Universal Sky Tourist - (by Alexander Lading) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 24, 2013.

1. NZer

NZer Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I.T Tutor
    New Zealand

Thanks for that, downloading now :)

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Nice to see devs in the forums. Thanks for the answers. I have to wait till 11 but I'm happy I didn't overlook this game. Puzzle "platformers" are right up my alley, especially games that use the touch screen in a unique way

I always ask this, but do you plan on updating with more content such as new levels and other additions?

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dooooooood.

Much better than i expected. The controls may need a little getting used to (mostly because it's a new control scheme that abuses this games fantastic controls physics), but once you get that down, this game is pretty good, can get hectic at key moments, and the exploration to get all those cubes multiplies the fun.

The controls may seem awkward at first, but they actually got this spot-on.

The graphics are beautiful and sharp, and it isnt to cutesy to make Jason Statham cry. Sounds are adorable and catchy, so all is well in those departments as well.

Gameplay is simply superb. No time limits mean you can take your time exploring and figuring out puzzles, while making sure you get your timing right, and all the while the game's mechanics makes all this effort a fun romp-through.

Cant say anything wrong about the game except the totally new control scheme which needs a getting used to (but what new control scheme isnt?), which isnt really a bad thing considering the controls become natural only after a short while.

So far, i've played this and Riptide GP from my purchases today, and im really happy with both of them.

4. Bronxsta

^^^
    Sounds awesome. I was saving for Monster Adventures but there's no set release for that game yet so it looks like I'll be getting Sky Tourist tonight

So replay is collecting all cubes? Completing levels faster?

5. 3leggedegg

3leggedegg Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Definitely yes! We already working on new levels! ;)

6. 3leggedegg

3leggedegg Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Huh, thanks Exact-Psience for the kind words!

Bronxta: Time is not a key factor in our game, but believe me, on many levels it will be very hard to get 3 stars. FYI: you get one for completing the given level, another one for doing it without dying and the last one for collecting all the cubelets (there are quite a few hidden ones)

7. Bronxsta

Great. I love when stars aren't strictly for time, but actually getting better at the level.

I'm sold. Will post my impressions tonight

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sort of. Each Stage has 3 stars (objectives) you need to achieve to obtain them. They are Get Through, Dont Die, and Pick up all cubelets.

The puzzles actually start at stage 6 of the first world. There are 25 stages in the first world, and there are 3 worlds. I cant check out the stages in world 2 and 3 yet, but if the first is any indication, 75 stages for this is a good number.

For me, this is the best unique puzzler since Contre Jour. It should at least belong to the top physics puzzle games on iOS, right beside Contre Jour, Where's My Water, Feed Me Oil and Cut the Rope to name a few.

9. Bronxsta

That's some high praise. I loved Contre and Where' My Water. Now I'm very hyped. Eights hours to go

10. ohyesuare

ohyesuare Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    This crashes at the loading screen for the first level on my 3GS and iPod 4G.

11. kie

kie Active Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ditto on my Ipad 1

12. KillingCartoon

KillingCartoon Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm reading this thread while waiting for the game to go live in the UK, should be any min now, really looking forward to this and it's only been on my radar since this afternoon

13. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Available in Germany, downloading now.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Forgot to mention that the controls are relative-touch for each rocket on its side. :)

You dont have to actually drag the rockets, which makes for a better experience as you arent forced to look at where you are touching.

15. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #35 TheFrost, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    I will endorse Exact-Psience and say that this game is fantastic. Another AppStore gem to add to the list people. E-P described it pretty accurately: controls that are good but are new and need to get used to, great "platforming", gets tougher eventually, great music and controls and so on... Get it now :p

Edit: Details: 194mb installed, GameCenter with leaderboards and achievements, relative touch controls, turn of music and or sfx, 75 level, 4 costumes, 4 gear (750, 900, 1050 and 1200 cubelets respectively every item under both categories), you seem to get a lot of cubelets which is the currency,... IAP: There is a "Get More" icon on the shop main menu, you tap it and it says "Do you want to buy a Cubelets pack for 0,99?", how many Cubelets? Isn't clear at all.

16. Bronxsta

I'm already sold on the game, just waiting till 11, but more positive impressions are always great

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    With Bloodmasque being an online-only game, this is looking to be my GotW without contest. I do enjoy Bloodmasque though, so that remains to be determined.

18. Bronxsta

Out in the US yet?

19. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Might just be a case of something not clicking for me, but I am simply not having any fun with this one at all.

20. Bronxsta

Only on the first levels but I wanted to say that I'm experiencing quite a bit of lag. I'm playing on iPhone 4