Universal Sky Force 2014 (by Infinite Dreams)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeterID, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Leind

Leind Member

Aug 31, 2014
    Also, I sometimes got killed in nightmare just because of the delay between removing the stylus from the screen and activating the shield or the mega bombs.. Sometimes it seems to take longer, and even in slow motion some turrets and the copters missiles come fast. It should be nice to have an option to have some buttons to activate the powerup, on the top of the screen for example

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #1422 Intendro, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    Is there a reason you can't just make a small update that changes the card drop rate?
    I mean, I'm just wondering. I don't mean to sound accusatory. :eek:

Are we going to get more upgrades eventually?
    More health? (For one thing, enemy missiles are extremely painful on Nightmare difficulty.)
    More wing cannons? (The diagonal shots still seem weak.)

Turns out I only have 3 cards left. :eek:
    But it's been quite a while to get there. :eek:

Attached Files:

3. Phill_UK

Phill_UK Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Working for a living
    England
    Those were the last 2 cards I needed, and I finally got them both on 6 nightmare.

4. shieraz

shieraz Member

Nov 15, 2014
    #1424 shieraz, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    Thanks. I will try that. :)

Edit: Had to do about 15 runs ... got card 19 as well as 2 medals for untouched and rescue all people! yay!

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I'm beginning to think my problem is my skill level with regard to the card drops... I can manage insane in Stages 1-2, but beyond that? Not so much.

Perhaps that's why I'm averaging +- and hour of play daily and not seeing cards for the past month?

DBC

6. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    #1426 DBrown519, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    If anyone wants to add me on Game Center then it is LexusTexas. Well I played for many months, and I think I am going to delete it. Thanks developers for making the game.

DBrown

7. shieraz

shieraz Member

Nov 15, 2014
    @DBC: bring your hanger to max level, it will be easier to go to insane level then.

8. darkiller

darkiller Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Here are my screenshots. I got bored with the game after the cars drops was changed and have not played in quite a long time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Phill_UK

Oct 17, 2014
    Working for a living
    England
    Here are my screenshots. I never had any issues with card drops, and got most of them after the change was made to make them more infrequent. I am however really struggling to complete to final few stages after weeks of trying.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Sadly, I'm closer to max than I'd like to admit... :eek:;)

Your reflexes really do diminish as the decades stack... ;):rolleyes::D

DBC

11. shieraz

shieraz Member

Nov 15, 2014
    @DBC: talking of decades, i have seen 4. and i am sure that they do pile up :D

keep it up.

12. KTita

KTita New Member

Jan 21, 2015
    i love this one! :) sometimes it gives me a headache but its absolutelly worth it :)

13. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    New random question about... wait for it... cards. :p

Found another last night (WOO HOO! YESSSS!) in Stage 1 Insane, "increase hangar size."

Anyone got any thoughts on which cards drop where? The only two Stages I can comfortably (relatively speaking, mind you ;)) complete on Insane are 1 and 2, and I've yet to see anything beyond the first few cards, sooo...

Am I doomed to not find cards until I can successfully complete later Stages on Insane or... *GASP* above difficulty levels? :eek:

I don't think I've ever had a game I enjoyed so much while constantly contemplating deleting it and moving on... it's certainly an odd little thing.

DBC

14. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey guys!

Thanks for all the screenshots you've posted - they're very helpful.

There are several reasons, actually. First of all, some minor things have already been changed within the project since the last time it was submitted. This means we can't release it without a reasonable amount of testing. Secondly, at the moment we're not aiming to simply increase the probability, rather than make sure it's not bad luck all the time. This will require adding to the existing code and, again, testing.
    As for the upgrades - it's possible we'll upgrade something, but unlikely we'll bring all the equipment to the same level.

That's actually just the probability. There was no changes in the Android version, so you simply were lucky. Congrats! : )

Looks like love has the higher ground in this love-hate relationship :D

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

15. shieraz

shieraz Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I got all the hanger updates, collected all the cards but completing all the difficulty levels remains... Looking forward to the next update :)

Best of luck with release on steam.

16. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    The game is "pound for pound" one of my top overall gaming experiences within the iOS world. It has a free-time-devastating "one more try" vibe to it.

It just gets hard playing every day without fail, 20+ rounds a day some days on at least Hard and not seeing any cards :)()... as I said, love/hate. :p;):D

DBC

17. SuddenlyNinjas

SuddenlyNinjas New Member

Jan 24, 2015
    #1437 SuddenlyNinjas, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    I've gathered the last card back in September, I think, so I don't know if later updates changed anything more about card drops.
    Here are my most fruitful spots for card farming:
    Level 4 - right between me and the lower turret I've just hit
    [​IMG]

Level 6 - about where the shield is floating
    [​IMG]

These spots spawned most cards when I was collecting them, sometimes several times in a row, for example the spot on level 4 once gave me 5 cards in a row. Also if I remember correctly I was grinding those levels on Hard and gradually moving to Insane. I'm playing on Android if it matters any btw.

18. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    So last night I ended up seeing (and keeping, PHEW.) 2 cards in 10-15 runs, including 1 new one...

Needless to say, that's never happened before. *SMH*

@ SuddenlyNinjas - Good call on Stage 4, that was 1 of my spots! :D

DBC

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #1439 pluto6, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    Deleted

20. Phill_UK