Universal Sky Tourist - (by Alexander Lading) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. JohnPaulGrim

JohnPaulGrim New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    It would be great if you didn't have to worry about getting traped inside the folding bridges: (cant come up with a better name for them)
    They are very touchy sometimes they move the way their supposed too and others they just refuse to give and snap you over and over.
    Maybe an arrow or some sort of color visualization to help you know which way they are meant to turn.
    Other then that this games great just hate getting stuck inside bridges and having to restart over and over cus they got caught on the edge of another bridge flap thing....damn I hope I'm making sense lol

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Indicators will give the puzzle away, so i would not want that at all.

Never had a problem with any of the hinged obstacles. Can you point out which stage you had problems with the "bridges?"

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Absolutely loving the game. Such a fresh breath of air into the puzzle/platforming genre.

But I wanted to mention to the devs that I too had the same issue on Level 4. Everytime I would approach the totems, the string would turn red and break. Kept repeating the level....kept happening. Closed the game and came back and hour later and got through it on the first try. So I think there is some sort of bug in that level that pops up at times. There's nothing at all that should be preventing the final movement into the area where the totems are.

Anyway, this is currently my GoTW and glad I gave it a try as I wasn't sure I'd like it at first glance of the screenshots/video.

4. That is a pretty big honor.

5. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    It's so laggy to be played on iPad 2 at the first time... A restart didn't change anything, then I tried hard reset. Luckily, it's worked.... Only played 10 levels so far... :)

6. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    #66 BrettArchibald, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    Just bought the game. LOVING it so far on my iPhone 5. Unfortunately the iPad I have is only a 1st-gen, so I've not had a chance to play it on the big screen.
    I found the "non-standard" controls VERY easy to get into - the only teeny tiny issue I have (which might just be me - and the hot weather we're having at the moment), but I found my sweaty thumbs tended to "stick" to the screen a little too much for the very small and subtle thumb-sliding movements required. :p

EDIT: Actually, one other thing I'd like to see is for the number of cubelets picked up to be displayed in the HUD as a number versus the total number in the level - like X of Y or X/Y, rather than just X.

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    You can't really blame the dev for your sweaty hands/the weather! :)

Good shout about the number of cubelets though, at least on your second playthrough.

8. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    ok, I bought it. very good so far! I'm really liking it!

9. amaurote

amaurote Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    this game looks very cool
    congrats to the developers!

10. 3leggedegg

3leggedegg Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    #70 3leggedegg, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    We need your help!

Hi guys!

First we wanted to say thanks again for the kind words and for the incredibly supporting environment what you form here on TA! You are great!

Right now we are struggling with quite a lot bad reviews and most of them gives us 1 stars for start-up crashes we are not responsible for. They basically try to run Sky Tourist on too old devices we unfortunately can't support.
    We already contacted Apple to change the minimum hardware requirements they attached to the Sky Tourist App Store page. We are still waiting for the response...

But this is a very pressing problem to us! We are afraid that more than a year's work will go to waste because of a misunderstanding!

It would be so nice of you if you could give us some positive reviews in the App Store and help us convince those misled users that they blame us for something impossible.

This is all we can ask and hope for now. There's unfortunately no way to make this game run on an iPad 1 or an iPhone 3GS so no update would help with this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

11. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    i'll go give it a 5-star right now. :) i can't believe that people don't read the the all-caps description warning headline. its a shame.

12. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    ok, I'm stuck on level 7. can anyone please help me? I can't get the color crystal and open the totems. thanks!

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    You have one L shaped lever you have to go through quickly and then push it back down before it flips up just before you get to the puzzle piece.

14. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I figured out that part but I'm stuck there. thanks for your help, though

15. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    5-starred on the UK App Store. :)

16. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Does anyone have any tips for eliminating the little critters that attach to your line and break it after a few seconds? I am really getting frustrated by these guys. I am currently on level 19. I have encounters a number of this type of obstacle prior to that. In some cases, it took a lot of tries to get by them. I am giving up after encountering them on level 19.

I much prefer the pure puzzle aspects of the game over any timing type obstacles.

17. 3leggedegg

Apr 24, 2013
    Hi

You just have to quickly run over it with your helmet lock and the critter will fall down. :)

18. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks so much for the quick response! That works perfectly and removes my concern about timing puzzles up to the point I have reached in the game. I probably used the method you suggest earlier without realizing it as well as knocking loose blocks against the critters in some cases.

19. 3leggedegg

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks guys for those heart-warming 5 star reviews you gave us!

But please don't stop now! We need more to push back those unfortunate crash reports we are innocent of! :(

20. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Left a 5 star review on the US store. Hope our reviews are helping, I'd hate to see a quality game suffer because of illiteracy and/or idoicy

Loving Sky Tourist btw