SkyCoaster 3d

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Rohan Dalal, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Shroud

Shroud Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Some Suggestions

I just picked this up and actually having a lot of fun with it.
    Besides what has been said already with the option of adding a track editor or a simple way to customize random generated tracks I would like to see the following.

1. Starting and Ending Station (so you know when the ride starts/ends)
    2. Have the tracks attached to the ground instead of free floating
    3. Ability to sit in the front, middle or back of the roller coaster and have the physics adjust. I.E. If you are in the back of the coaster its more of a pull feeling and in the front its more of a push.
    4. If #3 can be done a view of the coaster itself and maybe a few random generated heads if you are sitting in the middle or back. Maybe even a few arms up in the air when you are going downhill to add a bit of extra realism.

2. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    This is a nice little demo. I like it!

blakespot

3. ziconic

ziconic Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Hey blakespot, thanks for the kind words!

Folks: v1.3 is on its way to Apple, and it includes a frequently requested feature (no, not a track editor -- that's for later :p) - the ability to save and replay tracks! Check out the new UI:

(Btw the Edit button lets you change the order of the tracks and delete them -- like I've said, no track editor yet.)

[​IMG]

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Very nice! Can't wait to give the latest one a whirl!

5. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Looks great! Can't wait for the update :)

6. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    oh wow so cool cant wait for update=D

question thou..how come i always experience icon difference among my apps..

like 3d skycoaster in my itunes has a red cart and the colors are more uhm..solid? while icon on ipod only has a track..and the color looks very faded
    its not only this app..same for pocket god..i dont have that shark icon..and heavy mach..i get some weird black tank against an orange background..looks so much more retarded than the cool art on my itunes

7. ziconic

Feb 13, 2009
    Ah - the iTunes icon can be changed at any time through Apple's portal for developers (iTunes Connect). It uses a 512x512 image, which gives us developers plenty of room to umm express ourselves. The 57x57 app icon you see on the device (and in the app store app) is submitted with the app and cannot be changed unless the developer sends out an update.

SkyCoaster 3D v1.3 will have a nicer looking app icon that matches what you see in iTunes. :)

8. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    ohh i see i see! :) thanks
    looking forward to 1.3

9. ziconic

Feb 13, 2009
    1.3 is out!! :) :) :)

10. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    oh wowwwow id never expected it to be out so fast!! thanks so much im downloading now:D

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Does anyone have a video of the v1.3? I'm interested to see how this app 'plays' like.

12. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    It's a nice update, Z! The menus actually make it easier to navigate to what you want, unlike many other apps where they're cumbersome & clumsy. I'm enjoying this more and more :)

13. TheOnePb

TheOnePb Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Still on school
    Holland
    Suggestions

I really like these suggestions (I really love 1.3, only it doens't really add more content).
    What really needs to be done is this: chains on (wooden) tracks, with sound!:cool:

1.3 was a good update!

What will come next:rolleyes:?

14. ziconic

Feb 13, 2009
    Why, a track editor of course! It's not quite ready yet, but we are eager to show it off: :)

[​IMG]

Mods - once we launch the track editor feature, does that mean that we can classify SkyCoaster as a game? :)

15. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    I kind of like the idea of random-generation-with-control. On desktop coaster sims I've seen, the work required to make a new track is so time-consuming I wouldn't bother! Take the details out of my hands, but still give me track variety. Sounds good to me.

16. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    ohhh thats real nice!! it might depend on the exact features..but i think we could call it a game xD and then more ppl will notice it

17. iPodTouchApplication

iPodTouchApplication Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
  18. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Man, that's looking great!

Will creating a track be an option (along with the existing random AI track)?

19. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Thanks for the video review. I'm sold!

Idea to make it a definite game: a mode where you touch the screen (or something) to accelerate--like Slotz Racer. Accelerate too much and you fall off the track. Too little and you fall off too, or slide backwards, or simply make poor time. Goal: best time you can achieve.

People might not bother with the game aspect much, but it would at least qualify :)

As for me, I don't just like games... I like toys too :)

20. stargazer513

Dec 19, 2008
    ohh good idea for a start! lol @ toys