Sky Force Anniversary (by Infinite Dreams)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PeterID, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm okay with pixelated graphics ! The updated graphics sound great just i hope its not a huge crazy filesize.

But happy to wait, looking forward to playing it

2. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #42 PeterID, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hello again!

Sky Force Anniversary is coming along quite well. While we still need some time to create a few more levels and add some final polish, we're planning to do a soft-launch in the New Zealand App Store. Our initial build is almost ready for submission, so it's probably a matter of week, or two, before the game hits the store.

As for the worldwide release, we're currently targetting June/July, which should give us enough time to fine-tune the game based on community feedback and soft launch data. As always, I'll be happy to answer any questions regarding the beta/soft-launch, as well as the ones generally related to the game.

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

p.s. Not to leave you without some fresh material from the game, here's an animated gif of an exploding battlecruiser, with higher resolution image attached to the post.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Those new shots look fantastic. What is the monetization scheme?

4. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    Currently the game is FREE with ads. We're still exploring some other possibilities, but we want the testers to help us make the decision based on how they enjoy the game in its current state.

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #45 redribbon, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    free with ads? how you guys make money out of it coz some players can just easily turn on the aiplane mode and start playing w/o any ads. my suggestion is give the first 2 stages for free and IAP to unlock the full game(similar to cordy) but state this in the beginning of your info page with 18 font size with BOLD, just to avoid some stupid gamers that always think free means they can get all the levels without paying and leave one star on your review page.
    im an old beta tester of infinite dreams since jelly defence(arguably one of the best and cutest tower defense out there), so yes, if allowed, I'm ready to jump into the wagon one more time.

ps. the animation of the plane when moving left or right, can you make it more fluid? like the plane body is also moving into the same direction its told

6. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    Hi, redribbon. Yes, FREE with ads may seem a little suicidal at the moment, but I did say we're looking into other possibilities.
    First and foremost - we want people to enjoy our game. As many of them as possible. We don't want to scare anyone off with aggressive IAPs or put them agains the wall saying: "Pay up or stop playing". We belive we can find a middle ground here, but we need some opinions from outside. That's why we're proceeding with the soft-launch and beta tests.

As for the plane's movement - it's super-fluid. It tilts nicely to the sides, with a slight bounce before it stabilizes. The low-framerate gif simply isn't the best way to show this.

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

7. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    whatever decision you made guys, i wish for the best happened. just count me in on the beta team. thank you.

8. Aravon17

Aravon17 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2014
    #48 Aravon17, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Oh man, this looks like a Day 1 Must Have!

Never played the original. Would be cool if you could pause the game at any given moment and rotate around and enjoy the views like the video of the Lighthouse scene. So epic!

9. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    #49 PeterID, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Edit: The beta group is closed.

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

10. Aravon17

Aravon17 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2014
    PM sent!

11. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    This looks really fun and I need a good shmup to play again but I'd rather wait until the final version is ready and then throw my money at it

12. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    While waiting for the approval, let me throw some more images at you!
    Here's another GIF:
    [​IMG]
    You can shoot these ships one by one, or you can burn them with laser. Picture attached :)

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

Attached Files:

13. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  14. 4004

4004 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Belarus
    Wow, to po prostu super! I was actually thinking about ID remaking their classic titles from Symbian, and here it is! Any hope you might be working on something akin(since Nokia/Microsoft has the rights) to HO:CotD?

15. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
  16. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    Depending on where you live (or the AppStore acount you have) you can download it now, or somewhere around June/July. Currently the game is only available in New Zealand and Australia and it's free.

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

17. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    First beta impresions:
    Visual impresion 5, gameplay 5, controls 5(one finger to move plane), dificulty 2 (to hard in compare with original), timers for upgrades 1 (timers for upgrades).
    All in all in this phase looks like its going to be freemuim, but there is a chance for a premium upgrade to be added via iap (depends how other testers will react on this). Thats it for now.

18. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Agree with above. Difficulty requires you to grind (repeat levels) unnecessarily. This breaks the flow of the game. The ads and timers further ruin what would otherwise be an amazing game. I wish it was premium game. It's freemium design sucks

19. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey, TouchArcade!

Sky Force has a worldwide release date!
    June 5, 2014

We're polishing some things up for the final release and will be submitting the binary next week. Among other changes since the beta we got professional voice overs for the characters.

Also:
    [​IMG]

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

20. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey TA!
    Later today we'll be releasing a trailer for Sky Force 2014. While there's still some work to be done with it, we'd like to share two more GIFs with you:
    [​IMG]
    This one shows how great the trees react to a shockwave from an explosion.

[​IMG]
    Here a battle with one of the bosses is coming to an end.

That's it for now, keep an eye for the trailer!

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.