Universal Sky Dancer (by Pine Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by antony.thai, Jan 18, 2017.

1. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Hmmm my sync works well

2. alliekruz

alliekruz New Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Pls Help

Can someone please help us out with this? Stuck on this and do not want to waste precious coins when I know I will need to know about them in the future.

3. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    It's supposed to read zig zag. You know Left then right than land or right then left and land. Just spend the coins to skip.

4. porktree

porktree Member

Jan 19, 2017
    I totally forgot I could spend coins to skip this. Duh.

5. CeruleanSettler

CeruleanSettler New Member

Jan 24, 2017
    After doing some googling, it seems like I'm not the only one who's been stumped by the challenge goals' wording; would it be possible to incorporate some sort of index of challenge goals, and an in-game indicator when you've successfully accomplished something towards a goal (such as "1 perfect landing of 20")?

For example, I'm currently stuck on "20 perfect landings while driving from the right." I genuinely can't figure out what qualifies as "while driving from the right"- do I just need a perfect landing after jumping from a platform that was on the right to a platform that was on the left? I don't seem to be getting credit for doing that, so that makes me wonder if I'm supposed to be actively moving from right to left at the moment of landing (which is incredibly difficult to achieve). It took me ages to figure out what "dive across a chasm" meant, because no chasms came up in my game play for at least twenty minutes; I couldn't decide if I needed to wait for the course to present me with a chasm, or if there was a specific move I was supposed to make to turn a normal jump into a dive.

For such a beautifully simple and straightforward game, I think having more detail available for the challenge criteria would be a huge improvement.

6. Waggins

Waggins Member

Jan 25, 2017
    I am having a problem with this event triggering consistently.

From what I can gather, you have to land perfectly when going from right to left (for driving right). But it could be left to right. I will do 15,000 point runs with multiple perfect landings of both types and it won't trigger. I'm tryin to reach 40 but ve been stuck at 37% for roughly 12,000 coins (is there a better way to reference how long our cumulative runs are?)

Any help on the 'driving right/left/ thing would be really helpful.

7. porktree

porktree Member

Jan 19, 2017
    As near as I can tell, you have to be actively 'driving' the sprite when it lands using the right hand (when driving from the right) - at first I thought driving should be diving, but it's supposed to indictate control. I agree, a fuller explanation would be helpful, I knew ziczac meant zig zag, but could not figure out the criteria that needed to be fulfilled to have a successful zig zag.

And, remember (as I had forgotten) - you can spend some coins to skip events. I can land perfects driving from the left all day long, I cannot say the same driving from the right :)

8. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #108 ColeDaddy, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    When I first played this game, I hated it. Even in beta, I hated it. Basically, I couldn't get a grasp of the physics involved. However, after reading all the positive reviews, I re downloaded this game and gave it a shot and now, absolutely love it. I intended to play this for 10 minutes this morning, because I have a laundry list of things to do, but I've been at it for 2 hours...and I bought the doubler to show my support for the dev who is a regular in this forum. Great stuff...probably my favorite auto-runner in the genre and the free-falling feel is the best on the market.

I just got my highest score in one run (around 7k?). However, the video button to continue one more play was disabled. Is this typical after a certain score threshold? Or, does this depend on how many coins you have available? If so, what is that number?

9. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Hello devs are you out there. Come on back

10. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    FYI a Grind isn't just any string of coins a Grind is one of the super long strings that you have to zig zag to collect

Straight lines of like 10 coins aren't grinds

11. CeruleanSettler

CeruleanSettler New Member

Jan 24, 2017
    So "driving from the right" actually means "steering with the right hand"? If that's the case, we really do need more detailed explanations for challenges- because that would be jumping from left to right, but the phrasing sounds more like jumping right to left.

Another confusing item I've come across is "immediately jump 10 times after landing in total." If we're being grammatically correct, that would mean ten consecutive jumps in a row. It really ought to be revised to "immediately jump after landing 10 times in total."

12. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Omg I'm sick of this game freezing because of this level 50 bug. May have to delete this

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Please don't worry, we will fix it in next version. We are sorry about it, kickypants.

14. cseymour24

cseymour24 New Member

Jan 26, 2017
    #114 cseymour24, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    I can confirm this for you. I was also baffled by the wording of this challenge, and I tried landings from both the left and right with no luck. I had the challenge "Land while driving from the left three times in one game". I watched VERY carefully (to the point where I was losing because of it), and this is 100% what it means: Make a perfect landing while actively moving your character from left to right as you land. This means that you have to be on the left side of the platform while in the air, and you have to be holding your right thumb down as you land. Your character drifting left to right does not work, and imperfect landings do not work either. You must have your right thumb down as you make a perfect landing. The challenge completed the third time I did this in my last game.

In your specific case (driving from the right), it would mean holding down your left thumb while landing perfectly. Apparently "driving" is actively pushing your character.

Hope this helps!

15. porktree

porktree Member

Jan 19, 2017
    More detailed challenge info would be great. I'm running to the moon 5 times, and have done many more than 5 prescise jumps with the moon on the screen - no joy. Same set of challenges includes jumping 10 times immediately after landing, I've counted 20-30 in a run and the event doesn't trigger. At the very least I'd like to see what my progress was (on these 'one run' events). ARgh.

16. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    +1 -- In great need of more thorough challenge information. The game is excellent in so many ways, but too often we're diving in the dark.

17. Waggins

Waggins Member

Jan 25, 2017
    While we are at it, what is "perform zig zag while skydiving?"

18. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm here and still studying all the feedbacks for our update. There're a network cable connection issue in my country which prevent us from accessing TA timely but we're always here as much as we can.

We've just submitted to Apple a quick fix version of some improvement including some translation in Challenge, however, we need a bit more time to totally improve it including the active progressing so player can have the idea how the status of the challenge is. And so many more, you will like it, I'm sure.

Best,
    Ell

19. antony.thai

Ops! So you didn't complete this quest even one? I will check that since during the testing, I completed it but a bit hard actually.

:( We didn't think that those 50 Challenges could be completed that soon (honestly), we're will be adding more quest plus the fix of this issue in update.

20. antony.thai

The video button is disable while there're no video available to watch so far, it's happening while playing without network I think, but lets me double check that with the guys to make sure of this issue.

Thanks for liking Sky Dancer ColeDaddy!
    Ell