Universal Sky Driver (by DanjelRicci / SpeedGraphX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SpeedGraphX, Nov 5, 2014.

1. SpeedGraphX

SpeedGraphX New Member

Nov 5, 2014
    Programmer
    Tivoli (ITA)
    #1 SpeedGraphX, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015

Download from: Google Play - iTunes Store

Hello everyone! My name is Danjel Ricci, but I joined here with my developer team name, SpeedGraphX. I usually write code and do graphics alone, but some friends are always helping with music, sounds and backend stuff.

Some time ago I launched Sky Driver, my first released game. It was born as a little distraction from a big and complex project, but in the end it turned out a nice product and I thought to publish it. The Android release was published some time later.

The main plan was to make a game following the trend of little, fast and hard games like Flappy Bird and all the others which came after, but the real challenge was to do it with a more "advanced" design and with an original idea, while keeping the gameplay super simple. In the end, I'm pretty satisfied on how Sky Driver turned out.

Thanks for the attention and have fun!

2. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    This looks interesting

Will give it a try!

3. SpeedGraphX

SpeedGraphX New Member

Nov 5, 2014
    Programmer
    Tivoli (ITA)
    I added the launch trailer to the main post, also version 1.1 is now online. :)

4. SpeedGraphX

SpeedGraphX New Member

Nov 5, 2014
    Programmer
    Tivoli (ITA)
    Update: Sky Driver is now available on Android too!

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Woah! Downloading this one now!

6. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    This game is ridiculous. Really. Much fun to be had! Hope this catches on. Tried it on Android, runs super smooth. If you are looking for that one more time type of game, this can fulfil that gap. Good luck and thanks Danjel!

7. ThumbSnail

ThumbSnail Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    I really like the concept. But this game is quite difficult. I know that's intentional, but it unfortunately works against the coolest thing about this game: watching the background change. In that regard, I feel like this game could benefit from either a limited brake (say, press both left and right at the same time, but you only get two per run) or maybe one free continue (like a Lakitu from Mario Kart).

Fun. Hard.

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Definitely a tough game. Fun, but tough. Maybe I'm just horrible at the game, but your vehicle seems to be going a tad too fast. Lol, at least for me! So far, I think I've only made it 77 meters and that's only because I caught a fairly easy track in the beginning. I'm sure you get better the more you play. It's still a fun game though and worth a download.

9. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah it's cool and fun for a little bit, but the car is definitely too fast for my liking. Sure it's supposed to be a hard game, but I'd like to play for more than a few seconds at a time. Kinda wish the car would start out going slow then maybe increase speed as you progress, or even have an "easy" mode with a slower car...

10. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    The car starts off pretty fast, but goes faster and faster even. You get used to it nonetheless. Still having much fun with it and I am surprised that not more people are playing it.

11. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    This is really cool! Somehow I missed it when it launched.

Although quite hard, the controls are very precise and don't feel frustrating.

I like the suggestion of limited brakes, but maybe instead of a limited number of uses per play, it could have cooldown time that would restrict its usage.

12. Shaun C

Shaun C Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Game Impressions

This is a really fun little game. Even though it seems super hard at first, you pretty quickly start to learn the turning speed of the car and get better at gauging how long to press to make it through the varying turns.

I find it a lot less frustrating than some other challenging games. Feels like I can get in the 'zone' more easily in this one.

Also it runs smoothly at 60fps on my ipad3 on the low graphics setting while still looking good (mainly you lose the depth of field blur), so thanks to the dev for including that option.

Cute idea too, with the road winding ever skyward. And nicely polished all around.

99c to remove ads, no other IAP that I can see. Installed size a fairly lean 57.4mb. I think this one's going to be a permanent fixture on my ipad. :)