Universal Sky Force 2014 (by Infinite Dreams)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeterID, Apr 25, 2014.

1. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    So, stage 7 is a multiplayer-stage, or what?

2. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No, it was a joke. It's really hard, though :)

3. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    Added launch trailer to the first post.

4. fm5zan

fm5zan Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Game Impressions

Have always been a fan of Infinite Dreams and this game makes me wanna love them even more. Thank you ID for revamping this game. It simply looks AWESOME and is highly additive :)

Brings back good ol' memories!!!

5. Bouncy1973

Bouncy1973 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Great, TEN days later only 123 more players have gotten there. At this rate, the 6218 remaining players will have reached it by... September?

6. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    @Bouncy1973: I'm sure it will go faster now that the game is out :)

Sky Force 2014 is out in NZ again. More countries to follow during the day.

Make sure to check out our launch trailer, if you haven't seen it yet!

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

7. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    ported from symbian :)

8. Bouncy1973

Feb 9, 2012
    Let's hope so... bit tired of waiting. Have you got any plans for more stages?

9. What does out in NZ mean? Was it pulled? Why?

Any hope for a premium version of this game?

10. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    So is that a new build? Or same one, that we got earlier?

11. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    @PraetorianX: Current build was released about a week ago. It was pulled yesterday to make a typical release, spreading through time zones. First post has some more explanations.

@Connector: Separate premium version is unlikely at this point.

@Bouncy1973: We have plenty of plans for new stages. Time will tell if we'll get a chance of bringing them to life.

@ip4weather: A "port" is a bit of understatement, isn't it? :D

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

12. Tobi (AppGemeinde)

Tobi (AppGemeinde) Well-Known Member

Amazing Job!

I've played this shooter now for a week... :)

I have to say, that this kind of retro shooter isnt my cup of tea, but damn, this game got me!I played it everyday. The graphics are superb, the gameplay is monoton but addicting - a real good game and a amazing remake!

With IAP you should be able to buy the ads away - they are showing up after some try, very annoyinf fullscreen...

In the end: give it a try! :)

13. OriginalDex

OriginalDex Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I was hoping just for a purchase to eliminate the timers and life refillers after the soft launch, but everything seems to be the same... what a pity, a great game litterally ruined by timers... well, after all most people here seem to enjoy it anyway.
    I personally can't stand that it's the game to decide when and if I can play with it... it's just too weird to me: I don't have all the time of the day to dedicate to this game, so if I have one hour free, I simply would like to be able to actually PLAY the game for one hour straight, not just play 10 times and then wait for lives to be refilled... but it's just my thought and the devs don't seem to care about this way of seeing the mobile gaming.
    Amen.

14. Bouncy1973

Feb 9, 2012
    Here's a bug for you to fix... when playing music on your iPhone, the game's music plays at the same time.

I know I can turn the game's music down or disable it, but the game should do that automatically if music is already playing or starts to play, right?

Good luck with the worldwide launch. :)

15. Bouncy1973

Feb 9, 2012
    Mmmmm... seems to go quite the opposite now that the update is live... it is now saying that 95,850 (yes, NINETY FIVE THOUSAND, EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY!!!)

What the hell is your problem man??

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ah, the pleasure of putting on a familiar pair of comfortable slippers.
    A super luxurious, super comfortable upgraded pair of familiar slippers.

I think this might well be the 12th (possibly more, exact number eludes me right now) device of mine that has a version of Sky Force (and Reloaded) on it.

Thanks very much Peter, its great to have it back in such a heavily upgraded form.
    And you guys did one hell of a job making it look just fantastic. Very impressive.

Here's looking forward to it (and/or future variants) appearing on my next 12 devices. Hopefully. :)

17. drquicksilver

drquicksilver Member

Jan 7, 2013
    So to be clear, having just read the the whole thread, this game has ads, timers and IAP but none of the IAP disable the ads or timers?

If that is indeed correct it seems like a great game ruined :-(

18. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    #119 Rosso, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    I AM spreading the word about this since soft launch weeks ago, but the entire "friends feature" just sucks! Why no Facebook invite or anything similar? Typing in email addresses and sending this to ppl, that won't work I am sure.

Also, it sends a wrong link (US store) to my European friends. Have to adjust manually.

Shame, as I love the game apart from this weak feature.

And yes, would prefer to spend 5€ initially a lot, over all this waiting-timer-bs and ads.

Cheers

19. PeterID

Oct 19, 2011
    @Rosso: Is it only inviting the friends that sucks, or once they're in the game it's still not fun? We'll work some more on the invite system, but at this point emails were the most solid thing to do, although not the easiest to use, I know.

@drquicksilver: The IAPs are waiting for the approval by Apple. There's a "Remove Ads" one and one that speeds up the plane production speed by 30 times, virtually killing the bigger timer. Small star pack and a Star Doubler will also be available.

@Rip73: Thanks! Great to see a long time fan of the series enjoying that new entry.

@Bouncy1973: Please have some patience. And we'll look into that audio bug you've mentioned.

@OriginalDex: It's not that we don't care, we just ran out of time. Some more explanation in the first post and here

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.