Universal SKYHILL (By Daedalic Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 8, 2016.

1. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Not very involved. What you saw in the screen shot is what you get.

That said I am really enjoying it.

One thing to mention though is that easy is just that. Just finished (ending 2) with basically zero challenge.
    Wish I had started on normal.

2. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    #23 Rangerlump, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Finished and exited building. Start new game no perks unlocked?????

Edit: Realized that you have to actually die to unlock perks. Went through on easy and finished...nothing. Started again and died on purpose about level 71 and unlocked about 6 of them.

3. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I bought this having no idea what it was about. Watched no trailer, looked at one screenshot. I was sold on the fact it was premium and had one good impression. And it turns out to be an awesome game with a very unique gameplay premise. Maybe I'll actually start playing a little less Leap Of Fate. Though I love LOF. Highly recommend this title. Well worth your $3.

4. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    #25 Sash-O, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Finished the game on easy level without any problems.
    Unlocked all the available weapons & food, by upgrading the workbench.
    Ending was no. 2 of the 4 different endings. A sad one...

Will give it a new try on normal level.

A good game so far!:)

5. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    I'm pretty happy that this is essentially Buried Town without the freemium garbage and mediocre presentation.

Most runs are destined to end in failure, but it's those rare runs where you get something going and take it further and further and the stakes get higher and higher with each floor passed that the game truly shines.

Definitely worth $3. I'll be playing this one for awhile. I'm sticking to normal though. It'd be a shame to blow through this on easy.

6. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Happy to report that it runs perfectly on the iPad mini 1...so far.

7. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Fun little exploration/crafting/survival simulator, made it to around level 42 of the building on my first run. Of course then I died and everything was lost on my new playthrough aside from several give/take perk choices. Won't be playing this one very much, I guess I'm more a fan of the rogue'a'like hybrids out these days that let you keep afew things you've unlocked during your previous playthrough. I'd of been content with... say your level/talent points surviving to new games heh.

Not a knock against the game, its alot of fun and easy to use.

Oh and the gamecenter is completely unused. No achievements, no leaderboards.

8. Ash_Woodlander

Ash_Woodlander Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Russia
    Good to hear! Thank you!

9. Ash_Woodlander

Jul 19, 2013
    Russia
    That's strange about game center. I'll check it out.

10. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #31 gmattergames, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Seems inline with most rogueish games, limited carryover, etc. My hallmark Roguelike, which I tend to compare any game within the genre is PixelDungeon, in which there are only two carry-overs per class, eight in all. Skyhill seems generous by comparison.

To your point, however, getting to keep room upgrades seems not only logical, but would be a satisfying ease to the grind.

11. IOSgamer1980

Nov 6, 2015
    Nasty bug I've got. I think my autosave game is bugged, causing me to not be able to continue or start a new game on iOS 8.1 on a 5s.

Looks like I'm going to have to wipe and reinstall the game. I was in the middle of my best run too. :(

12. IOSgamer1980

Nov 6, 2015
    Yep. Had to wipe it. Restarting app and even phone wouldn't fix the issue. The game would take a solid minute or two to get to the title screen and then once there none of the buttons worked except the ones that brought you out to Safari for like the dev webpage or social media.

Pretty disappointing.

13. Ash_Woodlander

Jul 19, 2013
    Russia
    Hi! Sorry for that. We'll check it out and try to fix.

14. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I suck at the game. 3 runs and only got to level 77 so far. Lol

15. Ash_Woodlander

Jul 19, 2013
    Russia
    Haha :D You CAN do it!

16. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    This is a terrific game. Definitely getting my money's worth.

17. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    At playing it on pc knew this one was perfect for iOS, worth having it on both platforms.

18. gmattergames

Mar 1, 2013
    Don't forget to upgrade your room. I prioritize the bed, and try not to sleep till I do. 1st upgrade increases heal rate by 50%

19. gmattergames

Mar 1, 2013
    Played through a dozen times or so, all on normal, haven't made it out, but far enough to give imps. Definitely enjoying the game, clean, simple roguish mechanics, really scratches the itch.

Some notable quality of life improvements I'd consider:
    In the crafting view, indicate the quantity of mats on-hand. Quantity shows in inventory mode, should also show in crafting.
    Some runs just don't feel balanced, specifically the distribution of base-line mats. I've gone through 25 floors without finding a single brick, wood, rag, etc, that shouldn't happen.
    Consider allowing the room upgrades to carry over; perhaps one each run. This would be a satisfying ease to the grind.
    There are no compelling passive perks (unlocked 8 or so) the trade-offs are too adverse compared to the benefits. Perhaps there are some dynamics I'm not aware of, but I generally go without.

These are just nitpicks, the game is great, regardless. Cheers