Sky Force Anniversary (by Infinite Dreams)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PeterID, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    a great game deserves a great trailer!
    still gearing up the new gameplay for the worldwide release.

@peter, btw, I'm getting a notification update for sky force on my nz account. is this version the same with the worldwide release on june 5?

2. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Aaaaaaand here it is!

@redribbon: The version you see in the store is our fail-safe version. It's slightly rebalanced, with additional stages, but no IAPs implemented yet. We've submitted another version yesterday, but can't be sure it makes it through the approval process before June 5. In which case it will probably be a day-one update.

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The graphics look great, i know it controls well. Is there an IAP to 'buy' the game ? Are the timers not so evil ?

Graphically the games amazing, its like a real proper upgrade from the old Sky Force. Looking forward to trying the final version as i'm a huge fan of shoot em ups

4. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    We've decided to go with the following IAPs:
    - Precious Cargo - pack of 5000 stars, $0.99, consumable
    - SX2 - Star Doubler, $1.99 restorable
    - Plane Generator - speeds up plane production (30x), $1.99, restorable
    - Ads Removal - $1.99, restorable

The Premium Pass has transformed into Plane Generator. We've had a lenghty talk about it and some concerns arose that it could give the impression of Sky Force 2014 being just a demo version without it, which we don't belive is the case here. So, we've made the planes regenerate super fast, up to 2 minutes. At this point you literally need to die on the first enemy all the time, to actually use the planes up. You can also accumulate 20 planes, instead of 10.
    We've decided to leave the upgrade timers. Since the planes limit is practically unnoticable, there's nothing blocking you from getting a few more stars. But if you feel it's still to slow - there's Star Doubler for you.
    Also, for the progress to be a bit easier, we've lowered the prices of the Main Cannon (50% less for the first ten upgrades) and slightly lowered the health of the enemies on the default difficulty level. No IAPs needed for that.
    The rest of the merchandise is pretty straight forward. As you can see, we don't have multiple star amounts to buy, simply because we don't belive that paying $99.99 for virtual currency is a "best deal" for anyone.
    So, that's our reasoning behing the IAPs, if anyone is interested :)

For those of you who managed to read through, I have 5 promo codes for the current version. If you don't have an account on the New Zealand, Australian or Canadian App Store, PM me for a code.

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
  6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer

i think i just wait for the IAP version and buy all the IAP and make the new gameplay,lol :p , its kinda hard to keep back to previous stage just to collect stars and spent it in no time just to buy bombs, lasers.

7. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011