Universal Sky Tourist - (by Alexander Lading) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. 3leggedegg

3leggedegg Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    #41 3leggedegg, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    Hello again!

ohyesuare and kie: Our tests says that - despite Apple's description - Sky Tourist will only run well on iPhone 4 and newer gens and on iPad 2 and newer gens.
    Regarding the iPods: we will look into optimizing it further to the iPod 4th gen.
    But we cannot promise that it will run on it yet. This game relies on memory a lot and that particular iPod has half the memory of the iPhone 4 which is the basic model we aimed for. On the 5th gen iPod it runs smoothly!

Bronxsta: the answer to your problem is closely related to the above. Iphone4's memory is fine until you don't have too many programs in the multitask bar. Try closing the ones you don't need. You should have a way smoother experience then. And of course a device restart can help a lot too!
    Other than that I'd like to ensure you that further optimization is very high on our task list!

Exact-Psience & TheFrost: Thanks for the praise! We are really glad that you like it that much! :)

TheFrost: Yeah, you are right that that's not enough info for the cubelets pack. It's actually 10.000 cubelets! We will clarify that in the very first update!

2. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Thanks for making the game universal and not separate iphone and ipad versions!

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Was planning to grab this on release tonight, but I'll wait for an update that adds more device compatibility first. :)

4. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I'm frustrated. How in hell do I finish level 4?? As soon as I want to move the character to the final portal I die :confused:

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Stop close to the totems, and the puzzle piece you picked up will move to open the way for you. :)

I hope thats the 4th stage. ;)

6. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Thanks EP, there was no puzzle piece (it's in level 5) but I finally finished level 4 :D i still don't know why I failed at least 10 times right before the totems.

7. NarrowStreet

NarrowStreet Well-Known Member

Really interesting gameplay, beautiful graphics, little bit slower on iphone 4 but definitely worth give a 99 cents for this game. I can only recommend!

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Well worth it so far (6 levels in).

One very minor improvement I'd suggest is that the Don't Die star should still be awarded if you died before the first checkpoint. You start again from scratch, so seems a shame to penalise players for not hitting the restart button when they've completed the level in one go.

9. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The puzzles start getting quite interesting around level 6 or 7. Although I am still early in the game, I am loving this so far.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Most puzzles involve trial and error to figure out which path to take first, or which "obstacles" to move first and stuff like that... Everything's just well done in this game.

I cant even think of a bad thing to say outside of having a new and unfamiliar control scheme which was easy to adapt to.

11. 3leggedegg

3leggedegg Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Hey mr_bez!
    You are absolutely right about your suggestion. Thanks! This was actually thoroughly discussed and expect it to work like this from the first update of Sky Tourist!

12. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Nice first review
    4/5 from 148Apps - http://www.148apps.com/reviews/sky-tourist-review/

13. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I was telling my wife earlier this week that my interest in games was starting to die. And then this beautiful masterpiece popped up. I am so impressed with the creativity of gameplay, actually designing for touch screens, the gorgeous game art, and the complexity of the puzzles, all without using timers.

I've played several good games this year, but I think this just might be the best so far.

14. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I don't know if I should pick this up.Already have too many games.Just bought Vice City.
    What's special about this game.

15. woutibara

woutibara Active Member

Jan 15, 2011
    I really love this game's style and mechanics, but it's hard! I die a lot, even in the first levels.

16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Weird quote. Sounds like a retrospective rather than a review. Fully deserved though.

17. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    This is MY game of the week, interesting new controls and an absolutely adorable art style. It's definitely worth the money!

18. KillingCartoon

KillingCartoon Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm having a hard time with the controls, I can't find a good level of sensitivity, I keep getting a burst of over sensitive movements which usually cases me to get stuck and die. I've been playing quite a while, I'm in the top 10 on Game Center, so I've given it a fair chance before passing comment. As the levels become more complex I find I'm battling with the controls, and dieing when I've moved somewhere I didn't intend

19. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I really like this game too, the artwork and controls are really well done. I've only done the first four levels but I think I'm going to have to leave it at that for now, as much as I want to play it. I'm experiencing quite a lot of lag as well which really takes the fun out of it. I have an ipad 2, closed all apps properly and restarted the ipad but to no avail.

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    This game has become a classic and have earned a privileged spot on my first games page (the best games kind of page)