beaten it yet and don't want to suggest something that might be there already. I just know that I like this game and would like to see it expanded.

10. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    So the loading screen shows main character holding a shotgun. Was dissappoint to see nothing but melee weapons in crafting list.

Fun game, but why tease with art of shotguns?

11. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I really liked the game. Haven't beaten it though yet. But journey is more important than destination.

12. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Must admit, I barely glanced at this when the new App Store home page updated, but I'm glad I checked again. This sounds great. I have too many games in the backlog right now - and I'm m just about to start Corpse Party - but this is definitely in my wish list.

13. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I am thinking about this one. Iphone only turn me off, though.

14. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I believe it's universal

15. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I was talking about corpse party.

16. oskieTA

oskieTA Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Completed the game too

Beat the game on normal with the total mess perk and survivalist(let's you max your hunger once) and got a different ending, I think it may have to do with the fact that I
    got all 4 fragments of the photo/newspaper clipping and combined them, was kinda expecting the 2nd ending to come
    I would totally agree that if the materials you had left would show up in the crafting menu it would be great! Another point to add though which I think is helpful is for weapons, instead of showing you what the required stats are, I think it would have been more helpful to show how many points you still require, in order not to get a discount in the attacking values. Though I understand it maybe confusing for new players, I think it could be an option to be toggled and you can choose to show how many points you still need In order to wield that weapon effectively. I think this game has really good base mechanics that can be expanded upon for a even larger game!

17. UnhingedToker

UnhingedToker New Member

Sep 11, 2016
  18. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Wow, I didn't expect this to be so dull. Basically you're not making any interesting decisions whatsoever and you're just going through the motions until you die. Super shallow.

19. oskieTA

oskieTA Member

Jun 24, 2015
    #59 oskieTA, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Played through the game and beat it on normal so I guess I should leave an impression here too!
    I loved the game and thought it was fantastic. I played quite a bit of CDDA:cataclysm and loved that game too and I could say if anyone enjoyed that should totally give this game a try. Would agree that there's a bit of "this war of mine" feeling to it, but there's less demand as there's no timer and you can take your time planning how you move from floors to floors. Haven't encountered any bugs, except it froze for a little but I think there's a pretty good auto save and I got back to where I left off after quiting the app, so I would say the game runs pretty smooth.
    Gameplay wise:
    Here's what it's like, you go from floor to floor and room to room acquiring items that can be used to craft food, weapons, tools(for building furniture/upgrading your room and repairing the elevator), medkits and on the way you'll face a few different kind of enemy types that deals damage differently. Some of those enemies maybe harder to kill and you will need a run and heal strategy to beat them. As you kill enemies you will get levels that give you skill points to allocate to 4 different stats(strength, speed, dexterity and accuracy) all weapons will require you to have certain stats in order to wield them effectively, or you'll have a 33% deduction to the weapons' damage base. Upgrading your stats give you bonuses like critical chance, extra attack chance, dodge chance and also give bonus damage to weapons that requires that stat. So weapons requiring more base stats will actually have added bonuses(if you can meet them). There will be notes and voiced recordings for you to collect along the way and should give you more information on the story. This is all very self explanatory and the game has a good tutorial that gives a pretty good guidance to start you off the game.
    The game can be played in short or long sessions depending on how you want it so I think that pretty good if you wanted to play during commute or if you spent an afternoon on it as well. There's good replayability as you die the first few times. Though I would say once you get the total mess perk, it should give you an edge and you should at least beat it on normal level.
    I find the game's basic mechanics are pretty well made but can even be further expanded!
    things I hope to see in future updates/sequels
    for updates I hope there could be dismantling items to return some materials
    Number of available materials left for crafting shown
    Option to display required stats of weapons in points remaining(like Str(1) would mean you still need 1 more point in Str instead of showing you Str(11))I feel this allows you to better plan the stats you need when you want to craft a certain weapon and easier to decide which weapon you would craft.
    Maybe 1 or 2 more endings?
    For sequel
    I could totally see the same mechanics added to different scenarios, like a underground base where you start at the bottom instead of at the top, could be a lab or some other type of building or an office where you would get more of a certain supplies instead of food.
    Make it a top down RPG game with open world elements(this maybe more challenging but I would totally pay for something like this too)

Those are some of my thoughts
    TL: DR this is an enjoyable game, where people who likes this genre should give it a try and I would love to see more to come for this game

20. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Gonna try total mess on my next run. Thanks for the tip!