Universal Sky Force Reloaded (by Infinite Dreams)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeterID, Jun 1, 2016.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I don't get all the excitement over this, the economy of the game is so unbalanced, the grind is nuts! Yes it has nice graphics and the gameplay could have been there if it wasn't ruined by the overall free to play shenanigans. And that's the real shame.

2. Bivis

Bivis Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Mobile App and Game Developer
    São Paulo, Brazil
    It's time to download it!

3. User53

User53 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Game is awesome! After a lot of playing I have beat levels 1-7 and have unlocked insane on the first couple.

Anyone figure out how to get past the force field on level 5 without disabling your weapons? One of the achievements is to destroy all towers on level 5 so I know it is possible. I am starting to wonder if one of the ships you collect has a special ability that helps. Will keep working on it.

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Seconded.

5. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    For the life of me I can't figure out how to buy a coin doubler in this. And yet I see a button to restore purchases.

Anyone figure out where in the game you buy the IAP?

6. User53

User53 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    You have to play for a while. This frustrated me too. I understand not bombarding people with IAP but disabling it to a certain point in the game for features like a doubler and no ads seems odd. I know plenty of people that would play this and notice there is not a store for no ads or a doubler and just uninstall the game. It unlocked for me after either earning/spending 1000-1500 stars or getting all objectives on the first level.

7. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Never mind, I read in the thread you just need to keep playing for it to open up...

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just got the final blueprint for the Swift Justice fighter!

It adds to health and speed!

This game rocks.

Billy

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #89 LordShad0wz, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Gihubb,

There are amazing artwork and graphics sets. Customizable controls. Excellent gameplay. Lots of upgrades. Other fighters with different attributes to unlock. Collectible cards that give you bonuses. The levels are done fantastically and are fun and intense.

There is the ability to share with your friends and send each other ship parts and stars. Add me on Gamecenter and let's do this!

There are decently priced options to remove ads, double stars, and make it so you don't have to wait for fighters to be built. It makes the game premium. The economy isn't unbalanced at all. If you play further you'll make a lot more stars especially with the doubler.

I don't see why you are so down about the game. It's awesome.

Billy

10. Rothgarr

Dec 19, 2010
    Thanks!

11. User53

User53 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    I think you read that wrong buddy! It adds to speed, but subtracts health! I have both that and the Iron Clad which does the opposite, adds health but subtracts speed. ;)

Game does still rock.

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Lol I better change fighters. That explains why I'm insta dying on level 5 hahahahahaa!

Billy

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Ok I'll give it another shot - you make a compelling case! My GC name is GiHub if you would like to add me (i.e. one less "b" then my forum nick)

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I personally still think AirAttack 2 is the better of the 2, but this is easily still one of the best in the genre, and this is currently my go-to game.

15. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Quite agree! Even this is a total blast and visually impressive for some reason the actual gameplay on Air Attack 2 feels more satisfying. One way or an other this one is still a fantastic game to lose a lot of hours!

16. User53

User53 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    So I finally beat level 8 and was quite sad that it did not unlock a fourth difficulty level of nightmare mode. I thought beating the final stage unlocked it in the first game. Does anyone remember?

I cant get 4 stars on first difficulty on all levels because of number 5. As of now there is no way to go untouched.

17. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Totally agree about AirAttack 2

18. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    This game has nice visuals but I don't know, it feels kind of monotone and looks a lot like the first game. When I launched it and played a couple of levels I was like "been there, done that" It is very grindy as well.

AirAttack 2 is definitely a better game, everything about it felt better, the soundtrack, the different camera angles, the daily challenges and friend system etc.

19. User53

User53 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    I also agree with Air Attack 2 being a great game. The downside is that developer appears to have stopped supporting it already. There have been a couple bugs in that game that the developer admitted to way back in January and still no update was done to it. Try contacting them and you get no response at all unfortunately. Sad to see a quality premium game seemingly abandoned. I hope that is not the case, but appears to be.

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Also agree with Air Attack 2. Honestly, I think AA2 was way underpriced and fear they didn't make enough on it for continuing support. I always thought they should have charged at least triple the original $1.99.