Apple TV Sky Force 2014

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by Pelted, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Pelted

Pelted New Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Since game discovery is such junk for the AppleTV right now just a heads up for anyone who loves this style game. Sky Force 2014 is on the AppleTV app store and it's been a fun couple of days playing through most of this with a controller. It does not have all the in-app purchase junk that the iOS version has, just play, upgrade, and play some more. This is a near perfect casual game.

2. olon97

olon97 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Played the heck out of the iOS version. Great game.

3. s.ennis

s.ennis Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Thanks for the heads up, we need more AppleTV posts like this.

Is this universal? If not, how much? (Away for work, so won't be with my ATV for a while.)

4. Meijiface

Meijiface Member

Nov 4, 2015
    china
    really cool app! me and my brother will play it together, it so cool :eek:

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

The iOS app is universal but does NOT include tvOS (Apple TV).

$/€ 4.99.

The iOS app is free and has IAPs worth around $ 7. Will try first and decide later.

6. Simoqsa

Simoqsa Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    I've played this game on iphone and I liked it. Apple TV version is also fun especially with two players if you have a controller.

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have only found three of these shumps on Apple TV so far: this, Phoenix and Operation Dracula X. I hope those Cave shumps get ported.

8. CyrusG

CyrusG Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Unbelievable game. I've played around 20 or so Apple TV games so far (including many that are paid) and I've spent 90% of my time playing Sky Force. Excellent gameplay, replayability and graphics for a reasonable price. I'm overjoyed that there are no in-app payments -- I would've never spent a cent on IAP, but I gladly spent $3 (or whatever it is) on this app.

My ONLY complaint is it's not universal. I appreciate this was likely done because the iOS version is free-to-play, so these two different economies would likely not playing well together. I can't help but wish that I could continue progress on my phone and compete with all my friends that are playing the iOS version.