iPad Skybound, a Tumbleweed Interactive game- get free lite version today!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by havchr, Feb 6, 2009.

1. havchr

havchr Active Member

Jan 12, 2009
    #1 havchr, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Hi! I'm Havchr a co-founder and coder at Tumbleweed Interactive, a small five man independent games company from Norway.

We released a game called Skybound in late December. Feedback has been positive from users, but not that many people know about its existence yet.

Featured on tuaw
    We just got featured on tuaw. Makes me very happy and proud, check it out here

So to rectify that we have just released a lite version so that more people can play our game. :)

Update, review code giveaway:
    Claim your review code today, we have some to give out.
    PM me to get a review code, I will change the thread title when we've run out. Sorry, we have run out of codes. Thanks all for the interest in our game. Those who didn't get one, we urge you to try out the lite version for a free spin.

In short, the game is this;
    The objective is to bounce a ball upwards using a line of clouds that appear at your fingertips. Along the way you will encounter both obstacles and powerups, which make your journey all the more interesting.

Online highscores adds value to competitive players

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    a boss mode is included

[hqyoutube]jwfUwNVdNsA[/hqyoutube]

Skybound appstore link

Skybound lite appstore link

http://skybound.tumbleweedinteractive.com

We hope you like our game, and we're really excited to hear what you think!

Also, if you beat my score on normal mode, I will have to play obsessively until I can reclaim my fame. ;)

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Cool, nice update and gratz on the lite version hope it goes well ;) :rolleyes: :D :cool:

3. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Downloading lite now :)

4. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    This is a fantastic game, have enjoyed it for awhile now.

I hope the lite version does the developer well, this game deserves more recognition.

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I like the lite version but I feel like the full version is a bit too expensive. I just got Virtual Villagers over this.

6. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Thanks for the heads up. I have been wondering how could I miss the lite version when I checked AppShopper daily.

7. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    looks interesting, i'll have to check it out! Thanks for posting, otherwise i'd never have known about it!

8. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Lite version is sweet, it's hard to drop 2.99 on the regular version, ah I'm up in the air

9. havchr

havchr Active Member

Jan 12, 2009
    To those that like the lite version, but feel the proper version is too expensive, what would impulse buy price be?

We're new to this whole price setting thing. It's hard.

We hope to earn enough to be able to make new games for the iPhone. Since we do not have any investor money, we have to rely on app sales to be able to make it. Fingers crossed :)

10. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #10 Donburns99, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
    While I love this game, I personally feel $1.99 would be more of a fair price, with $0.99 being your sale price whenever you hold one.

You have sales figures though, the game was $0.99 for quite awhile. If the $2.99 increase kills your sales, then you know what you should do. If your sales are fine, then stay where you are. ^ ^

I wish you guys the best, I really dig your art style.

11. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I'm just a consumer so I'm not sure how it all works, so maybe this would seem dumb, but I would do a sale on it for a few days at 99 cents and really publacize for it, once some people get it at that price it will start that chain reaction to buy it when you bring it back up, which I would bring it to 1.99 just because it's a lot easier for people to spend that then 2.99, that's just my idea and it looks like a lot of developers take that route

12. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    I grabbed this game when it was on sale for $1, and it has proven to be amazing! I play it all the time (especially Boss mode, which offers more variation than the Normal mode).

The graphics and gameplay made me choose this over Up There, and I haven't regretted it for a moment :D

Note for havchr: I really like the background graphics in the update, but the new menus are kind of jarring to the eyes! The scrolling/jumping/shaking clouds menu at the start, and the score box after each game (which flies in, then off screen, then in again?!? or shakes so much that you can't read it :confused:) is kind of jarring! Maybe simper animations would work better and be more consistent with the feel of the game? (E.g, if they just scrolled up/down like the game does, it would be easier & quicker to access?? Just a suggestion.)

Off to play some more!

13. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    I already got Up There. I think I'll bought this game after trying out the lite version.

14. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Grabbed it when it was $0.99. That was a friggin' steal. One of the games that is always on my iTouch (alongside Up There, PapiJump+, and the racers).

I think you'd do well to sell it at $1.99, and drop to $0.99 periodically.

15. havchr

havchr Active Member

Jan 12, 2009
    First off, thanks for all the positive feedback! :)
    When it comes to the menu interface, we'll see if we can do some tweaks so it's less busy.

After discussing it internally , we've decided to set the price to 1.99 , making it even more of an impulse buy. So if you almost bought it at 2.99 , now you can go pick it up!

I hope to see some of you high up on the highscore list. Drop a message if you reach top 10. Also, if number one on boss highscore is on this forums, I'd love to chat with him/her, I've been trying to beat that score for weeks :D

16. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Downloading your lite version now...

while i do, i thought i'd say something about pricing... it's not that $2 or $3 is a lot to spend on a game, most people spend 2x or 3x that on lunch! I think that well, a game may entertain me for 10-30 minutes, then it's worth it compared to time spent eating or whatever... it's not really that much $$$

That being said, you have to realize that I have my credit card hooked up to my account. I feel like a lot of users, probably those with iTouches, just go by what's on their gift card credit, and thus they have a much tighter schedule or budget....

I'd be very interested to see games/apps bought by iPhone users to those with iPod Touches... i bet there would be a notable difference!

Ok well with one post i've downloaded and played the Easy level of your lite version, and I had fun with that! I love the menus and am having fun testing the lite version out... well I'm off to play that some more and test out this new Sim City update! Ciao

17. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    I've tried the Lite version and I must say that I enjoy a bit of it. But seeing the price tag as $1.99 I might hold my horses. Really wish the price would drop to $0.99. Been purchasing a lot apps lately with reduced price soon after the day I bought it.

18. preuve

preuve Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Awesome. It's incredible how a simple idea can produce such a great game. I've definitely got it on my list to buy.

19. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Got the lite version yesterday and it really underlined my apprehension. I have to get this game! :)

While the principle is not exactly new, i really love those kind of Games. (anybody know Machiavelli's Ascent?)

20. havchr

havchr Active Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I will try and get Machiavelli's Ascent tonight on my 360 if I get the time.

I just found out, there's a new highscore on boss. , PierreXG at 40055 , is it someone from here?