Universal Sky Dancer (by Pine Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by antony.thai, Jan 18, 2017.

1. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I feel like there is lack of correct variety in the characters. They just dont seem that attractive. It doesnt give the player that feeling of wanting to buy it.

Although, in the recent image you uploaded, the ninja is something I would personally want. Slight variation in movements like jump or roll animation can enhance and address this issue.

Without having to directly reference something, popular character would be, like the ninja, a viking, knight, samurai, a business man, doctor, a special operation soldier (something along the lines of SWAT), police officer, firefighter, a chef, a priest, angel, (since we have satan), even famous gods and goddesses from Greek mythos like Hermes (he's a runner).

The idea is creating characters that are not too unfamiliar or vague like the ones offered right now. Characters we can easily relate to, and easily imagine what running through the landscape AS the chosen character would be like.

2. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Skins vs. Stats

Gathering coins to purchase new characters is fine but not nearly as enticing as going after a new character who will increase your stats in some manner. I have little interest in "skinning" my current character simply for the sake of a new look, but add in some bonuses and now I've got a worthy goal! I hope it happens. Loving the game.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#83 Anotherkellydown, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    @antony.thai - I'm not getting "perfect jump" at all anymore. The best it gives me is "precise jump". Anyone else notice that?

I'm using an iPhone 6 w/ iOS 10.2

Really enjoying the game. It's fun trying to stick those landings from such high platforms. Looks great too!

4. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    The continues and fake leaderboard are killing it for me. And ya I think the characters are unspectacular. Even a little unattractive and odd looking. I agree more recognizable character such as swat or agent or superstar figure or mythical warrior would be better. But the animation need reworked I would say to more realistic and detailed. And really the only thing that changes is looks. Also my iPad Pro that I play on mostly has no shadows at all and colors are not deep. So bright I can hardly see the next platform till its close

5. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Speaking as another iPad Pro (12") user, I would love to see the "Restart Now?" button offset from the center. Either side would work. Being as most of us restart the game a couple dozen times or more during any given session, it becomes a pain having to adjust and reach for the center every time. Maybe I just need longer thumbs. I realize this is a minor gripe, and iPad Pro users are certainly in the minority, but I thought I'd mention it, and hope. #

6. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Did you notice there is no shadows on the iPad Pro. Rocks cast no shadows and the runner just has a dark spot under him. No leg and arm movement shadows. And the lighting in general is a bit bright?

7. porktree

porktree Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Can some one explain the criteria for ziczac. I'm at the point where I need to do 2 in one run and have hit a wall (or a rock). When I had to do 10, I just died a lot, never quite figuring out what triggered success, and unlike the perfect grind there is no feedback to indicate success. Thanks.

8. porktree

porktree Member

Jan 19, 2017
    I'm also not getting the sadness about continues. As far as I can tell you can only do one per round. If you are butthurt about it just imagine you have a default of 2 lives. I dont think my current score was with a continue, 22k or a bit under, but I damn sure used a continue to survive all day and all night.

9. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I'm level 9 high score 12,466
    Can't wait to have a good score multiplier to crack the top ten

10. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    I do have a light, circular shadow beneath the runner. I have no shadows to represent leg or arm movement. Other (rock) shadows are either extremely light or non-existent. I figured that was how it was supposed to look, but perhaps not? I'll have to look for some gameplay videos to check it out.

One other suggestion for the dev: It would be helpful to add a countdown timer for timed events. I still haven't gotten past the two-minute challenge (apparently, I suck). I know I've come very close but I'd like to know just how close.

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #91 Andre, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Dear friends,

We are sorry that we can't connect to TouchArcade regularly because the Internet is not good in VietNam at this time. So we are sorry if we can't answer your feedback quickly.

Best regards to you,
    Andre

12. banana4apps

banana4apps New Member

Jan 23, 2017
    It looks really good!
    What Engine is used?

13. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Got update. Still no shadows present on iPad Pro and at level 50 the game freezes and my high scores will not record. Gotta close app and restart.

14. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    I see now there's a leaderboard for best distance. Very cool. But can I ask why you don't show us our meters traveled while we are running

15. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Got update. Running faster??

I too am not seeing shadows on my iPad Pro 12". Not a big deal to me as the game still looks beautiful.

The game seems to be running a good bit faster now, and if it's not my imagination, I'm not sure that overall faster movement is a good thing. I've only taken a few runs so far but it feels like I have less time to make my adjustments. Is this the case? The game was plenty hard to begin with, so I see no need to increase the difficulty. Is anyone else experiencing this speed-up?

In any case, it's great to see updates coming so quickly.

16. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    I get the feeling that meters are only counted when your running and not when your diving. I think meters should be counted as you dive also. And again. I don't know if it's true for anybody else because no one has said anything but me. But when I'm at level 50 game freezes Just like it did when there was that level 30 bug. It's like since you can't go any higher in level but yet for some reason there is still challenges to complete that the game just craps out. If level fifty is the max you can reach then why have more challenges to complete?

17. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016

Yes in this last update it seems they yet again adjusted the control. I don't know why. It was fine before. It definitely feels more touchy now too. Easy to overshoot landings. The devs are OCD about adjusting and adjusting and adjusting the control. Lol. Oh and compared to my iPhone. It's not just the shadows but the color is not as rich on my iPad either. Harder to see approaching platforms.

18. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Well, if that's the case, then please adjust the controls BACK. I played a few more runs and the game is definitely running faster, too fast. I like that the menus have become "snappier" but there was no need for increased speed within the challenges. Yes, we should feel tension when approaching our landings, but with the way things are now, I'm about to have a heart attack. :eek:

19. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    #99 shfrost, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    iCloud sync wonky after update?

Swapping from my iPad Pro 12" to my iPhone 6-plus, iCloud sync kept appearing during game play -- right in the middle of the screen, disrupting my view. I had to close the iCloud window. This occurred three times within one game. Then when I returned to my iPad Pro I did not receive the proper request to download the iPhone's updated scores. I now fear I might lose my progress when swapping devices, so I won't be going back to the iPhone until I hear from others.

I also did notice the very big difference in color saturation between the iPad Pro and iPhone, and of course the lack of shadows on iPad.

20. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Hmmm my sync works well