Universal Sky Force 2014 (by Infinite Dreams)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeterID, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So... I have amassed 2000 stars.

Wing Cannons or Missiles?

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sweet. Good thing i went for the cannons before i saw your post. Ahahahaha! Thanks SV!

4. NZer

NZer Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I.T Tutor
    New Zealand
    Yep no sound on the 5s!

5. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Playing on the 5s - iPad mini retina.
    No problems, absolutely amazing shmup.

Visuals are great! Controls are right! I love the fact if you lift your finger the game slo-mo's. Any game that requires constant dragging of the finger on the touch screen needs this. Your finger needs to be wiped every so often because it starts to stick and you can't drag properly so I like how I'm able to lift, wipe my finger and get back to blowing things up.

Love the feel of this, never played the original but it's a great game. Love the upgrade system as well, makes you want to keep playing. Always something to upgrade / make stronger. Haven't gotten past the first level yet. Need to still upgrade / complete all achievements.

I put in about an hour or so and so far so good. Keep it up guys!

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Progress in terms of upgrading and feeling stronger is a little slow though. Put in a few hours into this already, and still feels like pewpew.

But i love the game. Just remove the timers.

7. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Thanks for the honest reply. I don't mind pay and I don't mind free, I don't even mind IAPs , that's why I made some alternate suggestions, both of which involved using IAPs

I would buy this game given the choice but I'm not sure I would enjoy it as much with the current setup. Anyway I have made my point so I won't labour it any more.

It's still an awsome game though. Grats on bringing it back.

8. OriginalDex

OriginalDex Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Yes, the game is fantastic. Yes, the timers sucks.
    I'm only disturbed by one and only thing: is it really possible that the devs need to ask us if we are bothered by timers? Really? Can't they get it on their own?
    Who would be pleased to wait for ONE hour to have one life restored?
    So, sorry if i may sound unrespectful, but I'm just feeling fooled by the devs asking us about the timers: I just think it's a totally rethorical question and I'm sure they already know that the timers formula can't please anyone.
    That's just my point.

9. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I was grinding all morning for 2000 stars to buy wing cannons. Just fired it up again and all progress was lost,ugh. I'm back to 500 stars and no wing cannons which i purchased this morning.

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #70 Qwertz555, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    Never happened to me, everything is buttersmooth on my iphone 5,
    sorry to hear.

Insane mode is...yes, insane. I'm pretty far in upgrading but almost no chance to beat such a stage. Laser, shield and bomb are big time needed. Nice how to trigger them off. Lift your finger, going slow-mo and choose one. No buttons on the screen, nice. Btw, they are one-time-use and can be bought before a new game, after you enabled them of course. You will also find them while playing, maybe from a box, a boat or light-tower at, imho, a very fair rate. Playing hard mode, i never buy such a powerup before i start.

My prefered one is "grind-stage 3" on hard mode. Give's me from 760-800 stars each play (+/- 8000 stars an hour) This is definitely a very good and fair rate.
    Don't underestimate the magnet. Very helpful to gather the stars faster and to stay out of trouble !

The slow motion is incredibly beautiful to watch as also a genious tactical instrument. Either for re-positioning your finger or to "watch the future", if you have not memorized the stage yet. Very useful in a special stage.

@syntheticvoid + Peter
    Still no VIP seen

After the brilliant Angerforce-Strikers shmup i thought how nice it would be to have at least a second one to choose from - here it is.

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    It's a little VIP thing under the stage... I've rescued every person and got a friends beacon thing ( that gives you both stars), and nothing happened... So I have no clue what's up with it... What it does or anything like that...

Attached Files:

12. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    There should be an extra human (for extra stars) to rescue on this stage. It should stand out, as the costume has a different color. The place of appearance is semi random.
    Btw. since you're playing with some friends - how's harvesting friend's stars working for you? Yay or nay?

@krautboy: I'm sorry this happened. It's obviously a bug.

@NZer: Restarting the app should fix this.

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

13. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Controller support. I'll be extremely happy when this is added.

- Timers -

I understand the "need" for them in the free to play model. I won't pay for them. I've tried to warm up to the concept, and have spent money on a few games to see if I could justify that money being spent to upgrade things, remove a timer from time to time, etc.

I don't see it as something I will support. I've tried, and don't like it. It's money that can be used for other games and will seem to last through every play through of the game. Whereas, using it with timers, the money seems to only last x amount of times.

Earning stars to progress in the game appears to be something achievable. So, I'm ok with that part. I would suggest, as others already have, adding an IAP to remove timers completely. Best of both worlds.

The game looks great, and plays really well.

14. Aravon17

Aravon17 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2014
    #74 Aravon17, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Game Impressions

Been playing for a few days now and it has quickly become the game of choice for me ever since.

I've only gotten to level 3, but it's fun collecting stars to arm up my ship. Really fun going back to the earlier two missions and tearing it up with my new weapon upgrades.

The visual quality is phenomenal and the explosions are the type of payoff any weapon shooting addict should love! Seriously, the explosions are just delightful to behold and the environment is gorgeous!!!

My only issue right now is sometimes I have to restart the game because the sound does not always engage. However after a restart the sound turns back on.

While I love the game I sure hope there are more levels than just the eight right now as it would be sad to see the game finish so quickly. At least I hope there are more planned for future release.

So yeah, the game is crazy fun. Nothing on my iPod 5 is getting played like Sky Force 2014 is. Seriously, it's the most fun I have had in mobile gaming.

It's a great quick gaming fix and it's extremely pleasing to the eyes! Superb game!!! Can't wait to see the final version...especially since it's already this good!

Oh and here's a little pat on my back. After upgrading my ship I went back to level 1 and got the coveted "stay untouched" award. Of course it's only level 1, but hey it still makes me smile!

15. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Are the people you rescue in the missions actually your friends?

16. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #76 PeterID, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    @JCho133: Depends on which ones do you mean? The orange ones are game characters not related to you. The resting place of your friends' is represented by a beacon with an avatar. It's the actual place where your friend has lost the plane.

@Aravon17, F34R: Thanks for your impressions!

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just when i got so addicted to the game, i lost all hearts. Now im losing interest as i cant play anymore til i get some hearts off the stupid timers.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its actually clever the way you have to 'rescue' them. Its not just a case of flying over them and instantly picking them up/saving them. You have to keep your ship on top of them for a while while the circle animates, once its full you've done it. But when youre trying to pick them up and you're getting attacked it can be quite tricky.

To me little things like that really push this game to an elite status, so far a very polished game, still things to be ironed out but potentially its brilliant

19. Not too crazy about the timers or one ship.

I would propose a fair inapp to convert to premium with 3 ships and no wait timers.

Thanks.

20. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I like the way you rescue them now, in the old version of the game I used to inadvertently shoot them all the time. :)