Universal Sky Tourist - (by Alexander Lading) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. 3leggedegg

3leggedegg Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    No problem! We just can't stand and watch a real "NASA dude" being abused by our evil little aliens :)

2. 3leggedegg

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks man! We really appreciate it!

3. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    Planet Platory/6: It's impossible for me to pass these four driller type of things at the beginning of the level.

Attached Files:

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This former rocket scientist is embarrassed that I failed to figure out the trick without help. NASA just came and took back my propeller beanie cap ;-)

I just left a well deserved 5 star review in appreciation of your support here.

5. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #85 Matt33, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    If you hug against the wall, the first drill becomes irrelevant. Then it's a matter of trying to get past the 3 when the first of them goes up. You want to have a slightly downward angle as you move to the right, so you slide along the bottom surface and put the most space between you and the drills.

-----

Devs- there is an issue with invisible static buildings/boundaries on Platory 16.

In this photo I'm actually up against a wall to my right and the drill seems to be sticking out of air.
    [​IMG]

And in this photo there is a ceiling above me that isn't visible.
    [​IMG]

I haven't been to the area at the top of the screen, but it looks like there are more issues above. I'm running the game on an ipod touch 5.

EDIT: So this is weird, the next time I played this level, everything appeared normal.

6. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Could someone please help me with getting the color crystal on level 7? Thanks.

7. rco

rco Member

Aug 16, 2012
    I think the controls need another coat of polish. I appreciate that the secs have tried to do something new, but I've hit the middle of Plumia 11 (I think you know where), and I'm not having fun any more. I can see exactly what I need to do, but it looks like I will take another 5-10 attempts before I'm lucky enough to do it without snapping my lines.

Yeah, that's where fun goes to die.

8. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Any tips getting the key on the last level of the first stage (level 25 of Plumia)? I can't figure out how to get that block down to where it will block the critter's gunfire above the key. I am so glad that at least I can still proceed to later levels.

9. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    There's 2 rotating paddles below the crystal part. There's a flat one, and one with a 90 degree angle. Tip the left side of the flat one up so that you can go left through the 90 degree one and above the now tilted flat one. That way the crystal doors won't get locked up and you can go straight in.

The part with the 2 rocks placed on the propeller? And you're slowly moving to the right side of the left rock and pushing it off the propeller?

Flip both of the top paddles up completely so that they don't fall down after. Turn the double-sided paddle vertical. Flip the 2 paddles down now to form a bridge to push the rock over.

10. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thank you for the game solution, Matt33!

11. intrepid

intrepid Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Left 5 star review. Great game, only up to level 10 so far.

12. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    #92 B30, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    Thanks for your help, I'll finally made it. #

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #93 mr_bez, Jul 29, 2013
    Just had a revelatory moment with the controls. I've been playing on my 4S using my thumbs, but just tried using my index fingers with the phone on my desk and I can be so much more precise!

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sky Tourist was successfully nominated to be included in Game of the Week voting on Touch Arcade forums. Voting occurs at the link below. Developers may not vote for their own game. New user votes subject to review.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2917013

15. 3leggedegg

Apr 24, 2013
    Wow! We didn't follow the nomination process, so we are truly surprised and honored that you voted up Sky Tourist to this poll! And with the most votes!
    Thank you very much!
    Now we can hardly wait for the results! :)

16. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #96 one.sixty.four, Jul 29, 2013
    ok, I worked it out thanks to sanuku's video. thanks for the help everybody!

17. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Definite and worthy Game Of The Week winner, in my opinion! Good luck! :)

18. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    #98 BrettArchibald, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    I have a question for the game developers (or anyone else who may know the answer):
    On each planet's sub-screen, where we can see 5 levels at a time, and also where we can see the 5 souvenirs that have been picked up, should we assume that it's always one souvenir per level?
    I ask because I've completed planet 1, levels 6-10, but I've only got 4 souvenirs. I didn't see the souvenir seller on level 10. Is he on there somewhere? If so, don't tell me where, but just confirm yes or no. Thanks.

EDIT: Doh! Never mind, I just found him! :)

19. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    I've asked it before but is there actually not a wayfor developers to be specific in the requirements section? 1-star reviews make me sad :(

20. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Unfortunately a hard reset didn't fix the lag for me on the iPad2, I've tried several times. So many deaths from this lag where it'll suddenly jerk up or down and snap the rope. Not saying all deaths are because of this, just most of them ;). I know not everyone has this problem but i'm hoping a fix will be out soon. I'm still persevering however as I really like the game, I'm currently stuck on level 8. (Any hints for that level?)